Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon parcel and An Post holding time

• 13-08-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

I ordered a webcam from Amazon.co.uk. Looking like it will be delivered weeks early.

How long will An Post hold that parcel before returning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

KOR101 wrote: »
    I ordered a webcam from Amazon.co.uk. Looking like it will be delivered weeks early.

How long will An Post hold that parcel before returning?

I don't really understand the question? Are you not at home or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Yes, I read this and wondered......

By the way, it was an amazon.co.uk delivery and for some reason they appear to originate from Dublin so it was treated as domestic. I had assumed that it would be treated as international and held for 21 days.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=78189485

Ancient post I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

By the way, it was an amazon.co.uk delivery and for some reason they appear to originate from Dublin so it was treated as domestic. I had assumed that it would be treated as international and held for 21 days.

Ancient post I know!

You can ask for it to be redirected ( delivery place options usually become available 2 days before delivery ) or if it is already in the delivery office waiting collection you can asked for a redelivery option to the address on it or to an alternative address .

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Manage-Your-Post/Arrange-Redelivery

SPDUB wrote: »
    You can ask for it to be redirected ( delivery place options usually become available 2 days before delivery ) or if it is already in the delivery office waiting collection you can asked for a redelivery option to the address on it or to an alternative address .

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Manage-Your-Post/Arrange-Redelivery
    Love it.....

The item details from your “Sorry we missed you” notice

Catch 22.

Anyway, I take it that I will in fact get 16 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ancient post I know!

Amazon put the local an post label on the parcel and ship them in bulk themselves to an post parcel center in Dublin

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    Amazon put the local an post label on the parcel and ship them in bulk themselves to an post parcel center in Dublin
    So that means I just get 5 days?

I do wonder because I recall a smartphone being returned to Italy and I was only two weeks late with the pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So that means I just get 5 days?

I do wonder because I recall a smartphone being returned to Italy and I was only two weeks late with the pick up.

The return address for Amazon dispatches within Ireland is:
    Amazon
    CO An Post
    Portlaoise

Its definitely domestic mail.

Id say its most likely that they'll leave it in your green bin, with a neighbour, under the doormat. They've not done a missed delivery for me in about a month despite nobody being in on many occasions.

Ah well.......

Full address: First name, Dublin.

Two words. I kid you not........

Amazon is beyond a joke at this point.

Ah well.......

Full address: First name, Dublin.

Two words. I kid you not........

Amazon is beyond a joke at this point.
    I think I was wrong about this. This appears to be just a security feature they've added to order confirmation emails. I think......?

[edit]At least that's what I'm hoping, or another one has gone astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think I was wrong about this. This appears to be just a security feature they've added to order confirmation emails. I think......?

[edit]At least that's what I'm hoping, or another one has gone astray.

Yeah, the emails changed. They now include feck all info, even what you ordered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement