Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Can I ask what happens at the first GP visit?
    Ive read online you are to bring your own urine sample?
    Ive no issue with that I just dont know its the "done" thing?
    Thanks a mill in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pearlll

Hey mamas, hope the nausea isn't too bad today. I'm the same with veg, can't really stomach them. My back was so sore today until 2 I think I need to start going for short walks. Can't believe there are so many changes going on. Also I get so hungry and need to eat NOW!! Sleeping badly, waking in the middle of the night. Also I feel huge and heavy which I don't care about, but it's only 7.5 weeks!! What the hell

When I went to the gp I just peed for her then. I'm sure you can just wait til you go, especially on your first visit.

I'd love to be able to eat rubbish! All I can stomach is fruit and milk.

I've had an awful few days with fatigue and sickness, topped off with migraine. Hope everyone else is doing better, every day down is a day closer to it ending. :)

Ms Secretive, we found out around our third year anniversary together and now I wish I'd done the test alone so I could have surprised him with it! Good luck keeping it secret!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Can I ask what happens at the first GP visit?
    Ive read online you are to bring your own urine sample?
    Ive no issue with that I just dont know its the "done" thing?
    Thanks a mill in advance!

Hi dragonfly,

I think what ever you feel most comfortable with! If you brought a urine sample there wouldn’t be a problem! I just gave one when I got there. Just be sure not to have just gone to the loo before you go! I’ve heard that happening to friends! :)

Oh ladies sorry to hear about the sickness and the nausea! It’s a wonder how the human race continued! Pregnancy can make some people feel so rubbish! :( my sleep is actually very deep from 10 till like 5am but I find it hard to go back once I wake! Very nauseous in the morning!

Also when I’m hungry I gotta eat too! It comes on all of a sudden! Today I literally ate every 2 hours and it does help with tiredness and nausea but hard to juggle with work sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I think I'm over the worst. I actually feel OK for the fist time in 4 weeks. I'm 10 weeks and my 12 week appointment is 3 October, it feels ages away. I don't get a scan but I'm OK with that. Might get another private one.

How is everyone doing?

• Advertisement

Good to hear, TaC. I still feel gruesome for most of the day but yesterday seemed very slightly less gruesome than the usual. Hopefully it's the beginning of the end.

The reassurance of a scan is pretty priceless, imo. If you can afford a private one then go for it if you feel you need it.

Glad to hear ye are starting to feel better. Cannot wait for my scan on Monday, feels like I'm waiting forever. Hospital sent my 12 week scan letter too so that's going to be a bit earlier than I thought in first week of October. Exciting times

Symptom wise my back hurts especially in bed and I get bad headaches on my eyebrows ... bizarre ... browaches haha

Got jeans in h and m they feel like heaven, and a sports bra in dunnes which I wear in bed and it so helps with the painful boobies

Ah the boobies. :( It's like the worst PMS ever and then some.

I might be feeling less sick but I'm spending a lot of time on the verge of tears and feeling very emotional. It's like I'm someone else because it's so unlike me.

You poor thing with the hormonal headaches :( Hopefully you're nearly at the end of that and will feel better for the rest of your time. Mind yourself. :)

Hi all

Glad to hear some of ye are feeling better.

We had second scan last Friday all good! (Sorry if I already posted that) That morning I had vomited 8 times (app was at 11am!) so I discussed medication with doctor and he prescribed me some! My god the difference when you aren’t vomiting all day! Now I still get nauseous and had gotten sick a few times but nothing compared to before!

Pearlll regarding pain behind your eyebrows could it be sinuses? I find they act up with pregnancy! Nasal rinses I find amazing and totally ok use in pregnancy! I get instant relief from them so maybe try them out!

On my first pregnancy loads of people told me about the h &m jeans but I just found over the bump jeans/pants too hot!! Like so so uncomfortable!
    I then bought the maternity poco jeans! They are under the bump! Now they are pricey at €85 but I LIVED in them before and after birth of little one! You don’t feel like they are maternity pants and they really look like normal jeans! I’ll def be spending more money and getting the blue ones this time! They only had the black ones out on my last pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

We're going for the Nuchal Translucency and Harmony test in the Merrian clinic tomorrow. I'm not really sure what to expect but from what I've read it's non-invasive and takes around 40 minutes, and the results should be back in about a week. This week there has been a couple of minor cramps here and there (especially when speeding up the walk to catch a bus or keep up with fast walkers work), and a little spotting which was worrying. The doctor has said it can happen and is normal but to keep an eye on it, and it's important to take it easy. Fingers crossed we'll be ok :( We're 10.5 weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Hi all,

I'm 7 weeks gone this week. I'm getting a scan next week when I'll be 8 weeks. Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks so I'm being brought in early to check if everything is okay. I'm a bag of nerves, apart from sore boobs I have no symptoms. I'm terrified I'll be told bad news.

Hi all,

I'm 7 weeks gone this week. I'm getting a scan next week when I'll be 8 weeks. Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks so I'm being brought in early to check if everything is okay. I'm a bag of nerves, apart from sore boobs I have no symptoms. I'm terrified I'll be told bad news.

I'm in that position too, it's terrifying and lonely and it's hard to think about anything else. You'll get through it, and hopefully get some reassurance. Try relax a little, though I know how hard that is.

Fingers crossed for you. Mind yourself!

Candie wrote: »
    I'm in that position too, it's terrifying and lonely and it's hard to think about anything else. You'll get through it, and hopefully get some reassurance. Try relax a little, though I know how hard that is.

Fingers crossed for you. Mind yourself!

Thanks Candie :) I hope your scan goes well, too.

You're right, it's very lonely and it's hard not to worry. Fingers crossed for both of us. Take care.

At least we know we're not alone. :)

Has anyone come across any good parenting books or apps which would help newbie parents?

To those ladies who miscarriaged before best of luck! I’m so lucky not to ever but we do find it takes time to get pregnant and anything to do with pregnancy is lonely at the start cos you can’t talk to people about it! That’s why I think forms like this are great where no one knows who you are but you can raise concerns or worries freely!!

Regarding a good parenting book there was this book called week by week and it literally was the first 24 weeks of the child’s life and the changes and things you should be doing! I found it great as the chapters were relatively small but you learnt loads and it was broken down nicely!

Also the Lucy Wolfe sleep book people swear by! I kinda half read it and never fully implemented it but I’ve heard of people who have used it as a bible and have great sleepers of children! I on the other hand have a disaster of a little one regarding sleep so please god all going well I will be following it on baby number two! I recommend reading it all before baby comes and then using it as a reference after that cos it’s quite lengthy and when you’ve a newborn you don’t have much time for reading!!!

Also the what to expect when expecting baby book I liked too! It was done monthly rather than weekly! I found that more lengthy but nice as it talks about developmental milestones and the likes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hi ladies. Hope this is ok to post? Apologies if not.

Just popping in as I don’t use my boards account all that much anymore. But if anyone is interested I’ve set up a secret due date group on Facebook for April 2020 mammies to be. If anyone wants to join please PM me with your Facebook profile details as you won’t be able to find it without me adding you as a friend and inviting you to the group. There’s already about 30 of us mammies from around Ireland on it. I’m in a due date group for my little girl and it’s been such a lifeline the past couple years.

TMI warning...

I don't think it's looking good for me. I've had a light brown mucus discharge and some mild cramping since yesterday afternoon. My 8 weeks scan is tomorrow afternoon but I'm not holding out hope for good news. :(

TMI warning...

I don't think it's looking good for me. I've had a light brown mucus discharge and some mild cramping since yesterday afternoon. My 8 weeks scan is tomorrow afternoon but I'm not holding out hope for good news. :(

Plasticheart sorry to hear that. I hope you're ok, you just never know. Best of luck in your scan tomorrow I'll be thinking of you xx

@Plasticheart Strangely enough my wife had the same symptoms a day before the scan. At least it's tomorrow so you're not waiting too long to find out. We'll be thinking of you, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Odette22Odile

TMI warning...

So sorry to hear that - will be sending lots of positive thoughts tomorrow. It may not be any use my telling you this, but in case it helps at all, I had a very similar experience at around 6 or so weeks, lasting for a few days, and was absolutely petrified. I had a scan about 10 days later and all was well. I know everyone is very different, and every situation is, but try not to worry - I really hope tomorrow brings you positive news.

TMI warning...

Plasticheart so sorry to hear this! Try not to worry until you have confirmation of something not going well! Try and think positively and as a previous poster said luckily you will know more tomorrow! Obviously all that is easier said than done!

Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck! Keep us posted x

That must be very worrying, Plasticheart. :(

Try to stay positive and remember it's happened others and all has been okay. I'll keep everything crossed for you tomorrow but you must be so stressed, you poor thing. Hang in there, best of luck.

Thanks for all the lovely messages (and sorry to be a downer on the thread!) I'm trying to stay positive but unfortunately I had similar symptoms last time I had my miscarriage. I'll post again when I have an update. Thanks again everyone xx

Thanks for all the lovely messages (and sorry to be a downer on the thread!) I'm trying to stay positive but unfortunately I had similar symptoms last time I had my miscarriage. I'll post again when I have an update. Thanks again everyone xx

Thinking of you, plasticheart. All the luck in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about
    This thread is to support each other.
    Im so sorry to read what you are going through and I hope it works out
    Take care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Best of luck today plasticheart and as others have said you have nothing to be sorry about. The thread is here for all of us, good and bad. x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Best of luck plasticheart.Had those symptoms on all three and they went on to be healthy babies.I remember the fear so well.Brown is better than red.Hope your news is good today.

Hi all,

Had my scan this afternoon. Unfortunately I'm measuring about 2 weeks behind where I should be and there's no heartbeat. I'm due back in 10 days for a second scan to confirm it but a miscarriage seems probable. My husband and I are both devastated, it's our second pregnancy and second miscarriage.

Thanks again for all the kind messages, it really means a lot. I hope everyone else's pregnancies go well. xx

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry to hear that Plasticheart. Please keep the head up, it might just mean 2/3 month delay on your April due date. There's still plenty of hope that you will have a Summer 2020 baby if this is not to be.

Advertisement