Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eFootball PES2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just finished my first game and first thing i noticed as i do with every pro evo demo is the ball seems a bit more heavy on the ground and to pass.

Might not notice it after a while but i was was playing 2019 today so could see the little differences right away. I played with United against Arsenal professional level but jesus Arsenal where ****e i won 3-0 handy enough.

I cant pick out every little detail but it does feel different nothing really bad yet but the players do seem to feel different on the ball how they receive passes and take shots and movement.

Heres something really simple but its already annoying me :pac: They changed the noise of the whistle lol. Whatever sound it is now is weird and just doesn't seem right! :p

I hope the more i play thats the only issue i notice haha.

The more i see it i dunno how i feel about all the bold purple in every menu as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I really hope they do something about being able to turn off replays for innocuous events. Really hate the flow of the game stopping just to watch a 6 inch offside call 50 yards from goal. Neither player cares, just let us play on with the free kick!

A long time ago there was an option to do that. Think it was back in the ps2 days before online was popular, so mainly for local play so 2 people having different options wouldn't be an issue. A replay for a goal is all anyone wants.

So had another game Juve vs Munich very different to the first one. Didn't feel as heavy on the ball or easy to score ended up 0-0. Players seem to trap the ball every time they receive it which feels different to 2019 again im sure wont notice it after a while but i feel like its slowing the movement slightly.

Noticed a few miss placed passes and little errors on the ball from both teams as well.

The ref i haven't seen enough of yet to judge but did notice he gave the computer one or two very soft frees when all i did was intercept the ball. This was a very annoying part of the previous game which got more and more annoying as you would keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Colemania wrote: »
    Apparently the unlicensed teams shouldn't have had the real names. I think they forgot to change them back to the fake names :D

One of the devs is suggesting on twitter that they can avoid copyright issues when using real life place names, so 'Brighton WB' (White&Blue) is fine to use as they aren't using Brighton FC which is copyrighted. Of course they still have to use fake kits and badges, and none of this matters with day one option files but I guess it's something for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

One of the devs is suggesting on twitter that they can avoid copyright issues when using real life place names, so 'Brighton WB' (White&Blue) is fine to use as they aren't using Brighton FC which is copyrighted. Of course they still have to use fake kits and badges, and none of this matters with day one option files but I guess it's something for some people.

Always thought using names such as Liverpool instead of Merseyside Red would be fine, considering they’re using the name of a place and not the actually copyrighted name. I remember games on the PS2 using names like this too without the license as well.

Edit: seems like they’re meant to be like that, which is a small but positive thing for PES. Especially for people who don’t have time or resources to get OF’s.

• Advertisement

I hope they update the training. It's terrible. I have to find out how to do most moves through youtube videos.

So bit more feedback after playing few more games.

The game play itself hasn't changed all that much from last years. There are little changes but you don't always really notice them. If anything its mostly with the passing and dribbling and of course few changes in animations.

Ive played with all the main teams apart from Arsenal and they all felt fairly different in speed and how they move on the ball. Weather that was how i was playing or the teams play differently ill have to see.

The refs haven't improved if anything there actually a lot more random. Its always kinda hard to judge a demo as games are shorter and i tend to not fully get into it but im still seeing clear bias towards the computer when it comes to the ref very same as last season. Very annoying especially when your giving away frees with a simple interception.

Has anyone noticed issues with brightness? I have a decent Samsung 4k hdr tv never notice many issues with any other ps4 pro games or tv content in general but this game and at times last years the level of brightness is all over the place.

I have brought the settings up and down on the game itself and the tv and it doesn't really fix the issue. I dunno ill have to look into it a bit more as its annoying and kinda throws you out of the experience at times especially considering it changes around certain areas of the pitch.

So far i reckon ill enjoy this game but i haven't seen anything in the demo thats made me go wow thats different in a good way just yet.

I know they didnt need to change very much to the general game play but your playing it at times wondering did they literally just make 2019 look a little more polished ?

One thing for sure i wish they would change though is the ****ing blur in the replays!! Jesus Christ its so annoying to the point it makes u feel slightly sick at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any update to the commentary this year?
    I often found players got 'stuck' in different positions, even with super cancel in last year's game.
    Just played one game there. I love the new camera angle!
    Had one lad winded from a ball, and he hunched down for a second or two! nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It plays very well. We've had this before with demos so I hope this is what the game is like.

• Advertisement

Wilberto mentioned last year, download the demo even if you're buying the game anyway. Usually myclub give you a bonus for downloading the demo.

Think I'll enjoy it more when I can get stuck into master league. Hoping there's no issues with gameplay at start game this year round.

Passed a ball errantly and it hit the opposition in the balls.

He recoiled like it had hit him in the balls.

Day one purchase.

Passed a ball errantly and it hit the opposition in the balls.

He recoiled and slumped like it had hit him in the balls.

That's enough of an improvement to have my purchase.

Haven't noticed anything like this myself yet ha!!

Haven't noticed anything like this myself yet ha!!

May I present to you...man gets hit in the balls :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Very impressed with it even from the demo.

First touch makes a difference. Looks and feels alot better. Not something I even taught was wrong with 19 but this works well.

Dribbling with thiago is a joy.
    Heading seems a small bit different, don't seem to make a connection every time, has to be better timed.

Defenders throwing there body on the line is very good to, had a shot cleared off the line using a defenders body.

Refs are very very soft towards the computer. Even a slightly messy interception is s free. I'm sure it'll be said and sorted out though. Don't think I got one free

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Also , big fan of the menu so far.
    Less cluttered than the last one and the purple theme being used is very easy to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Recovered too quickly, not realistic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm sorry but it looks like it hits him on the thigh :D

D_turbo wrote: »
    Very impressed with it even from the demo.

First touch makes a difference. Looks and feels alot better. Not something I even taught was wrong with 19 but this works well.

Dribbling with thiago is a joy.
    Heading seems a small bit different, don't seem to make a connection every time, has to be better timed.

Defenders throwing there body on the line is very good to, had a shot cleared off the line using a defenders body.

Refs are very very soft towards the computer. Even a slightly messy interception is s free. I'm sure it'll be said and sorted out though. Don't think I got one free

The refs are a big thing that should of been sorted by now. Can't imagine we see it this year but never know I guess!

Has anyone noticed any patterns in how computer attacks yet? Only reason I ask is cause had the issue in 19 with most the attacks starting in the middle then always being spread out to the wings. They fixed it a bit but still happened sometimes in situations where they be clear in on goal and would stop and move it to the wing ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Really enjoying this so far.
    Seem to score a huge variety of goals.
    Also noticed greater impact put on player and ball position when shooting Vs a miss-hit.

Had a few games last night. The flow of the game feels more natural than last season where effective attacking patterns were fairly rigid. I found attempting the same attack resulted in different outcomes depending on which players where involved, how much control of the ball they had, what exact direction they were facing etc. It seems like this will take a bit of getting used to but overall I enjoyed everything about it apart from … defending.

In 2019 I chose to avoid slide tackling and relied heavily on press tackling which may not always win the ball but would rarely concede free kicks. The same approach in 2020 demo results in lots of innocuous free kicks conceded and even one penalty which never happened in 2019. So defending was the toughest area for me to get used to in my first session. I did notice that tackling with the likes of Pique was easier than some other players so it's probably like the other areas I mentioned above that I'll need to learn to only tackle with good tacklers when they have a good chance of winning the ball … you know … like in real life! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

In 2019 I chose to avoid slide tackling....

:eek::eek::eek:

Slide tackling is the best part! You can't beat a good slide tackle!

I almost feel better after an awesome slide tackle than I do after scoring. :pac: :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    You can't beat a good slide tackle!

I agree but I'm rubbish at timing them and used to get too many sent off so I just gave up on them unless I couldn't get near an opponent and had to try something more drastic or I'm losing badly and wanted to seek some revenge DJK style! :P

Loving it so far but there are too many fouls being given.

It's happened both ways where I've been awarded free kicks when I had no idea why and conversely when I've simply pressed x when facing up to an attacker. It's very frustrating as I've given away nonsense penalties and end up paranoid when the opposition has the ball in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have played a couple of games. I'm just trying to replicate the camera angle setting from 2018.

I will need to play more to get used to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I haven't played this years demo as of yet, but I'm delighted to hear about the refs and "simple" fouls (PES5 4 eva!). It will help teach people not to spam the auto pressure button and secondary press, which was way too common and overpowered in the last few years. People have forgotten how to defend based on how effective simply holding a button or two was until you won the ball back, so anything to rid the game of the incessant over-pressure is more than welcome.

In saying that, if the collision detection is as poor as last year with some of the 50-50 collisions that would result in a free, even when you had possession initially, then I can imagine some matches will turn into a non stop wave of eFootball logo, which no one wants!

I just hope Konami don't dumb down the pressure tackling logic for release based on the feedback of the X,Square (A, X) merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

2 thoughts from the demo:
    It's one of those games that make my PS4 sound like an engine & near post crossing is a bit over powered at the minute(tried it with Barca, Juve & Bayern which yielded a lot of goals).
    I enjoy it but the last few years even when I buy football games I get bored of them in a few months. The demo is out for 6 weeks before release so I've plenty time to consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 puntyboy82

So bit more feedback after playing few more games.

The game play itself hasn't changed all that much from last years. There are little changes but you don't always really notice them. If anything its mostly with the passing and dribbling and of course few changes in animations.

Ive played with all the main teams apart from Arsenal and they all felt fairly different in speed and how they move on the ball. Weather that was how i was playing or the teams play differently ill have to see.

The refs haven't improved if anything there actually a lot more random. Its always kinda hard to judge a demo as games are shorter and i tend to not fully get into it but im still seeing clear bias towards the computer when it comes to the ref very same as last season. Very annoying especially when your giving away frees with a simple interception.

Has anyone noticed issues with brightness? I have a decent Samsung 4k hdr tv never notice many issues with any other ps4 pro games or tv content in general but this game and at times last years the level of brightness is all over the place.

I have brought the settings up and down on the game itself and the tv and it doesn't really fix the issue. I dunno ill have to look into it a bit more as its annoying and kinda throws you out of the experience at times especially considering it changes around certain areas of the pitch.

So far i reckon ill enjoy this game but i haven't seen anything in the demo thats made me go wow thats different in a good way just yet.

I know they didnt need to change very much to the general game play but your playing it at times wondering did they literally just make 2019 look a little more polished ?

One thing for sure i wish they would change though is the ****ing blur in the replays!! Jesus Christ its so annoying to the point it makes u feel slightly sick at times!

I had a problem with this too, New Samsung 4k in Game Mode, Turned off HDR on the PlayStation settings and think it improved it a bit.

• Advertisement

puntyboy82 wrote: »
    I had a problem with this too, New Samsung 4k in Game Mode, Turned off HDR on the PlayStation settings and think it improved it a bit.

Ya i done the same thing it seems to of made it a lot easier on the eye so its something ill have fiddle with a bit when game is out!

Advertisement