Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update

Options
  • 14-09-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭

OK, this needs a thread, can't have FIFA dominating the board!

If anyone is wondering why there's a lack of talk about this new game it's because most people have moved from boards to discord. If you want to join competitions, 11V11 tournaments, what used to be organised here is now on discord.

But new game out tomorrow, not much change. Hunt for option files begin, PES Universe say they'll have one on release day.

Smell messi's finger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cienciano wrote: »
    OK, this needs a thread, can't have FIFA dominating the board!

If anyone is wondering why there's a lack of talk about this new game it's because most people have moved from boards to discord. If you want to join competitions, 11V11 tournaments, what used to be organised here is now on discord.

But new game out tomorrow, not much change. Hunt for option files begin, PES Universe say they'll have one on release day.

Smell messi's finger

I'm reading a lot of comments that the game is 90/95% the same as PES 2020 but that collision detection is a lot better, precision dribble is a bit tighter and it's more fluid.

Great tweaks if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It is very similar, as expected. Played 3 games last night and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just bought this and the teams have not been updated...none of new signing showing? am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Usually there's a data pack soon after the game is released to sort out that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cienciano wrote: »
    Usually there's a data pack soon after the game is released to sort out that.

Oct. 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just bought this and the teams have not been updated...none of new signing showing? am i missing something?

On the main menu, go to Edit and then Apply live update. It updates the transfers to 31st August so for example, Chelsea have all their new signings except Havertz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This costs one cent if you trade a game from the trade in list in any GameStop store, list below.

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

probably a silly question but....

do you need to have the 2020 game or can you just buy the 2021 digital update off the store? its 29e now on PSN

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

do you need to have the 2020 game or can you just buy the 2021 digital update off the store? its 29e now on PSN

It's a standalone game so you don't need PES 2020.

It's a really badly worded game title :)

It's a standalone game so you don't need PES 2020.

It's a really badly worded game title :)

cheers, i might pick it up over the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

The standard edition has no extras and is 29.99. If you download pes 2020 lite for free, on the main menu click on the link for the club editions and you'll get it for 28 as it gives a 20% discount on the club editions. You also get a free legend player and 3000 myclub coins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This costs one cent if you trade a game from the trade in list in any GameStop store, list below.

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Thanks for that. Going to grab it today. Haven’t played a pes game in years.

Played Fifa 2020 last year and hated it.

I never quite felt in control of the player. Like there was a split second delay or something in my input and the player movement.

Whereas pes even on the Xbox 360 felt like every movement of the stick the player follows.

Traded into GameStop there. Thanks for that! Looking forward to a game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

Like a lot of people I didn’t even realise it had been released.

I mostly just play career mode on it. Has it changed much or improved?

Heffoman wrote: »

I haven’t owned a pes game in years but from the reviews I’ve seen on YouTube it’s suggesting fook all has changed since 2020.

The thinkin seems to be if you don’t own 2020 it’s basically the same game with new rosters and a few minor gameplay other tweaks.

Not worth buying if you already own 2020 seemingly.

Heffoman wrote: »

I've noticed minor improvements to collision detection, responsiveness and some AI decision making but its not world changing or hugely obvious until you play it a little bit. If you disliked PES2020, this won't change your mind. If you liked PES2020, there are subtle enough gameplay changes to make it worth the investment in my view (given the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭mossie

Refs are retarded as usual. Brushed against an opponent got a yellow then I absolutely assaulted another straight through on goal not even a free kick.

got the bayer edition last night for 28e and had it downloading overnight

gonna download an option file now for kits just, will wait for the October 22nd data update before i get a full file with players etc.

lookign forward to a few games later

It's very very satisfying when one of them dipping volleys connect and flies in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Managed to pass the 5 star legend COM challenge in MyClub yesterday. It's like facing a team of terminators - so difficult. Batistuta has been added to the team, it was worth all the effort.

God I hope option files work on PS5 for this....

Knowing Konami though, I've little faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone have any tips on improving performance on pc. My laptop has i79750h 32gb ram and rtx 2060. Eventually got it to play on the rtx and runs fine for most of a match but then therell be periods of brutal lag. Not thermal throttling as farvas I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Can you still go 10 games without getting a free kick and a whole season without a pen in master league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is there a guide on how option files work on PS4? I'm away another few weeks but I quite liked the tactical aspect of pes over FIFA, where you can keep the ball look for gaps etc. Proper teams would finish it off for me. When I'm home id like to try downloading them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is there a guide on how option files work on PS4? I'm away another few weeks but I quite liked the tactical aspect of pes over FIFA, where you can keep the ball look for gaps etc. Proper teams would finish it off for me. When I'm home id like to try downloading them. Thanks.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

https://outsidergaming.com/pes-2021-option-file-guide-how-to-get-all-official-kits-licences-badges-team-names-stadiums-and-leagues-on-ps4-pc/

I’ve created a few teams for PES 2021, working away on the rest and planned on having them finished in a few weeks.

Bohemians

https://youtu.be/mJ46QjwZWUQ

Cork City

https://youtu.be/8kIjLM7cpPU

Derry City

https://youtu.be/4sekGFWlFMQ

Dundalk

https://youtu.be/snR70mKWa-Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭mossie

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Can you still go 10 games without getting a free kick and a whole season without a pen in master league?

I would think so. Referees are brutal again in this update.

Advertisement