Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Alittlehelp45

I’ve just completed mine and found the process horrendous! It’s so rigid, there is no opportunity to convey personality or the likes. I felt like a robot (who stuttered a lot)!

Does anyone know the weighting placed on each component (application, aptitude and interview) as if it’s heavily weighted towards the interview I think I’m gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

I’ve just completed mine and found the process horrendous! It’s so rigid, there is no opportunity to convey personality or the likes. I felt like a robot (who stuttered a lot)!

Does anyone know the weighting placed on each component (application, aptitude and interview) as if it’s heavily weighted towards the interview I think I’m gone!

I got the impression that the aptitude is done and dusted. Now its the video interview marked on its own that decides if you go through to the next stage.
    Application Form hasn't been looked at yet...that's what I think anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User247

Any idea when we should have the feedback from the interviews? What would typically be the next round? I'm assuming competitive interviews will be hard to organise with Covid! This is my first time doing one of these. I found the timing hard. They want an awful lot in your answers with very little time to say it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User247

I feel the exact same! I was exhausted by the time the interview was over!

I also think that we are going to be called to the next round based on our performance on the interview only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sifi70

Hi all, this was my first time taking such a test. What is the chance of ever being called if you don't fall within the first 200 successful individuals who took the test. If you make the panel, do you stay on it until you eventually get called for an interview or do they 'dissolve' the panel after a certain period of time? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭crinkley

sifi70 wrote: »
    Hi all, this was my first time taking such a test. What is the chance of ever being called if you don't fall within the first 200 successful individuals who took the test. If you make the panel, do you stay on it until you eventually get called for an interview or do they 'dissolve' the panel after a certain period of time? Thanks.

Panels tend to stay 'live' for 2 years and then it expires and a new comp is needed.

as for the chance of being called all depends on demand, a lot of those 200 called may not past the video and then subsequent interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

I had serious technical difficulties with this sonru app and my answers did not get uploaded properly. I contacted public jobs who gave me another opportunity to do it but I still wasn't happy with it. It would be a lot better to do interview through zoom or microsoft teams or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 djcubedmofo

"The selection board met last week and this week to review and assess all candidate responses and it’s anticipated that results will issue around mid-Oct."

Received this Thursday 8th after I sent an update request.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

"The selection board met last week and this week to review and assess all candidate responses and it’s anticipated that results will issue around mid-Oct."

Received this Thursday 8th after I sent an update request.

Thanks for that
    Did anyone else get a strange request to resend photo i.d and declaration earlier this week?

tungsten wrote: »
    Thanks for that
    Did anyone else get a strange request to resend photo i.d and declaration earlier this week?

I didn't.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that

nope, but I did get a confirmation email when I sent mine in

Thanks for that

Yes I did! All good now!

Just found out that I didn't pass. Did well on the ""Delivering Results" section but scored slightly under the pass mark in the other two sections: "Strategic Management & Change" and "Performance through People".

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Alittlehelp45

Just found out that I didn't pass. Did well on the ""Delivering Results" section but scored slightly under the pass mark in the other two sections: "Strategic Management & Change" and "Performance through People".

I was 5 marks shy on the performance through people criteria. I can’t believe that the interview was examined in isolation. I scored in the low 50s on the aptitude test and would ordinarily be comfortable interviewing. I had a train wreck speaking to camera and monitoring time while working from home with young kids. I would actually consider performance through people one of my strengths... the process would nearly put me off applying again

I passed next stage to be early November. Certainly not my best interview delivery but I had my examples from a U.K. civil service panel that I passed for the same grade so glad it was obviously more about the content than the delivery lol

Passed also
    Tips i'd like to pass on if helpful

I used 'i' a lot, embarrassingly so

Had my competencies at 250 words for 3 mins video

I spoke at a consistent speed - no void silences if possible

Keep your eye on the camera. I didn't look at notes.

Did anyone who pass get their results or just the email saying you've met the standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maria2605

crinkley wrote: »
    Did anyone who pass get their results or just the email saying you've met the standard?

Hi there,
    I was just going to ask the same thing! All I got was an email saying I met the standard. I was surprised that they didn't give any marks on the individual competencies! But now I see that other people seem to have received more detailed feedback so I'm confused. Might just be an oversight?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 PeachL00pies

I also only got an email saying I met the standard. I presume it has been structured like this to level the playing field for the 'Main Interview' and that the Order of Merit listing will follow...

Although, I could be completely wrong. You never know what PAS has up its sleeve.

I would just to have liked to have seen my marks to see what areas I should be working on for the main interview, maybe it will come later like the online tests breakdown did

• Advertisement

Emails out with notification to self-book an interview time.

When booking it had a sub campaign ref called seo tipperary county council
    Am worried why the campaign is specific to tipp.Any ideas?

I booked the last date available, mine also gives Westmeath which was like my 5th choice, I wonder if that has any bearings

Mine was for Dublin City Council, which was my first choice. I only put down three in total on the application form, which was DCC, Fingal and Regional Assembly. Maybe give PAS a call and ask?

Mine was for Dublin City Council, which was my first choice. I only put down three in total on the application form, which was DCC, Fingal and Regional Assembly. Maybe give PAS a call and ask?

going by the latest email it seems its just a default for the system, I really didn't mind anyway I would accept any of the 6 I put down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 akruteh

Does anyone have the SEO competition booklet by any chance? Thanks.

see they gave the competencies they will be basing the interview on, I have no idea about timings or how long to expect the interview to last. Numbers must be low enough as well with only one chair

Is this interview the final stage?

Tigerpants wrote: »
    Is this interview the final stage?

Have they done the sift on our application yet? I never got anything about passing that stage but can't imagine they would put you in front of a panel before it

• Advertisement

Interview is final stage. I asked during the test call and they said they're aiming for the end of this month for panel positions.

Advertisement