Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Touch site error message

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I recently paid for a month long subscription and I won't be renewing, the site has been awful the last few weeks, several nights it's been completely unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They should try turning it off and turning it on again.

Where is that burning gif when you need it.....

C DOS
    C DOS run...
    Run dos run

El Sueño wrote: »
    I recently paid for a month long subscription and I won't be renewing, the site has been awful the last few weeks, several nights it's been completely unusable.

Paid for what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Paid for what now?

You can buy a subscription (monthly) it means less adverts (or none) and some extra features e.g. changing your username etc.

You can buy a subscription (monthly) it means less adverts (or none) and some extra features e.g. changing your username etc.

Honestly didn't know there was a such thing....
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

quote="punisher5112;114264759"]Honestly didn't know there was a such thing....
    Cheers.[/quote]

NP, here is the full list of benefits:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056950118

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Any chance of an update on here? Still getting 503 every time I change page today.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Apologies all, we will get things back up as soon as possible. I appreciate that it is a very annoying user experience at the moment, I will probably have to submit this post multiple times myself before it publishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Apologies all, we will get things back up as soon as possible. I appreciate that it is a very annoying user experience at the moment, I will probably have to submit this post multiple times myself before it publishes.

much more stable now, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Looks like smooth sailing again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Acting odd today

404s
    No new posts in latest posts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah some missing posts and refreshing needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I seen this updated in my followed threads when I went into it I could only see my previous post and not the new post.

Becoming unusable

Any update on the issue?

Pages of posts going missing and reappearing now. The last post here shows as 3 weeks ago even though I'm showing it has new posts today.

Pages of posts going missing and reappearing now. The last post here shows as 3 weeks ago even though I'm showing it has new posts today.

Back to same issues as a few weeks ago

Hi all, apologies for the syncing issues yesterday, these are now resolved. If you see anything similar today please let us know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,976 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Same - have to refresh four or five times each time

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, as highlighted by hullaballoo here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112220 - there was a spate of spam accounts being registered and these errors were likely a knock-on effect of this kind of activity. Sorry for the disruption, but we are trying to keep on top of things. The sign-in/sign-up does seem to be impacted at the moment. I would also advise copying any post that you have typed up in case of an error.

A load of those SQLSTATE errors this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,976 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    500/503 errors

Again :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Again :(

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

bloody errors

Apologies for the issues over the weekend everyone, there were some database issues causing problems on Saturday night and early Sunday which the team resolved but the breaking news about potentially moving to Level 5 restrictions caused a huge influx of traffic to the site (probably in addition to the soccer that was on) and the site became unstable. Things should be much more stable today.

Thanks for your patience, I appreciate it was a frustrating experience.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement