Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook Small business grant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Griffinx wrote: »
    Anyone know why Facebook's Covid grant is restricted to just three counties?

https://atlantic.apply-aims-grants.com/AUUID/7E908AF26
    It's in the Terms & Conditions.

https://atlantic.apply-aims-grants.com/aims/portal/documents/Terms_and_Conditions-IE-eng.pdf

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from the Coronavirus forum

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

is_that_so wrote: »

where? Doesn't say why they just picked Dublin, Cork and Meath for their benevolence

Great find, thanks.

It says they are limiting to locations where they operate. I know they are in Dublin. I presume they have a presence in Meath and Cork too. Just a way of limiting their exposure I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

where? Doesn't say why they just picked Dublin
    It's their grant so they get to set the T&Cs. You could email them and ask.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    where? Doesn't say why they just picked Dublin, It's their grant so they get to set the T&C. You could email them and ask.

I did, they gave me the same answer as yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

From Deloitte who are looking after it. Bit of a pain in the ar'^ tbh. :

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Facebook Small Business Grants Programme.

If you do not see you city or location listed, this means your city or location are not eligible. To view which regions are eligible, please check the eligible cities and locations here.

We understand that this is a really difficult time for small businesses, and while we would love to give grants in every city and every country, unfortunately that's not possible. Further information on our criteria can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants

While your location is not eligible to apply for the Facebook Small Business Grants Programme, we have curated an online resource url]https://www.facebook.com/business/resource[/url with useful content to support communities and help businesses like yours navigate these challenging times.

Kind regards,

Facebook Small Business Grants Programme

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Is it mandatory to provide financial information to Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭onedmc

That whole thing looks bogus to me, why would anyone think that is anything to do with facebook.

Fishing for your infromation, why would anyone repost this when it looks so fake

onedmc wrote: »
    That whole thing looks bogus to me, why would anyone think that is anything to do with facebook.

Fishing for your infromation, why would anyone repost this when it looks so fake

What about the link... to Facebook looks Fake?

• Advertisement

onedmc wrote: »

I thought it was spam also but some reputable sites are reporting it

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/companies/facebook-grant-sme-support-ireland

Looks like they have expanded it to the whole country

https://atlantic.apply-aims-grants.com/AUUID/7E908AF26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Tempted but also the old saying, no such thing as a free lunch, you have to send them your last financial return, which they can use in any way they want?

Snotty wrote: »
    Tempted but also the old saying, no such thing as a free lunch, you have to send them your last financial return, which they can use in any way they want?

Aren't all financial returns online anyway - what could they do with it?

Hard to see Deloitte risking their reputation and letting your financial returns fall into dodgy hands. But I do agree its unusual for FB just to give away cash without some payback.

Aren't all financial returns online anyway - what could they do with it?

I don't think sole trader accounts are accessible to the public and I agree what can the do with it and secondly for most of us, our accounts aren't anything to get excited about by anyone.
    Hard to see Deloitte risking their reputation and letting your financial returns fall into dodgy hands. But I do agree its unusual for FB just to give away cash without some payback.

When I got the email first, I was sure it would be FB advert credit for 99% of people and maybe the odd bit of cash, which would certainly be in the style of FB. Anyway I'm applying today but still watching for the gotcha with this....

.... Anyway I'm applying today but still watching for the gotcha with this....

Ditto

Upon seeing that Facebook wanted a copy our companies management accounts in order to apply for the grant, I got slightly worried that they would use them to somehow help decide their ad cost in future. I spoke to Deloitte who were less than helpful and were pretty vague in their responses. When you look at the T&C's you'll see the bit below where they speak about how they may use the data collected during the grant process to help them profit. I'm no longer applying!

5. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA?
    5.1 We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
    (a) as necessary to fulfil our Grant Terms;
    (b) as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
    US-DOCS\116192117.2
    US-DOCS\117823068.2
    (c) to protect your vital interests, or those of others
    (d) as necessary in the public interest and
    (e) as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing
    an innovative, personalised, safe and profitable service to our users and partners,
    unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and
    freedoms that require protection of personal data.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Anyone else get the 'Next steps to complete by 9th November' email?

Provide bank details, ID for AML and FB/Instagram details

SDKev wrote: »
    Anyone else get the 'Next steps to complete by 9th November' email?

Provide bank details, ID for AML and FB/Instagram details

Yup...a lot more detailed than the Restart grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

exactly - restart grant application looked for a lot less information than this application. they are looking for money laundering info? seems a bit over the top to me. maybe deloitte are trying to justify their fees!

also, in terms of all the data gathering, could be something along the lines of the cambridge analytics.........

Yup...a lot more detailed than the Restart grant

Anyone received any cash from FB yet? They quoted 6 weeks from time of application which has overrun in my case by no response from them

no. part of me is thing it was just some kind of data gathering exercise at this stage given the amount of information they requested

Anyone received any cash from FB yet? They quoted 6 weeks from time of application which has overrun in my case by no response from them

duffysfarm wrote: »
    no. part of me is thing it was just some kind of data gathering exercise at this stage given the amount of information they requested

I questioned them on their T&C's and their reply was very disheartening. Not a chance would I trust them after the responses that I was given.

In the end we didn't proceed with the application, money is money and always gratefully received but it just didn't sit right with either of us and although I'm sure it will benefit many, I'm not interested in giving them anymore data than they already have.

I got a reply from Deloitte... Due to the high volume of applications the process is still ongoing....blah blah

email in just now to say i have been successful and i have to sign and submit some more forms. will look at these closely later

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Also got the approval email. Delighted!

f**k, the terms and conditions in the letter of offer...... they look worse than my wedding vows!!

SDKev wrote: »
    Also got the approval email. Delighted!

• Advertisement

Could you post a screenshot of them? Any mention of the value of the grant?

Advertisement