Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buymie Feedback thread

Options
  • 05-09-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭

TLDR: What is buymie
    Like Postmates in the US, app based service where you order groceries and a shopper (working for BuyMie not the grocers) goes and collects for you. Fast but expensive.

We had a bargain alerts thread here but it doesnt make sense to keep bumping a stale offer.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108154520

Be good to get users feedback/tips/etc. During lockdown services like this are a real winner. In Ireland their real USP is theyre the only way to get Lidl delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some samples from other threads:
    Lidl deliver in some areas using this god-awful poorly designed app that's compatible with almost nothing called buymie
    BellaBella wrote: »
    I've tried it. It's useless.

Lidl deliver in some areas using this god-awful poorly designed app that's compatible with almost nothing called buymie
    BellaBella wrote: »
    I've tried it. It's useless.
    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Unbelievable arrogance from the BuyMie founder

https://twitter.com/DevanHughes/status/1245035260124884992

Your "international expansion"?

You can't even get Dublin right you twonk.

I'm trying them today so will add my own experience later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

No doubt, just like every other service you use, you will have issues.

Sorry, but a review from you cuts no ice as looking at your posts, you seem to have nothing but problems with every service out there.

Used it once last year when I was ill and could not get to the shops.

Very poor experience. On top of the delivery charge, they add a percentage to the cost of each item, don't pass on store discounts to the customer, (eg "bogof" or "2 for €x") instead they charged full price for each item and tried to charge my card three times, - first for the estimated price, then for the actual price - then they tried to charge me a third time for some other charge I can't even remember what for, and that's when I blocked my card.

Avoid.

Seems like a lot of the issues were early on.

Tesco price: 37.25
    Buymie price: 42.65

So about 13% extra is correct. Some of that is promo prices (ones on for months) arent applied.
    That said, tesco was like 4 days lead time and Buymie was same day!

Ordered: Sat, 5 Sep, 13:31
    Delivered: Before Sat, 5 Sep, 15:48

Thats fairly mad performance for a small surcharge. I got free delivery but at €4.99 its the same as Tesco (3e for worst slots, 5 for middle, 7 for the best ones).

Will probably use them again when I procrastinate ordering directly.

Seems like the margin is more like 19% now. Still ordered, but would be slow to do so again unless Im feeling really lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have never heard of Buymie, and after searching for them here, I don't know how I missed them there are quite a few threads on them. I haven't read any of them yet.

I wanted to see if there were any charges other than shipping as it is saying I am eligible for free delivery on first order, so I went to Turkey steaks and threw a few packets into basket to build up basket and check.

The first thing I noticed is the price of the steaks, It says underneath it "prices are the same as in store" but in the image they use the price is €3.79 on the packet, but their price is €4.29. That is already €0.50c on one item.

Then I see there is an extra charge of €3.50 on the final price, (I had to keep adding items in t o build up basket) so I came to boards and searched. Looking at the feedback I think I will give them a miss unless there is something I am missing, I was just liking the idea of getting it tonight if I ordered now, as my unable to go from here. Has anybody got any more recent feedback from them? I will go look at the other threads now, this was just the first thread to appear and the title was what i was looking for.

Incidentally, I looked at a few other items, and the prices seem to be blanked out. This may be why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You didn't trust the word of the Lord? There is no higher being.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Isn't there an alternative to buymie? Shuppa?

I know at the end of lockdown a guy in my Grandmothers area (she is long gone now) started doing it himself it was spoken about because it was reckoned his timing was terrible. He is making a fair bit. He is advertised in the local Dunnes and SuperValu, but I don't know how he advertises for Lidl or Aldi or any of the others. I don't know how he takes the orders or if they use click and collect etc. No idea how it works, but he seems to be doing okay. Enough that is keeping it going anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Look, having read the emails and your issue, you're entitled to complain - otherwise how are others going to understand what the company is like to work for? Zero-hour contracts are unfair and they are even more unfair if the pitch isn't level.

Advertisement