Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

chips1234 wrote: »
    just over 3 weeks was meant to say, yeah they are briliant, just today alone ive gotten 88 lukaku winter refresh areola and a couple more 84-86 rated makes doing the sbcs so much easier.

how is firmino ? feel like i wanna do the sarr sbc as have heard good things about him.

Firmino is great. Using him up top with Ben Yedder. 5* 5* makes for a great combo. Finishes everything put on his plate.. strong link to Fabinho helps out too.

Came up against a fella in classic match whilst doing the silver objectives. Had PIM Gullit, Kaka, Prime Dinho etc. no loans as well ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Firmino is great. Using him up top with Ben Yedder. 5* 5* makes for a great combo. Finishes everything put on his plate.. strong link to Fabinho helps out too.

Came up against a fella in classic match whilst doing the silver objectives. Had PIM Gullit, Kaka, Prime Dinho etc. no loans as well ffs.

majority of games in rivals last night i came up against guys like that + red 99 ronaldo or messi, just some ridic teams basically in div 6 :D, played 5 games of WL already 3 and 2 both games lost against super teams too and the wins 3 rage quits, i did read on twitter that people are playing the friendlies to just take the piss out of others with silver teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i did read on twitter that people are playing the friendlies to just take the piss out of others with silver teams.

I did it last night and there's people on it with their first teams hammering the silver teams. Utter shower of *****. Then they pm you calling you a pussy for quitting ffs.
    Then you have the people spamming you for wins and party chat.
    I think Rossie was right, **** em all.
    Now I did play another 5 games after I had achieved it where I let them score and then quit giving those 5 people a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Blazer wrote: »
    I did it last night and there's people on it with their first teams hammering the silver teams. Utter shower of *****. Then they pm you calling you a pussy for quitting ffs.
    Now I did play another 5 games after I had achieved it where I let them score and then quit giving those 5 people a win.

the spamming for wins/objectives is really annoying, and then i feel guilty not helping them and help them anyways and then get a message after, being called a ****, so now i just turn the notifications off when i load up the xbox

the spamming for wins/objectives is really annoying, and then i feel guilty not helping them and help them anyways and then get a message after, being called a ****, so now i just turn the notifications off when i load up the xbox

I just report them now.
    MS take an extremely dim view of abuse in xbox messages.
    I had one guy threatening to cut my head off and gay slurs etc ( had to be irish or english by the language) and I reported him and he got a month's ban from xbox live hehe :)
    He actually send me several messages the pleb lol :D

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »

Yeah, I managed to get it done in 4. Only came up against that one god squad... can’t imagine why he’s doing it. Stats don’t count, so there’s no reward for it only the couple hundred coins.

50k pack made up for it anyway.. 86 IF Higuain + Bonucci! After packing a load of high rated fodder the last two days, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Thanks for the suggestions earlier in the week on my Ligue 1/French side guys. Ultimately, I just couldn't get going with it so reverted back to my Bundesliga team (with improvements) and my 4-1-2-1-2 wide formation.

I've come to the realisation that there's a danger of reading too much stuff in terms of formations that work/don't work, what pros are doing etc. I've always enjoyed the 4-1-2-1-2 wide formation but comments about how feasible it actually is playing online put me off a bit and there's definitely cons to it, however, it is the one that works best for me.

I didn't realise just how affordable even the special cards are for Bundesliga players now so I'm currently running the below. I start Gnabry for chemistry but sub Kubo on.

88287dadde86a37776ef79007fbf4b83.png

Next step will be to improve on Mbabu. I have my eye on Da Costa's birthday card there, and I'm thinking I might get a French goalkeeper for that last little chemistry boost with Sarr as he'll soft link to Hernandez too, maybe Lloris' TOTW card. It's a million miles off teams with icons etc, but I'm finally really happy with it for only 4 weeks and no money spent on points.

Coming late to the party has actually helped in terms of good players being more affordable and the Summer Heat cards have been great as they are very achievable. Blatant job done on me by EA anyway as I'm sucked in and will pre-order for 21. :pac:

The community here seems great so I look forward to getting more involved.

Thanks guys. :)

That prime icon sbc was just bugging me so said screw it.
    Wish me luck!!!!

urgh frakking Nakata...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Got enough players to do Sarr without having to give up anyone any good or that high rated. He seems a bit of a unit whenever I’ve come up against him so I’ll get him and then see if I can get Kimpembe done and that will sort out my Lique 1 CBs and I can have a go at sorting out the rest of team as it isn’t that great.

Got over 2,000 players still in my club, and a lot of low rated untradeables so will have to rinse through on that 82-88 SBC before it expires but hopefully they’ll just renew it until the end of the game as it’s useful for ploughing in duplicates and unwanted given the low chemistry requirements.

Think I’ll leave Ericksen alone - well stocked for CAMs in Serie A team - Dybala, Joao Pedro, Mertens and packed a Headliners Luis Alberto the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Changed up my team last night. Sold Verrati and Hakimi in order to bring in Ballack. Rinised the club for The Prime Icon Pack and got Ferdinand.

Running this team for WL.

Screenshot-2020-07-03-at-12-05-29.png

Hopefully the servers are decent. Never seen them as bad last weekend.

• Advertisement

Changed up my team last night. Sold Verrati and Hakimi in order to bring in Ballack. Rinised the club for The Prime Icon Pack and got Ferdinand.

Running this team for WL.

Screenshot-2020-07-03-at-12-05-29.png

Hopefully the servers are decent. Never seen them as bad last weekend.

Is Lewandowski really a CDM???

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Is Lewandowski really a CDM???

Just for the chemistry, I change formation in game. Have to sub on Persic and TAA as well.

Just for the chemistry, I change formation in game. Have to sub on Persic and TAA as well.

That’s a lot of position changes :)

ST - CF - CAM - CM - CDM I think 🀔 have you ever tried him at CDM?

Boulders8 wrote: »
    That’s a lot of position changes :)

ST - CF - CAM - CM - CDM I think 🀔 have you ever tried him at CDM?

Yeah I gave him a few games there for the craic. He wasn't that bad actually, has great dribbling and passing but you want him in the box finishing chances.

Mbappe wide right is the same kind of story, he doesn't score as many there but it makes the team more dangerous overall. I like having Del Piero as a false 9, he's wasted out wide. I might move Pozuelo in the centre yet for Perisic, will see how it goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4-3 in weekend league.

Should be 5-2 but someone cut my power when I was winning a game, meaning it was a loss instead -_-

I’d forgotten how amazing it is having a proper top tier icon, in terms of player behavior. If you start losing, people get ultra-toxic.

But when Zidane scores an absolutely stupid goal from way outside the box, it’s an insta-quit. Three of my four wins were rage quits after he curled in a far range effort that absolutely should not have gone in. It’s hilarious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm 3-0 so far, don't know how.

First game he was way better than me, he didn't get many shots but I didn't have any in the first half. He took the lead and I leveled with a free kick (my first shot of the game), then got a deflection to win in the last minute.

2-0 down in the 2nd game make it back to 3-2 only for him to score in the last minute. I won on penos.

Third one was easier and I won 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Surely this is an error with no content??

No objective players, no sbc’s? Game is hanging on by a thread for most people at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

It's a holiday in the states so could be no content today which sucks

cintec wrote: »

Probably nothing tomorrow either then as it’s Independence Day

thats not true.
    There's new packs out in the store :D

• Advertisement

They’re a multi million dollar company, they can pay someone time and a half to come in and push the button :)

Edit: looks like it was an error

Jesus, that’s expensive :pac: hard pass on that with Dembele coming tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Pope looks super easy (I'll pop my TOTS Vardy up front with Heat Bruno and bang out the objectives).

Mbabu actually looks super simple as well.

I wish WL matches counted as well though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This is hilarious!! EA trolling everyone.

Got an Ultimate pack as log in reward

89 chiellini ucl card and a few 84’s from ultimate pack.

83 IF Muriel, 83 Casillas and 83 Bangea from my ultimate pack.... bloody hell. Thank god its free. Got 3x of those Conembol cards too... 1 of them was the face card ffs.

• Advertisement

TotyN Verratti, Wijnaldum and a few 84s.

Not great itself but probably enough fodder to let me do another Icon SBC tomorrow quickly.

Advertisement