Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

May 2021

Options
  • 23-09-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

Beeen waiting a while for a may thread but no sign of one so I'll get the ball rolling.

Will be 8 weeks in Thursday, due may 5th, first baby.

The last 3 weeks have been dreadful for nausea but it seems to have eased off the last few days.

Had an early scan last at 7+1 and could see the heart beat fluttering away ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rosie087

I'm glad you started one, I've been lurking around!

I was 8 weeks yesterday, due on May 4th and it's also my first baby! Had an early pregnancy scan yesterday and all went well.

Feeling pretty brutal myself, I'm nauseous most of the time and absolutely exhausted. I had been taking Pregnacare supplements in the morning and then read that they can make you feel worse so now take them before bed - things have definitely improved but hoping this all clears up after 12 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭okeydokeys22

rosie087 wrote: »
    I'm glad you started one, I've been lurking around!

I was 8 weeks yesterday, due on May 4th and it's also my first baby! Had an early pregnancy scan yesterday and all went well.

Feeling pretty brutal myself, I'm nauseous most of the time and absolutely exhausted. I had been taking Pregnacare supplements in the morning and then read that they can make you feel worse so now take them before bed - things have definitely improved but hoping this all clears up after 12 weeks!

I stopped taking the pregnacare a few days ago as I swore they were making my nausea worse. I feel so much better have stopped taking them. I'm just taking regular folic acid now and eating well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hi! I'm 8 weeks today (dlp 30th July), I think that makes me due on the 12th? I'm getting an early Scan in 2 weeks so hopefully they'll be able to help me see if my dates are correct (I feel I'm off?)

I've had no real nausea, I'm worried that it's a bad sign, but my breasts are so sore, killing me for the past 3 weeks at least.

I'm still taking my fertility vitamins, the manufacturer said you should use them up, I think they seem to have everything you need for the first trimester? Definitely enough Folic Acid anyway, I double checked that.

Is anyone else going for a private scan so you can have a partner with you? I booked mine today, I had thought they might ease up restrictions but it's looking less likely where I am (Dublin).

Thanks for starting the thread, I was also chicken!

GingerLily wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 8 weeks today (dlp 30th July), I think that makes me due on the 12th? I'm getting an early Scan in 2 weeks so hopefully they'll be able to help me see if my dates are correct (I feel I'm off?)

I've had no real nausea, I'm worried that it's a bad sign, but my breasts are so sore, killing me for the past 3 weeks at least.

I'm still taking my fertility vitamins, the manufacturer said you should use them up, I think they seem to have everything you need for the first trimester? Definitely enough Folic Acid anyway, I double checked that.

Is anyone else going for a private scan so you can have a partner with you? I booked mine today, I had thought they might ease up restrictions but it's looking less likely where I am (Dublin).

Thanks for starting the thread, I was also chicken!

Yes I went for a private early scan last weekend with my husband, he was allowed in and it was fantastic for him to see the heartbeat. There's lots of private clinics that offer them in Dublin, approx €100. Just check that your partner is allowed in as they each have different restrictions.

I'm public in the rotunda so as it stands he won't be allowed into the 12 week scan but will be allowed into the 20 week scan. That's subject to the situation not changing so fingers crossed.

Has anyone told anybody their news yet? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to hide with parents/siblings and feel maybe I should just tell before family start guessing.

There's only so many times a gal can turn down a glass of vino without rasing suspicion!

Has anyone told anybody their news yet? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to hide with parents/siblings and feel maybe I should just tell before family start guessing.

There's only so many times a gal can turn down a glass of vino without rasing suspicion!

I'm brutal, I couldn't keep it in at all! Both our families know, and I've blabbed to a couple of friends... everytime I see someone I have to give myself a pep talk to stay quiet!

I also got a private scan this week in Ultrasound Ireland and they were allowing partners in once they lived in the same household and hadn't been abroad etc.

• Advertisement

I'm brutal, I couldn't keep it in at all! Both our families know, and I've blabbed to a couple of friends... everytime I see someone I have to give myself a pep talk to stay quiet!

I also got a private scan this week in Ultrasound Ireland and they were allowing partners in once they lived in the same household and hadn't been abroad etc.

Yeah it is really difficult to stay quiet. Especially after you have an early scan, its almost like you think your at 12 weeks because you've seen the heartbeat and they say everything is fine but just have to remind myself it's still so early.

I think I'll tell parents siblings this weekend though. The way I look at it is that God forbid, anything bad happens they'll be told then anyway as I'll need support.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Hi ladies... I'm technically due at start of June but this is 3rd baba, had 2 section previously so this will be a May baba I'm sure.... hope ye dont mind me gate crashing!

I think I'll tell parents siblings this weekend though. The way I look at it is that God forbid, anything bad happens they'll be told then anyway as I'll need support.

Enjoy the big reveal! But yeah I think it's fine to tell the people who would be your support network.

@xeroshero you're very welcome! Congrats on pregnancy no. 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aurian_loh

Hi all, I'm a bit of a long time lurker on boards but figured I finally had a good reason to actually sign up and get active.

I'm 7 weeks today with our first so everything is very new. Thankfully no crazy symptoms yet. Just a little achy and tired. But then again I always feel tired so no big change.

We told our immediate family this weekend because we needed to tell someone but that will be it for a while. Helps when we are both working from home these days and dont see anyone.

Looking forward to hanging out with everyone for the next few months.

Aurian_loh wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a bit of a long time lurker on boards but figured I finally had a good reason to actually sign up and get active.

I'm 7 weeks today with our first so everything is very new. Thankfully no crazy symptoms yet. Just a little achy and tired. But then again I always feel tired so no big change.

We told our immediate family this weekend because we needed to tell someone but that will be it for a while. Helps when we are both working from home these days and dont see anyone.

Looking forward to hanging out with everyone for the next few months.

Welcome and congratulations!

Crazy how fast this first trimester Is going already. Won't be long until our 12 week scans😀

• Advertisement

Hows everyone's morning sickness? Mine came on for the first time after ordering a cheeky pizza, I think pepperoni is now going to be band from the house for the next 8 months, I get waves of it still, crackers and carby meals help a lot.

Don't think I'm as bad as most, fingers crossed it doesn't get too bad!

Is anyone else getting sensitive gums or changes in their mouth? I've some issues anyway (partial erupting wisdom tooth, had it 10 years at this stage), but it's very irritated lately. I've a dentist visit anyway next week (booked since before I was pregnant) so I'm not too worried, but wondering if others have noticed any gum/mouth changes yet?

Is anyone else getting sensitive gums or changes in their mouth? I've some issues anyway (partial erupting wisdom tooth, had it 10 years at this stage), but it's very irritated lately. I've a dentist visit anyway next week (booked since before I was pregnant) so I'm not too worried, but wondering if others have noticed any gum/mouth changes yet?

Haven't noticed any changes in my gums but my sickness isn't great. I'm grand in the mornings but from about 3pm onwards I'm in bits. Not actually vomiting, the nausea is just brutal.

Counting down the days till 12 weeks and hoping it improves then

Haven't noticed any changes in my gums but my sickness isn't great. I'm grand in the mornings but from about 3pm onwards I'm in bits. Not actually vomiting, the nausea is just brutal.

What foods do you find help with your nausea?

I'm having a few crackers now, beige food is generally what I feel safe eating, but trying to eat fish though for the omega oils, harder this last week :(

Hows everyone's morning sickness? Mine came on for the first time after ordering a cheeky pizza, I think pepperoni is now going to be band from the house for the next 8 months, I get waves of it still, crackers and carby meals help a lot.

Don't think I'm as bad as most, fingers crossed it doesn't get too bad!

Thankfully I don't seem to have any nausea. Was a little the week after my missed period but once I did the test and confirmed I was positive it seems to have eased off. Almost like my body was just waiting for me to notice I was pregnant. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I'm the same, not vomiting but the nausea is relentless. It's like having the hangover from hell without the alcohol. Just an all day extreme quesyness.

I'm also finding it hard work brushing my teeth, the toothbrush keeps making me gag! It would be funny if it wasn't so awful. And as for mouthwash, no chance!

I'm the same, not vomiting but the nausea is relentless. It's like having the hangover from hell without the alcohol. Just an all day extreme quesyness.

I'm also finding it hard work brushing my teeth, the toothbrush keeps making me gag! It would be funny if it wasn't so awful. And as for mouthwash, no chance!

I obviously jinxed myself yesterday, the vomiting hit me. The hangover from hell is definitely what it feels like.

I'm a bit concerned about work, I'm working from home which is great but I was so bad yesterday I ended up calling in sick, which obviously isn't going to be sustainable.

@Aurian_loh glad you're not suffering and hopefully it stays that way for you, that would be great!

I obviously jinxed myself yesterday, the vomiting hit me. The hangover from hell is definitely what it feels like.

I'm a bit concerned about work, I'm working from home which is great but I was so bad yesterday I ended up calling in sick, which obviously isn't going to be sustainable.

@Aurian_loh glad you're not suffering and hopefully it stays that way for you, that would be great!

I completely emphasis with you, early pregnancy feels just like a hangover, a long hangover. Can't wait for the second trimester, I get pockets of good energy but the minute I'm too productive my nausea sets in again :(

Working from home is a god send for me, I wouldn't be able to get through it otherwise, I'm under so much pressure at work and it's all due end of this month, not ideal but at least after this is done I can tell them I'm pregnant and can't take on the workload I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Hi all!

Thanks for setting up the thread (I was hanging around keeping an eye out for one ). I’m 9 weeks tomorrow on my first pregnancy. Got discharged by my fertility clinic so anxiously waiting for my booking visit. Feeling sick most days and the tiredness a killer! But happy and excited also. Hope everyone feeling ok :)

MissElle wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thanks for setting up the thread (I was hanging around keeping an eye out for one ). I’m 9 weeks tomorrow on my first pregnancy. Got discharged by my fertility clinic so anxiously waiting for my booking visit. Feeling sick most days and the tiredness a killer! But happy and excited also. Hope everyone feeling ok :)

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. We were trying to conceive for 13 months and had just undergone the initial fertility tests when I found out I was pregnant.

I admit to being very naive thinking it would just happen for us. I count my blessings every day that it happened in the end, I have the utmost respect and admiration for couples that have serious difficulty conceiving.

• Advertisement

Today the tiredness has really hit with a bang. We had some shopping to do in town and halfway through I just wanted to go home and did not care about anything. Came home and went straight to bed for a nap where I have been since.

Then I got all weepy because I had told my husband I would cook dinner but I just dont have the energy. He however typically was not worried at all and told me that's what weekends are for, being lazy.

Think I'm also getting a cold so that isn't helping with the overall feeling of eugh!!!!

Aurian_loh wrote: »
    Today the tiredness has really hit with a bang. We had some shopping to do in town and halfway through I just wanted to go home and did not care about anything. Came home and went straight to bed for a nap where I have been since.

Then I got all weepy because I had told my husband I would cook dinner but I just dont have the energy. He however typically was not worried at all and told me that's what weekends are for, being lazy.

Think I'm also getting a cold so that isn't helping with the overall feeling of eugh!!!!

Having day like that myself today. Did the food shop early this morning, and by the time I got back home, I brought the shopping in, sat at the kitchen table and had a little cry from pure exhaustion and just general lack of energy. Starting to feel like ill never feel like myself anymore.

It's like I need a rest after every little simple household chore I do.

9+4 today so roll on this 12 week energy resurgence

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FA101

Hey everyone 👋

I am 9w1d today, billionth pregnancy but no living children yet. Had a scan last week at 8w3d and all looked good. I am suffering with this persistent preggo hangover business, its awful however I never had sickness with previous pregnancies so I'm hoping this is a good sign!

I'm booked for NIPT test on Thursday, Panorama. Hopefully not too early, and that the turnaround time for results is quick enough!

How is everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

Hi

8 weeks here, had early scan just after 6 weeks and everything looked good. Like you FA101, I'm feeling the preggo hangover with nausea and much tiredness.

Have tried registering for the Domino's Scheme by email but i just keeps bouncing back, has anybody else managed to register?

FA101 wrote: »
    Hey everyone ��

I am 9w1d today, billionth pregnancy but no living children yet. Had a scan last week at 8w3d and all looked good. I am suffering with this persistent preggo hangover business, its awful however I never had sickness with previous pregnancies so I'm hoping this is a good sign!

I'm booked for NIPT test on Thursday, Panorama. Hopefully not too early, and that the turnaround time for results is quick enough!

How is everyone else?

I'm sorry for your loss with the other babies and have everything crossed for you that this one will be the one! Hopefully the sickness is a good sign that everything's working as expected!
    gigglybits wrote: »
    Hi

8 weeks here, had early scan just after 6 weeks and everything looked good. Like you FA101, I'm feeling the preggo hangover with nausea and much tiredness.

Have tried registering for the Domino's Scheme by email but i just keeps bouncing back, has anybody else managed to register?

You've just reminded me that I need to get the skates on and try and register for this, will let you know if I have the same issues.

I'm 10 weeks today and the nausea has subsided a bit but I'm still exhausted, hope you're all keeping well!

gigglybits wrote: »
    Hi

What's the Domino's Scheme?

Edit: I just checked, I didn't even consider that tbh! My health insurance give me half back from consultation fees and covers the birth so I just went semi private, having my first official scan in 2 weeks. My family seem to have okay pregnancies but quite nightmarish birth stories so I always assumed I'd be safest in the hospital, my sister and mum have the same frame as me!

What's the Domino's Scheme?

It's an option if you're going public, it's a combined midwifery and GP led maternity service so your appointments are done through them rather than consultants. You would have some of your appointments in local clinics rather than the main hospital.

I think it's only available in certain areas/hospitals and you have to be considered a low risk pregnancy but it might be worth looking into - http://www.nmh.ie/pregnancy/community-midwifery-service.13604.html

*Edit: Just realised that link above is only for Dublin but google Domino and your area/hospital and you should find out more if it's available.

First scan is on Friday, it's an early scan, doing it privately so my husband can be there, I've not seen anyone yet officially about my pregnancy so it'll feel official then!
    NIPT testing next week and my 12 week scan the week after, really worried I've got my dates wrong because I'm a late ovulator so I might be a week behind what my calculator is telling me, hopefully it won't matter too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

I didn't manage to get in on Dominos scheme on last child, they have a limited number of places and book up rapidly. I just really like the thoughts of a comfortable room, with my music, lights down low and a midwife that I have met before (in Holles Street). I think they encourage a drug free birth but you still have the option (totally not how first birth went!) However, I probably don't qualify as I am now considered geriatric!

Hope everyone is feeling well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Hi guys, hope it's ok to swing by and say hello.
    I found out a week ago that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Had my first scan to confirm and all is well. I have a constant mild headache/heavy headed feeling and severely chapped lips which is apparently common enough.
    They say its dehydration but I'm drowning myself with water and juices!
    My bf flipped when he found out and actually moved out:(
    Heartbreaking but I can't let it upset me at this crucial stage. I need to be strong and know in my heart things happen for a reason and I...or should I say we..me and little one..will be ok.
    Hope everyone is feeling ok this evening. I miss vino!!!

Advertisement