Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numerous HEO ICT PAS Roles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

TestLink wrote: »
    Online Assessment! Is it only for EO s/w development stream or for Infra support as well?

The tests are for the 3 EO ICT streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭TestLink

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    The tests are for the 3 EO ICT streams.

Is this the first time there is an online exam. Never happened to me before!

Not sure, have you applied for previous EO ICT roles?

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    Not sure, have you applied for previous EO ICT roles?

Yes. There was only interviews. Might be this time lots of people applied for this role and they want to shortlist!

Yes. There was only interviews. Might be this time lots of people applied for this role and they want to shortlist!

Did you get the job and now fancy a change?

• Advertisement

Yes, I got it. But left that when I got another higher salary Public Sector IT job.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

I did an online assessment test for the EO ICT competition in February 2015, followed by another one in person in PAS HQ, Charter House, D1 about a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Does anyone have a copy of the handbook for the 3 EO ICT stream opportunities? Was sure I had it saved but apparently not!

Wanted to take another look before trying the online assessment.

Did any of you get any communication from Publicjobs regarding the HEO ICT roles? Any idea about the shortlisting and interview dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Did any of you get any communication from Publicjobs regarding the HEO ICT roles? Any idea about the shortlisting and interview dates?

Not yet, was about to ask the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 rvcedd

Not yet either still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

For the EO competition, reminder that the deadline for the assessment is today at 1pm. It's the typical Cut-E assessment, but I'd highly recommend practicing the inductive part somewhere else first, e.g. there's a sample here: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/free/inductive-logic/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭doc22

1pm today

doc22 wrote: »
    1pm today

Jese thanks, apologies all, edited. Lucky I didn't wait until the last minute :confused:

floorpie wrote: »
    Jese thanks, apologies all, edited. Lucky I didn't wait until the last minute :confused:

I did inductive part there now. very hard without practice

I did inductive part there now. very hard without practice

Next to impossible imo. That being said, the sample I linked to was more difficult than those in the assessment I feel.

The deductive logic was also different for me than the video linked to in the information booklet.

Next to impossible imo. That being said, the sample I linked to was more difficult than those in the assessment I feel.

The deductive logic was also different for me than the video linked to in the information booklet.

I answered the first 3 quick enough then ......:eek:

I was baffled by the surprise test, having practiced the deductive that they linked us to. Both inductive and deductive were essentially technique based, so I'm not sure that they're assessing anything useful...? I.e. a person could fail them in this competition but ace them in the next, so what's the point in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Yes

Both inductive and deductive tests were tough alright

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Same experience I had exactly. I selected this one first(Deductive Logic) as I thought it would be the easy one of the four tests. How wrong I was. Once I saw this I knew it was all over for me. Devastated I am, as I really wanted this position. The AO comp is my last chance now so I will learn from the mistakes of this one.

• Advertisement

Still no word on the HEO role? Is it usual for the some of the positions in a panel to be progressed with much faster than others or is it likely that I've missed out perhaps?

I emailed PAS about the HEO role and this what I got back:

"It is anticipated that shortlisting for this competition will take place in mid-November with interviews commencing late Nov/early Dec. All candidates will be informed of the outcome of the shortlisting stage as soon as the results are available. The competition will remain open for 18 months approx. "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah not surprised its been delayed. Short listing was supposed to be the middle of this month, with interviews mid/end of November. Pity, would have hoped things would have been moving a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

just got an update from publicjobs regarding the shortlisting which has been divided into 2 groups. Those with extremely strong experience deemed suitable for the roles are going to proceed directly to the interview stage while others whose experience is deemed as sufficient enough are placed on a reserve panel which i presume which will be called upon to interview when there are no more suitable candidates from the first group.

Thanks for the update Bada, have the people on the first batch going for interview been notified yet?

i don't know anything about that as i fall into the reserve panel so looks like it could be a while before anything happens

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

greyslate wrote: »
    Thanks for responding. Do you have any links to confirm that the State Contributory Pension is included in the Civil Service pension? I had assumed it was paid in addition to it. If this is true it's a pretty terrible deal even compared to my current private sector DC plan.

Anyone in any post 1995 scheme (the majority of the sector at this point) is getting a pension which includes the SCP in all of its calculations, not in addition to it. The posters explaination of the pensions scheme for new starters is one hundred percent accurate.

I only got reserve panel also, pretty disappointed. Anyone know what this means in terms of, e.g. timeline, how large each panel typically is etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I only got reserve panel also, pretty disappointed. Anyone know what this means in terms of, e.g. timeline, how large each panel typically is etc

Just FYI, to all on here. It can literally be a two plus year timeline from applying for one of these roles to actually getting an offer and another few months between offer and start. This depends on the panel lifetime, usually between one and two years.
    If you end up higher up the panel that would reduce the 2 years significantly.
    From application to being told you made the panel can be anything from 2 months to 6 or 7 months depending on a few variables.

• Advertisement

without knowing what the size of the first panel is, it's hard to judge but it's likely that some of those candidates will probably find other jobs or may not be happy with the positions that they get offered. i think the panel will be valid for 18 months.

Also bear in mind these candidates have to pass and score well at the interviews so there might be some that won't meet the expected requirements

Advertisement