Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restart Grant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Wii776 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and applied 24th May I think.. not a peep yet

We applied - to DCC - on May 26th and received the funds today.

I has sent an email asking for an update about a week ago and was told it was approved. Then got a remittance advice email on Thursday of this week and the funds arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

spoke to some one in county council who processes the claims. the drop in income is not based on the comparable period in the previous year. in one of the questions they ask what was your turnover in 2019. they are then dividing this by 4 to give the figure for comparison. they are then comparing this to the other question where they ask what was your percentage drop and actual drop.
    to me the way they asked the question about all of 2019 turnover is a bit sneaky and the way they are dividing it by 4 is simplistic to put it mildly. to me it looks like they are doing this deliberately to catch people out. if the revenue commissioners can compare the same period year on year why cant it be done here also?
    if i were now submitting an application i would now divide my income for 2019 and then input the percentage drop and actual drop in income into the application so my calculations would match the county councils
    From the Restart Grant FAQ's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

We applied - to DCC - on May 26th and received the funds today.

I has sent an email asking for an update about a week ago and was told it was approved. Then got a remittance advice email on Thursday of this week and the funds arrived this morning.

Which phase are you in?

Which phase are you in?

How do mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wii776

How do mean?

They said they are processing applications in order of the scheduled phases of business Reopening.. ie, phase 0 , stayed open, first. Phase 1 next etc

• Advertisement

They said they are processing applications in order of the scheduled phases of business Reopening.. ie, phase 0 , stayed open, first. Phase 1 next etc

Ah, OK - have you now.

We closed, but re-opened in late May.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Ah, OK - have you now.

We closed, but re-opened in late May.

That was phase 1, same as myself. I applied early on, was turned down because the date wasnt on my bank statement, reapplied the same day I was rejected and got my money on 30th june.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Anyone know how the 25% revenue reduction is being calculated?
    Is it a 25% drop from Q1 to Q2?
    Or from start of Q1 to end of Q2 on a weeky/ monthly basis?
    Or is it 25% drop from Q2 2019 to Q2 2020?

Just in case it helps anyone, I got approved today. My Q1 2019 vs Q1 2020 was basically the same, but I went in on a basis of Q1 2020 vs Q2 2020 and they accepted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No problem in Munster got the money 2 weeks after applying for a couple of stores, had a mini audit on the back of it, got confirmation this week everything is fine with the audit. (Just proof of calculations basis and mine and another staff members wage slip).

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

it seems under the new measures announced today the grant is now a minimum of 4000 and those that have already received 2000 can get a 2000 to up. No fine print yet that I can see.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286349638862340100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

lucky john wrote: »
    it seems under the new measures announced today the grant is now a minimum of 4000 and those that have already received 2000 can get a 2000 to up. No fine print yet that I can see.

Yes, it seems you can apply for a top-up as the minimum has been increased from €2,000 to €4,000
    Same criteria apply as per original application.

Maximum award has been increased to €25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Now open for new applications, I believe if not applied before, if have then wait for them to email you. Looks like they are treating this as an emergency liquidity support as if you haven't applied before then you won't get the original amount plus new amount but only new amount.

Can anyone please explain what the following means?

"Those that accessed funding through the previous round of the scheme are eligible to apply for a second top-up payment to a total combined value of the revised maximum grant level."

We applied for and received the previous grant. Does this mean we get a second bite of the cherry or is it just for those that hit the previous cap level?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Can I apply for this has a sole trader? The first question it asks for a customer number.
    which is located on commercial rates demand. But i do not have a commercial
    premises.It wont let me put in a pps number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can anyone please explain what the following means?

"Those that accessed funding through the previous round of the scheme are eligible to apply for a second top-up payment to a total combined value of the revised maximum grant level."

We applied for and received the previous grant. Does this mean we get a second bite of the cherry or is it just for those that hit the previous cap level?
    I think it applies to those who got the minimum at the time of 2000 now eligible for the new minimum of 4000 so 2000 top up and also applies to people who got the maximum in the first round may receive a top up as I think that increased as well, that's my understanding of it, someone else more familiar with the scheme might update here, isn't it also based on your rates contribution ??

Cheers. Yes your right got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Cheers. Yes your right got sorted

Have you been able to apply for the second grant yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Can I apply for this has a sole trader? The first question it asks for a customer number.
    which is located on commercial rates demand. But i do not have a commercial
    premises.It wont let me put in a pps number.

Are you registered for Vat ? Might work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Did i not read the restart grant was put on hold for something else to go in its place.

• Advertisement

westgolf wrote: »
    Are you registered for Vat ? Might work

It wont work unless you have a business premises. Your Vat number wont work . I missed out on the first grant this is only a top up. Thanks replying anyway.

august12 wrote: »
    I think it applies to those who got the minimum at the time of 2000 now eligible for the new minimum of 4000 so 2000 top up and also applies to people who got the maximum in the first round may receive a top up as I think that increased as well, that's my understanding of it, someone else more familiar with the scheme might update here, isn't it also based on your rates contribution ??

Not true if your rates are 6 you got six under the old and get another 6. If it's a new application you get 6 but miss out on previous. As I say it's a liquidity support. They are time barring it. It is also taxable,and if the original and new are over 10 then you need a tax clearance code from Ros revenue. There's also 6 mo free rates as a credit on your rates account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

lomb wrote: »
    Not true if your rates are 6 you got six under the old and get another 6. If it's a new application you get 6 but miss out on previous. As I say it's a liquidity support. They are time barring it. It is also taxable,and if the original and new are over 10 then you need a tax clearance code from Ros revenue. There's also 6 mo free rates as a credit on your rates account.
    I knew there would be someone more knowledgeable on the subject, thanks for clarifying. I don't have a business so hadn't read the terms and conditions, good to get some financial aid to help struggling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Is it still called restart grant as page comes up as not found and earlier it said it was stopped so whats going on.

It's called now restart grant plus. Which council are you in the page shouldn't come up blank. If you've applied before then you wait for their email in next days or so rather than a fresh application

august12 wrote: »
    I knew there would be someone more knowledgeable on the subject, thanks for clarifying. I don't have a business so hadn't read the terms and conditions, good to get some financial aid to help struggling business.

It's very confusing for sure. It's the one time I guess you'd want a high rates bill. Rates really is money for nothing. No services are provided directly so it seems nice to get back 2.5 years of a ridiculous tax. And it's a great time to get a break.

It's very confusing for sure.

It certainly is! Like @august12 I assumed this latest one was just to allow those previously excluded (e.g. due to size) to be brought in, or who'd been capped at €10k, or received the mininimum of €2k to be brought up to the new higher limits.

Then I received an email which seemed to say we'd get more too, so I checked the description, which is what I quoted in my post above. Reading that, I'm none the wiser.

Is there any more explicit statement you're aware of that's been made?

It seems too good to be true that we'd get a second grant.

It certainly is! Like @august12 I assumed this latest one was just to allow those previously excluded (e.g. due to size) to be brought in, or who'd been capped at €10k, or received the mininimum of €2k to be brought up to the new higher limits.

Then I received an email which seemed to say we'd get more too, so I checked the description, which is what I quoted in my post above. Reading that, I'm none the wiser.

Its true, enjoy the money, we pay enough out!! I can post a link https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html
    down the bottom

Its true, enjoy the money, we pay enough out!! I can post a link https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Restart-Grant-Plus-FAQs.html
    down the bottom

OMG! That's brilliant - I hadn't realised.

I'd gone through the FAQ very briefly, but gave up before getting to the end.

Our creditors will be delighted: we used the bulk of the last one to pay down part of what we owed and had been chipping away slowly at the balances, but this should get them all cleared with a bit left over for a buffer for ourselves.

Most of our creditors are small companies like ourselves that supply us, so this will be a huge benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

From Clare County Restart Grant Plus page;
    The Restart Grant Plus is a NEW standalone grant that is available to all eligible businesses,
    including those who received a grant in Phase 1 of the Business Restart Grant Scheme.

If your business was successful and received funds in Phase 1 of this scheme you do not need to re-apply.
    The Council will contact you to confirm if you wish to opt-in to the Restart Grant Plus scheme.
    The Council will liaise with you, in the event that any additional information is required to complete
    your application under the Restart Grant Plus scheme.

On the same page there is also a table confirming that businesses who were successful in the first grant will get the same amount again.
    3k gets another 3k
    4k gets another 4k
    5k gets another 5k
    etc.

https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/business/supports-and-grants/grants/restart/

Advertisement