Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RADIO ADVERTISING

• 08-11-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I will be going live with my new website very soon and I would be very interested in placing an ad on the radio. Just to get some buzz going.

Would anyone know how much it would cost to have an ad on for example FM104 on the Adrian Kennady phone show for about 1 week? (I'm just using FM104 as an example).

How much would it cost to have a 15/20 second ad made?

And if for example the ad was made by FM104, would I be able to take that ad and place it on 98fm or Spin fm.

This is all new to me.

I will be running a PPC/Facebook/Twitter campaign but I would be very interested in having radio advertisement as an option.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Night time slot (from 7pm to 1am) is €103 per 30seconds.

I doubt if one of their jocks did the VO they'd be keen to see it broadcast elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Have you any idea how much it would cost to make the ad?

Also, can that 30 second slot be halved? say 2 15 second ads played at 2 hour intervils.

Would there be any room for negotiatons with the price?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

They sell 20secs and 30secs spaces. I know a great VO guy, which means you would then own the ad and broadcast on any station. Around 200 for production and VO sounds about right. PM me for his details.

Generally you should have the site live, tested and optimized before spending money on expensive traffic via radio. Otherwise you might waste all the investment in the radio ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

The site will be primarily aimed at women so I'll need a woman with a sexy voice to do the VO;), sorry.

I wont be advertising on the radio until everything is A1 with the site as I want to have the PPC, SEO and social networking done first and to sort out any teething problems.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement