Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professor S. section 47 report in family courts

• 09-09-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone had Jim Sheehan for a section 47 report in the family courts? There was a high court ruling on him where a woman had to go all the way to the high court to get him off her case and away from her kids. The husband wanted Sheehan. If you search the judgements in courts.ie for Professor S. you'll find the link.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had a section 47 report from him. Obviously wouldn't discuss your case but if you would like to talk about your experience of him, I'd love to hear from you.

D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Where is the link to the case? What were the reasons the woman wanted that particular assessor removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DeedsD

Sorry, I'm not able to give the link because I'm a new poster. To get it, you'll have to search for judgements in courts.ie for Professor S. and you'll find the link.

The parent who wanted Sheehan off the case (the mother) said it was unethical for the person who assessed the child to be the therapist. The judge agreed.

The judge also gave out to the father for bringing the case all the way to the high court when he could have got any therapist.

The important question is why did the father want Jim Sheehan to be on the case so badly? Jim Sheehan is someone from whom the courts order a lot of section 47 reports. I'd like to talk about him with anyone who has experience of him giving section 47 reports.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement