Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

April 2021 Babies Club

• 03-08-2020 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I couldn’t find an April 2021 thread so I thought I would set one up! I’m due in April, I’m verrry early on. I’m quite nervous as I had a miscarriage last autumn. First baby! I’ve an appointment with my GP later in the week when I’ll be over 5 weeks but have had positive tests for 4 days now! Fingers crossed all goes well this time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Congrats. My wife is due early April 2021 also. I found these threads great before so jumping in again.

Good luck to 1 and all

• Registered Users Posts: 40 April21

Thanks GavMan

It all feels a little surreal as we had been trying for nearly a year with one miscarriage. Here’s hoping all works out ðŸ‘🻠Congrats to you and your wife also! It’s early days for all of us but hopefully it’s plain sailing.

So I went to the GP this morning, filled out the paperwork, 5+1 today so early days. Due date is April 8th which seems so far away! It’s starting to sink in now that I’m pregnant again and the pregnancy test was good and dark this morning. I started bleeding at 5+3 the last time so I’m quite worried but the GP did her best to reassure me. I’m going to go private so I’m going to ring next week to book in and the GP hopes I’ll get an early scan for some reassurance. I’ll just have to take things as they come now and hope for the best. I’m not terribly excited yet, just worried but hopefully that will pass the further along we go.

5+4 today and getting some nausea, no vomiting thankfully. It seems to be when I’m hungry? Maybe that’s why they say to eat little and often!

Anyone else out there? I feel like this is going to be my own personal blog lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Laurabelle

Hey 😀 I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and due 06th April 😀 how are you feeling?

• Advertisement

Laurabelle wrote: »
    Hey 😀 I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and due 06th April 😀 how are you feeling?

Yay Laurabelle! Only two days between EDDs! Glad I’m not on my own here :D

I’m feeling ok, tired a lot and some nausea yesterday but good this morning. And REALLY bloated with some mild cramps which I think are normal. How are you feeling?

I feel the same with being bloated and odd cramps here and there, other than that not much just tiredness, have a 4 year old and a 1 year old too so they add to the tiredness 🙈 I find my sense of smell Is very heightened too. What County are you from? I'm from Waterford x

Laurabelle wrote: »
    I feel the same with being bloated and odd cramps here and there, other than that not much just tiredness, have a 4 year old and a 1 year old too so they add to the tiredness 🙈 I find my sense of smell Is very heightened too. What County are you from? I'm from Waterford x

I’m living in Kilkenny but booking in the Coombe - we have family near Dublin to help if needed and I work quite near Dublin. This is my first and a little nervous. My OH this morning was a bit disappointed to hear he can’t come to the first scan :( I might see if there’s somewhere to get a scan privately where partners can come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

April21 wrote: »
    I’m living in Kilkenny but booking in the Coombe - we have family near Dublin to help if needed and I work quite near Dublin. This is my first and a little nervous. My OH this morning was a bit disappointed to hear he can’t come to the first scan :( I might see if there’s somewhere to get a scan privately where partners can come.

Lots of places offering scans where partners cane come. I recently went to one in Santry in the Omni Shopping centre. Really nice and very thorough.
    https://ultrasound.ie/contact-us/

Aw try not to be too nervous just go with it and enjoy every minute, it's such an exciting time 😀 ye the private scans your allowed to being partner. Have you downloaded the baby Centre app? It's great, you can join the April birth group and there is so many on it, really good advice and hearing different people's stories. I joined it for both previous pregnancies and it was great whenever I had a question x

• Advertisement

Fab I must download it thank you!

6+3 today and up at 6am eating dry toast due to nausea :( it’s worse it’s getting unfortunately! No vomiting but seem to be very nauseous if I’m hungry at all. Hopefully I get a handle on it and it passes off soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tissues

6+3 today and up at 6am eating dry toast due to nausea :( it’s worse it’s getting unfortunately! No vomiting but seem to be very nauseous if I’m hungry at all. Hopefully I get a handle on it and it passes off soon

Hey, I’m also due mid April, baby3, very early so trying not to think about it too much. My past pregnancies I was nauseous If I got even a little hungry so kept crackers with me at all times, even beside my bed for first thing in the morning, it helped.

tissues wrote: »
    Hey, I’m also due mid April, baby3, very early so trying not to think about it too much. My past pregnancies I was nauseous If I got even a little hungry so kept crackers with me at all times, even beside my bed for first thing in the morning, it helped.

Yes I have crackers in the car but must get some for beside the bed! Hope you’re feeling well at the moment

Hows everyone doing? I’m 7+0 weeks today. Will have my first scan in a week and a half. Nausea seems to have settled a bit - don’t know if that’s a good or a bad sign! I’m trying not to read into it too much. Having some lower abdominal cramps too, very light. Tired and boobs still tingly and tender when trying to lie in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Hi everyone, I’m nervously joining! approx 5 weeks so still very early days, have a 16 month old already so very anxious of what lies ahead. Holding off visiting the GP for another couple of weeks. I already have nausea again so back to my old reliable ginger nuts and 7-up.

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I’m nervously joining! approx 5 weeks so still very early days, have a 16 month old already so very anxious of what lies ahead. Holding off visiting the GP for another couple of weeks. I already have nausea again so back to my old reliable ginger nuts and 7-up.

Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, no nausea but all the swelling here, bloating there, skin oiling up, etc.

When did ye start morning sickness, first pregnancy.

Danzy wrote: »
    6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, no nausea but all the swelling here, bloating there, skin oiling up, etc.

When did ye start morning sickness, first pregnancy.

I started getting waves of nausea around 6 weeks. I haven’t vomited thankfully and some days are better than others. Yesterday I had no nausea and was a little concerned but had a wave again this morning. Some people have no nausea at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I started getting waves of nausea around 6 weeks. I haven’t vomited thankfully and some days are better than others. Yesterday I had no nausea and was a little concerned but had a wave again this morning. Some people have no nausea at all

Felt sick last night.👌

• Advertisement

How’s everyone doing? Had a private scan today with my OH as he cannot come to the hospital with me next week. Having an early scan as previous miscarriage. Saw baby and listened to heartbeat! Was really emotional actually. I’m 7+4 today but baby measuring 7+2 which the sonographer said is perfectly normal. Everything looked good! Hopefully all will continue to be well fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Babyonboard95

Due late April 2021.. first pregnancy, first try! So excited already even though it seems so far away.. fingers crossed for a healthy and safe pregnancy for everyone here

I’m 9+1 today, met the obstetrician on Monday at 8+4 and all seemed well, measuring correctly etc and heartbeat present. I’ve been started on aspirin as high risk for preeclampsia apparently. Seem to be taking it ok with my breakfast in the morning. Sickness has eased a lot thankfully. My booking visit will be at 12+5 weeks with midwife and obstetrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Hi all. Im 7 +1. Had first app with GP on Monday gone. Have a 2.5 year old so this time around I am super tired and extra nausous. Feel like i just dont want to eat anything.

Working from home 2 days a week so I sleep for abut 1.5 hours during the day when my toddler goes for a nap. Funny I seem so much worse this time around with the tiredness and nausous.

Welcome donkey10! Hopefully the fatigue and nausea will start to ease for you soon

I’m 9+2 today. Have my first scan in just under 4 weeks. I’m constantly tired and I actually cannot stop eating. Which is making me anxious about how much weight I’m going to put on.. upsetting that at present our partners won’t be able to come to scan or anything. Hopefully by the time we are due they may be allowed in to the hospital as normal again. I’ve noticed a lot of people sharing a petition for this in the last few days

I’m 9+2 today. Have my first scan in just under 4 weeks. I’m constantly tired and I actually cannot stop eating. Which is making me anxious about how much weight I’m going to put on.. upsetting that at present our partners won’t be able to come to scan or anything. Hopefully by the time we are due they may be allowed in to the hospital as normal again. I’ve noticed a lot of people sharing a petition for this in the last few days

Maybe itll only be in the first few weeks that you'll feel like your eating a lot. Are you nausous at all?
    Yup i signed that petition myself. Hopefully theyll consider it. Do you know is it the same with private and public scans that the partner wont be allowed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Buttercup710

donkey10 wrote: »
    Maybe itll only be in the first few weeks that you'll feel like your eating a lot. Are you nausous at all?
    Yup i signed that petition myself. Hopefully theyll consider it. Do you know is it the same with private and public scans that the partner wont be allowed in?

We got 2 private scans in the last 2 months that my husband was allowed to attend but not for any hospital appointments.

We got 2 private scans in the last 2 months that my husband was allowed to attend but not for any hospital appointments.

Oh so if your going private they will be allowed to attend

• Advertisement

donkey10 wrote: »

I have slight nausea, maybe once or twice a week but have only actually got sick once so I’m counting myself lucky. I tried to book private scan but when I was told my partner couldn’t come I didn’t book. But other people have had their partners at private ones so maybe it just depends on specific area/hospital

Advertisement