Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lockdown Fun: How Catholic/Protestant are you quiz.

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I don't know how you guys are getting high prod but I'm not surprised with the dribble anti Irish posts people on boards.ie post.

On topic I got 95 percent Catholic.

I don't know where the 5 percent went as I would have preferred 100% and yes I answered all questions truthfully.

A lot of us wear a gilet to watch people we know play hockey, and then we garden while wondering why people keep a toaster in the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

65/35 C/P and had to ask my wife what a gilet was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I don't know how you guys are getting high prod but I'm not surprised with the dribble anti Irish posts people on boards.ie post.

On topic I got 95 percent Catholic.

I don't know where the 5 percent went as I would have preferred 100% and yes I answered all questions truthfully.
    Not surprising that people like gardening, given their anti-Irish dribbling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm neither, probably a culturist..

Coming from a background of Heathens/Pagans in the arse hole of Kerry on one side and old money Church of Ireland Wexford on the other ye can draw your own conclusions.

Buy I can be seen now and again walking through the Burren in the winter in a Wax Jacket, walking boots etc and can pull off the Anglican look quite easily,then again I can also dress down for a pagan festival or harvest festival...

So I'm hovering in the middle,a bit like my sexuality...a bisexual,flamboyant masculine guy who's man enough to fall in anywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

nthclare wrote: »
    I'm neither, probably a culturist..

Coming from a background of Heathens/Pagans in the arse hole of Kerry on one side and old money Church of Ireland Wexford on the other ye can draw your own conclusions.

Buy I can be seen now and again walking through the Burren in the winter in a Wax Jacket, walking boots etc and can pull off the Anglican look quite easily,then again I can also dress down for a pagan festival or harvest festival...

So I'm hovering in the middle,a bit like my sexuality...a bisexual,flamboyant masculine guy who's man enough to fall in anywhere :)
    What did you get in the quiz though?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

63/35 C/P

I don't hate ABBA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

What did you get in the quiz though?

Cath 65 Proddy 35 :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Peregrinus wrote: »
    80% Catholic. I lost marks for the gilets and not watching GAA.

I got 60% protestant for the same reasons, answered no to everything else apart from liking gardening. Gilets are also worn cycling.

smacl wrote: »
    I got 60% protestant for the same reasons, answered no to everything else apart from liking gardening. Gilets are also worn cycling.

Methodist so.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Protestants keep the toaster in the press, when not actually using it.

You'd know that, if you'd ever been inside a Protestant's house. :)

But you would get crumbs down the back of your press?? Much easier to clean crumbs off a kitchen worktop

No wonder they are all damned :pac:

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Methodist so.

:D:D:D

Just as well it didn't ask whether I like cheese and pineapple on a stick

80/20 C/P.

I keep me toaster in the press.

WHY?????????

:confused::confused::confused:

55% Protestant. Pretty low considering what my family was like a couple of generations ago.

Teetering on Taig.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm 90 percent Catholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just missing out there - score 95% and win a free guilt trip.

You're just not catholic enough I'm afraid.

You can feel guilty about that, instead :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

branie2 wrote: »
    I'm 90 percent Catholic!

Quick! Reach out to your local hockey club. It's not too late.
    And so something with your toaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

35/65 cp. All spot on, but i dont hate anybody and when friends come to my house, i always put the toaster in the cupboard because i dont want clutter on my counter, my husband thinks it nuts. I bake great cakes, good at flower arranging, was taught all this growing up, love gardening, went to sunday school, wear a sleeveless jacket nearly every day. At the back of it all though I am a product of tone, emmet, fitzgerald and we are no meek people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Same as the OP, 50:50. Considering one side comes from French Huguenots and the other very Irish, that would be about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Traybakes are the key lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

95% Irish first time took it a second time and changed one answer to that I didn't like gardening and got 100%. Who knew liking gardening made you a prod.

My sent it to my mother to do for the laugh and she got 90% Irish she really likes gardening and was also in Newcastle. so that's where the 10% went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

mikemac2 wrote: »
    But you would get crumbs down the back of your press?? Much easier to clean crumbs off a kitchen worktop

No wonder they are all damned :pac:
    Obviously, if you're a real Protestant, you clean out the crumb tray before you put the toaster back in the press. Every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Traybakes are the key lol.

I was among the thousands who went up to Joey Dunlop's funeral. Afterwards it was wall to wall tea and traybakes, the Women's Institute were fully mobilized and called up the reserves :cool: we weren't catholics or protestants or presbyterians or atheists that day, just people mourning the loss of a good man.

95% Irish first time took it a second time and changed one answer to that I didn't like gardening and got 100%. Who knew liking gardening made you a prod.

My sent it to my mother to do for the laugh and she got 90% Irish she really likes gardening and was also in Newcastle. so that's where the 10% went.

Irish? WTF? Seriously?

You'd understand the gardening if you'd seen my grandparents' street, the prods' front gardens were immaculate :) it's posh D4 now, but in the hungry thirties they were artisans' cottages with outside toilets!

Anyway, don't have enough free space in the press/cupboard for a toaster. We have to have two on the counter, because Mrs HD is allergic to gluten (NOT one of those fashionable faddy diet people, but as it helps improve availability, taste, and cost of GF foods we'll roll with it)

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if i wasn't a cyclist i wouldn't have a clue what a gilet was, but if horseriding gilets are protestant, does that automatically mean cycling ones are? or would that be classic religious stereotyping?

if i wasn't a cyclist i wouldn't have a clue what a gilet was, but if horseriding gilets are protestant, does that automatically mean cycling ones are? or would that be classic religious stereotyping?

Depends on your religion, Campagnolo or Shimano?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

65% catholic, 35% protestant, not sure where the 100% atheist bit went!

robindch wrote: »
    65% catholic, 35% protestant, not sure where the 100% atheist bit went!

It got on the coach/ferry out of Derry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

60% Protestant, which doesn't surprise me as I have long despised anything and everything to do with the RCC. Not sure as to why identifying as Irish would be more likely to identifying as Catholic although I suppose it has to be taken in the context of Derry Girls. In the next series someone should tell them that many of our most revered patriots were Protestants, bet that cause a flutter in Sr. Michael's knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

Marhay70 wrote: »
    60% Protestant, which doesn't surprise me as I have long despised anything and everything to do with the RCC. Not sure as to why identifying as Irish would be more likely to identifying as Catholic although I suppose it has to be taken in the context of Derry Girls. In the next series someone should tell them that many of our most revered patriots were Protestants, bet that cause a flutter in Sr. Michael's knickers.

Sean o Casey was a poor working class prod, born into a family of 12 that were dirt poor. My mother used to tell me growing up that the poorest of the poor prods lived in the liberties. Arthur Griffith, Yeats, The fitzgerald brothers, Tone, Emmet, Parnell all contributed to this country MOD SNIP

Nope. Not in this forum matey. Take your political bias fueled bile elsewhere. You can make your point without resorting to polemic and inflamatory language.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

80% Catholic, 20% Protestant, probably because my toaster is on the counter next to the kettle, I like to garden, and I have next to no interest in sports or smh...

• Advertisement
Advertisement