Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Only 4 months to Santa:eek:

Hope you've been good!! Be very strange here, be in a different house for Christmas than for the last 31 years.
    We will be in a new one aswell , be our third and possibly last move

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Have bullocks coming up on 30 months coughing like fcuk. Thriving well so leaving well enough alone. Hard to listen to them coughing though.

You are spending too much time out admiring them!!:D Go in and watch a bit a telly, kick a ball or do a bit of gardening!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

19 weeks I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    19 weeks I think

Might be time to start looking at a few fixtures for later in the year. I might wait till the CL fixtures are out first, though

Might be time to start looking at a few fixtures for later in the year. I might wait till the CL fixtures are out first, though

Getting harder to get tickets this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Only 7 days until back to school. :’(

Only 7 days until back to school. :’(

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Brown Thomas opened their Christmas shops today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

orm0nd wrote: »
    2 quad bikes stolen fairly locally over the last week or 10 days

Both have now been recovered mainly due to cctv, social media coverage, & alert neighbours.
    Get a sim card tracker device, the two Polish scumbags below were part of a gang that stole loads of quads. They were only caught when a farmer whose quad was stolen fitted the tracker to his new one. Iirc the tracker cost a tenner, not a bad investment! Someone more technical than I might post a good one off ebay

https://amp.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/farmers-fury-after-40-quad-bikes-stolen-by-organised-gangs-36124643.html
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.independent.ie/business/farming/news/rural-crime/two-charged-following-probe-into-stolen-farm-machinery-36429377.html&ved=2ahUKEwjs6e-u64TkAhUDShUIHR0iBDsQFjAAegQICBAC&usg=AOvVaw3-HrLC7XCeGG64m_NlAppC&cshid=1565870869526

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Came upon this little chappie when taking the last load off the bog today. Ye all know the story about licking the first mankeeper you see on the belly to get the cure of the burn. So I did that of course.
    Dad then told me that I'd need to lick the belly of every single one I see after, in order to keep the cure. Of course I scoffed at him, gone 30 years before this without seeing one!! :D

Seen four more under the last heaps of turf. May have rabies now :pac:

3cAVgd7l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Came upon this little chappie when taking the last load off the bog today. Ye all know the story about licking the first mankeeper you see on the belly to get the cure of the burn. So I did that of course.
    Dad then told me that I'd need to lick the belly of every single one I see after, in order to keep the cure. Of course I scoffed at him, gone 30 years before this without seeing one!! :D

Seen four more under the last heaps of turf. May have rabies now :pac:

Is it a newt? Never seen one of those before.

There's a wildlife poster on Twitter in my area posts up pictures of wild lizards. I've never seen one of those either.

I wouldn't be bringing your newt licking tendencies up in conversations if you're looking for a man...:p

There's a wildlife poster on Twitter in my area posts up pictures of wild lizards. I've never seen one of those either.

I wouldn't be bringing your newt licking tendencies up in conversations if you're looking for a man...:p

:p

Mankeeper/Salamander! Bright orange belly on them.
    Are they the same as newt?

:p

Mankeeper/Salamander! Bright orange belly on them.
    Are they the same as newt?

Seemingly are the same.
    Common newt.

https://www.irishnews.com/lifestyle/2016/04/09/news/take-on-nature-ireland-s-only-newt-a-real-mankeeper-474743/

You're still weird though! ;)

I'm just from Leitrim, there's a difference :D

Here's the little group of them I found. Loads of frogs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yellow bellies from Wexford. Orange bellies from Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

Would depend on wether he had a burning desire or not😉

148multi wrote: »
    Would depend on wether he had a burning desire or not😉

It wouldn't be long curing that burn anyways! :D

Heading into the fleadh with the kids.

I'm just from Leitrim, there's a difference :D

Hang on ta feck for a minute!!

This burn cure. Say someone gets a burn and goes to another person with the cure. What exactly does the person with the cure do to the other person?

• Advertisement

Hang on ta feck for a minute!!

This burn cure. Say someone gets a burn and goes to another person with the cure. What exactly does the person with the cure do to the other person?

Licks them :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

On the belly:eek:

On the belly:eek:

On the burn. How's that for an ick factor :P

Leitrim is not a dull place anyway!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Here's the little group of them I found. Loads of frogs as well

I have only seen two in my lifetime, and reported the sighting to this organisation online.

Just yesterday, I found one stranded in a bucket, with some water at the bottom. I rescued it, I don’t know whether it would have managed to get out by itself. Do they live in water.

http://www.biology.ie/home.php?m=lizards

I have only seen two in my lifetime, and reported the sighting to this organisation online.

Just yesterday, I found one stranded in a bucket, with some water at the bottom. I rescued it, I don’t know whether it would have managed to get out by itself. Do they live in water.

http://www.biology.ie/home.php?m=lizards

Lady Haywire's were newts.

Are you descibing a lizard? Cos they're two different species.

Leitrim is not a dull place anyway!! :pac:

We just like to lick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lovely Leitrim Lickers. Must call up.

How badly do I need to be burnt?

:D

That'd be a great title for a novel..

Or a bord failte advert!

I'm beginning to wonder whether the title "mankeeper" should have been given to a woman with the burn cure instead of some Pleurodelinae? :p

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Lovely Leitrim Lickers. Must call up.

How badly do I need to be burnt?

You'd probably end up getting Katherine Lynch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement