Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disability Allowance Expires

• 24-09-2020 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I’m on disability allowance for just short of Two years now. I was in Post-office today collecting my money when I noticed on the screen that my Allowance will expire in December, is it possible this is just a technicality? as in it coincides around the time my Six month cert is due. I’m thinking I wouldn’t just get my Allowance cut without a letter looking for my recent medical history and so on. Sorry if this all comes across as stupid just took me a little by surprise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Illness benefit or disability allowence ?

Two different things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gatling wrote: »
    Illness benefit or disability allowence ?

Two different things

I'm on Disability Allowance.

nocoverart wrote: »

You don't usually have certs on DA you can be periodically reviewed thought to make sure your still unable to do work for whenever injuries or medical condition you may have.

Most of the people I know getting DA don't have to send in any certs

You don't usually have certs on DA you can be periodically reviewed thought to make sure your still unable to do work for whenever injuries or medical condition you may have.

Most of the people I know getting DA don't have to send in any certs

Yeah, i was definitely told to hand in 6 mont certs even though I'm on DA. Cheers!

Yeah, i was definitely told to hand in 6 mont certs even though I'm on DA. Cheers!

I'd look into that , you get Da based off having a injury or illness that's going to last 12 months or more that prevents you doing the job you have ,
    But you can definitely be reviewed but they usually send out forms and a letter first letting you know your claim is being reviewed ,
    Personally never came across anyone on this forum asked to send in certs for DA .
    Give the department DA section a ring and see if they know anything

• Advertisement

I'd look into that , you get Da based off having a injury or illness that's going to last 12 months or more that prevents you doing the job you have ,
    But you can definitely be reviewed but they usually send out forms and a letter first letting you know your claim is being reviewed ,
    Personally never came across anyone on this forum asked to send in certs for DA .
    Give the department DA section a ring and see if they know anything

Yeah, definitely a weird one. Thanks a mill for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I never heard that anyone on DA has to send in regular medical certs. It is simply not part of this sheme.Once you got DA awarded you did not have to send in anything - they just left you alone.This could go on for decades...
    Are you sure you are not on DB? It would be normal on that sheme to send in regular certs. And it would be normal that the sheme ends after two years.
    Just recheck again,please...is it Disability Allowance or Disability Benefit? Have a look on the paperwork they send you in the beginning when you got accepted on the sheme! The sheme you are on should be noted there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There’s no such thing as Disability Benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hawthorne

There’s no such thing as Disability Benefit.

Correct.
    I ment to say Illness Benefit.

Advertisement