Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2020, 20:04   #1801
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylemj View Post
Don't understand the mechanism you're describing. How can I use an EBS card to topup a Revolut account - do I do it from the EBS website or within the Revolut app?
You add the card from the Revolut app.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 20:06   #1802
Aquos76

Just add you debit card to your Revolut app and use that card then to top up your Revolut account
(4) thanks from:
01-10-2020, 20:11   #1803
stockshares

Quote:
Don't understand the mechanism you're describing. How can I use an EBS card to topup a Revolut account - do I do it from the EBS website or within the Revolut app?
Open the app.

It should open on the first Tab. If so the R Tab will be highlighted on the bottom of the screen.

At the top of that screen there is a button saying Add Money.

Click this and enter your EBS card details
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 20:40   #1804
stockshares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta2113 View Post
https://www.independent.ie/business/...-39579517.html

The move will mean its customers here who have direct debits and other recurring payments coming from their Revolut accounts will have to contact any companies paid regularly from their accounts to update them about this.

This is because the Revolut IBAN (International Bank Account Number) will change from one that starts with GB to one that starts with LT.
It said it has “applied to be authorised by the Central Bank as an e-money institution as part of our post-Brexit strategy of operating around three European hubs”.

It said the licensing process in Ireland is ongoing.

While this process is ongoing, to ensure that Brexit does not impact its Irish customers, it plans to temporarily migrate their accounts to Revolut’s e-money licensed business in the EU, based in Lithuania.

For most Revolut customers who top-up their account through the app by using their main bank’s debit card, there won’t be any change, Mr Cassidy said.

The migration of the accounts won’t start until December.

Revolut said it will notify customers in advance that their IBAN will change, and give them their new IBAN details on the day they are migrated.

Last edited by stockshares; 01-10-2020 at 20:44.
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 20:43   #1805
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbillvol2 View Post
I gave Electric ireland my IBAN over the phone last month and did Virgin Media online.
It's not possible to set up a direct debit without a paper mandate. There was an agreement in the Irish market that allows it to be done online or over the phone, but this doesn't apply to non-Irish institutions.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 21:53   #1806
coylemj

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockshares View Post
Open the app.

It should open on the first Tab. If so the R Tab will be highlighted on the bottom of the screen.

At the top of that screen there is a button saying Add Money.

Click this and enter your EBS card details
Cheers, and thanks also to Aquos76 and Killbillvol2 above.

Adding a debit card where you already have another card registered is a little complicated ....

When I click on 'Add money' it shows me details I have already entered, for my credit card. To add a debit card, you need to tap on 'change' on the right-hand side of the screen, then scroll down on the next screen to 'Debit or credit card'. On the next screen, you need to click on the blue 'Add money' button. At which point you can enter details of a new card.

Edit: but you can only have one card registered at a time for 'Add money'. Adding my EBS debit card has wiped out the other card I had registered

Aquos76, is that a premium account you have? I can't see any way to add multiple cards to use with 'Add money'

Last edited by coylemj; 01-10-2020 at 22:07.
01-10-2020, 22:10   #1807
Sheep Shagger

Re the switching of IBANs....presumably if you are paying a regular bill by visa debit card (not a direct debit) then no change will be required.....that's how I pay my gomo bill as an example.
01-10-2020, 22:27   #1808
Spocker
Buying the internet, one box at a time

Quote:
Cheers, and thanks also to Aquos76 and Killbillvol2 above.

Adding a debit card where you already have another card registered is a little complicated ....

When I click on 'Add money' it shows me details I have already entered, for my credit card. To add a debit card, you need to tap on 'change' on the right-hand side of the screen, then scroll down on the next screen to 'Debit or credit card'. On the next screen, you need to click on the blue 'Add money' button. At which point you can enter details of a new card.

Edit: but you can only have one card registered at a time for 'Add money'. Adding my EBS debit card has wiped out the other card I had registered

Aquos76, is that a premium account you have? I can't see any way to add multiple cards to use with 'Add money'
You can still add more than one card:

Tap “add”, then “change” next to your first card. Scroll down now, tap “Debit or credit card” (do not change the details of the card that appears under “linked cards”!). You’re going to be presented with the form for new card details on the next screen after confirming the amount for the top-up. After a successful top-up, the new card will appear under “linked cards” next to the first one.
01-10-2020, 22:35   #1809
SouthWesterly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Re the switching of IBANs....presumably if you are paying a regular bill by visa debit card (not a direct debit) then no change will be required.....that's how I pay my gomo bill as an example.
The issue will be if people are getting paid into the account. Their employer needs the new Iban and bic
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 23:03   #1810
Delta2113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
-99.9% no need to worry - you are actually using your visa card number for the payments which is not changing.
01-10-2020, 23:36   #1811
coylemj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocker View Post
You can still add more than one card:

Tap “add”, then “change” next to your first card. Scroll down now, tap “Debit or credit card” (do not change the details of the card that appears under “linked cards”!). You’re going to be presented with the form for new card details on the next screen after confirming the amount for the top-up. After a successful top-up, the new card will appear under “linked cards” next to the first one.
Cheers, sorted. The issue is that once you’ve added a new card, it still only shows one card when you click on ‘Add money’ - the last one you used. When you then click on ‘change’, it shows you all of the cards you’ve registered.

If you have only one card registered, clicking on ‘change’ takes you to the screen to register a new card. Which I mistakenly assumed was going to replace my original card.

Last edited by coylemj; 01-10-2020 at 23:43.
01-10-2020, 23:40   #1812
Geuze

Sorry for not reading everything, but can I just check something.

I was surprised last year to see that having a Revolut account/card, means I have a UK current a/c, with sort code and account number.

This was handy, as I was due to be paid by a UK firm, and so I could give them the sort-code and account number (not IBAN), and it was like making a local payment for them, even though I am in Ireland.

Will this be gone after Dec/Jan?
02-10-2020, 00:31   #1813
-=al=-

I presume they will have an Irish IBAN when they move from the temporary Lithuanian one, So yea, I guess it might be tricky depending on the companies Brexit policies to paying accounts outside the UK

Not sure how they will implement it or how seemlees the changeover may be, but sounds like Revolut will have an Irish IBAN soon, which means changing the deets. There will be other services and workarounds anyway I’m sure
02-10-2020, 10:19   #1814
jeffk

Anyone else think Revolut is over sensitive

Ive to go ring sky because they tried to take the bill out of revolut and it was blocked as being suspicious.

Even if when you said its not and the payment went through or gave you the option to do it
02-10-2020, 10:24   #1815
cromelex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Anyone else think Revolut is over sensitive

Ive to go ring sky because they tried to take the bill out of revolut and it was blocked as being suspicious.

Even if when you said its not and the payment went through or gave you the option to do it
I've had Deliveroo Premium being flagged as suspicious 2 or 3 times already, despite using it quite often... So yes.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion