Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restart Grant

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

I thought it was just a top up, think one of mine was about 3997 so am I entitled to another 4000?

Yes, it's the same again (or even more if you were below the lower threshold before).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

If the total payable is over 10 then do yourself a favour and email them tax clearance code from Ros I got asked yesterday by Sdcc before funds will be released

Did I imagine hearing it in yesterday's announcement about further restrictions in Dublin, or is it the case that there is potentially a third bite of this particular cherry? I can't seem to find anything official about it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

30% extra on top the restart plus grant , similar to what Kildare , Laois and Offaly got .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

gizabeer wrote: »
    30% extra on top the restart plus grant , similar to what Kildare , Laois and Offaly got .

Hi there,

Would you know if this will be given out automatically, ie if you got the full grant (rates rebate) recently will you now by default get the extra payment ?

I have rang the department who said they hadn’t been told the details yet. Also have been told that it’s actually 40% not 30%. Seems all very disorganised.
    Thanks !

• Advertisement

Hi , I just heard it announced on the radio and haven't heard anything since .

I got the second restart grant today but only double earlier one. I note from

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f7b2c-government-here-for-impacted-dublin-business/

Topped up Restart Grant Plus

Dublin businesses impacted by 25% or more fall in turnover will now be entitled to a 30% top-up, bringing the new minimum for affected counties to €5,200 and the new maximum to €32,500. Those that applied and received a grant previously, can receive the top up of 30%.

How do I get the other 30% and is there anyone who has got it? Im in Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

I’m waiting 6 weeks here in Kerry and still no contact.
    Bit of a joke really that it’s taking so long. Other countries had their business grants within days.

lomb wrote: »
    I got the second restart grant today but only double earlier one. I note from

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/f7b2c-government-here-for-impacted-dublin-business/

Topped up Restart Grant Plus

Dublin businesses impacted by 25% or more fall in turnover will now be entitled to a 30% top-up, bringing the new minimum for affected counties to €5,200 and the new maximum to €32,500. Those that applied and received a grant previously, can receive the top up of 30%.

How do I get the other 30% and is there anyone who has got it? Im in SDCC Dublin. Thanks

I'm wondering this myself , I got the restart plus last week , it was my rates from last year but no sign of the extra 30% top up , what band of rates are you on ?

gizabeer wrote: »
    I'm wondering this myself , I got the restart plus last week , it was my rates from last year but no sign of the extra 30% top up , what band of rates are you on ?

around 8 pa, im assuming that they will email a form for the 30% in due course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dub3075

I emailed DCC earlier and they said the 30% would be transferred in the next couple of weeks. You don't have to apply for it if you already received the restart grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

For anyone that missed out on the original Restart Grant is has been reopened. Depending on the CoCo area you are in it may be just transferred into your account based on your application for the Restart Plus grant and if you are deemed eligible for it under the original rules. No application needed. Other CoCo are looking for a declaration on a few points before validation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

dub3075 wrote: »
    I emailed DCC earlier and they said the 30% would be transferred in the next couple of weeks. You don't have to apply for it if you already received the restart grant.

I received off DCC on Monday

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

still waiting on the 30% top up from waterford county council... hope it will be here soon.... great to see that some councils have started paying it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ash_18x wrote: »
    still waiting on the 30% top up from waterford county council... hope it will be here soon.... great to see that some councils have started paying it out though.

Is it for all county's, I thought it was only Dublin, is it's 30% on top of the two start up grants already paid out?

Is it for all county's, I thought it was only Dublin, is it's 30% on top of the two start up grants already paid out?

It was put out to every county on the 9th of October- in the budget I think? I just rang Waterford county council there and he said it will be issued within the next 14 days. We don't have to do anything, a remittance email will be sent and it will paid straight into the bank account :)

How much is it worth? None of my rates were over 4k each, I've gotten 6k back per premises so far.

How much is it worth? None of my rates were over 4k each, I've gotten 6k back per premises so far.

So you got €2k first time, €4k second time round? You will get another €1200 I think, the plus part was upgraded by 30%. That's what hubby got on his and his rates bill is under €2k a year.

Great thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm applying to DCC. The premises I use is rateable, and I pay the rates bill alongside the guy I share the space with, however it's in the names of the previous occupant and current occupant that I share with. Will this be a big issue for me? Obviously I have proof of my payments made to DCC.

I think there is an additional 20% in Dublin on top of the 30% too
    An email from sdcc suggested as much vaguely, a google seems to confirm that, hopefully this is correct
    http://www.donegalcoco.ie/restartgrantscheme/restartplusgrantchart/

Effects wrote: »
    I'm applying to DCC. The premises I use is rateable, and I pay the rates bill alongside the guy I share the space with, however it's in the names of the previous occupant and current occupant that I share with. Will this be a big issue for me? Obviously I have proof of my payments made to DCC.

Today is the last day to apply I think, you can always appeal it if theres an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

lomb wrote: »
    Today is the last day to apply I think, you can always appeal it if theres an issue

You made my heart jump! Last date to apply is tomorrow, I just double checked.

Advertisement