Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eFootball PES2020

• 11-06-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭

New PES announced with the absolutely to be ignored elongated name of 'eFootball PES2020'.

Release date is September 10.

Key features and improvements are to gameplay (they've worked with Iniesta to better represent on pitch play), updates to Master League (integration of real world data and new legendary managers included, incl. Cruyff and El Diego), Match Day (a new experience which includes derby games and ramps up the match day atmosphere) and visual improvements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really impossible to tell anything from the video. After buying the legends edition last year, I definitely won't be doing the same this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looking at how little I played the game over the last 6 months, I doubt I'll be buying it at all.

I've no doubt that it will be a great game again though. :)

You disappoint me Wilberto

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:
    You disappoint me Wilberto

I've disappointed a lot of people over my relatively short life. You wouldn't be the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wilberto wrote: »
    Looking at how little I played the game over the last 6 months, I doubt I'll be buying it at all.

I've no doubt that it will be a great game again though. :)

Don't worry, I think I might be in your court too!

I enjoyed the couple of boards leagues I played in but haven't gotten much play of it over the last six months.

I do like FIFA bringing in a street mode which may tempt me that way but I'm just not sure I'm too pushed on a marginally improved or a shinier PES experience. They really need to improve things dramatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Master league is main thing I play. Find myself going back to it trying different teams and setups but get bored far to quickly!
    Any improvement in that area is very welcome!

Myclub I couldn't give a ****e! Get more enjoyment out of trying agents for players then do actually playing the mode online! The game play is a ropey mess compared to how it plays offline.

Curious to see what the final product will be likr this year if they can improve on areas that have been left alone and neglected for far to long.

Master league is main thing I play. Find myself going back to it trying different teams and setups but get bored far to quickly!
    Any improvement in that area is very welcome!

Myclub I couldn't give a ****e! Get more enjoyment out of trying agents for players then do actually playing the mode online! The game play is a ropey mess compared to how it plays offline.

Curious to see what the final product will be likr this year if they can improve on areas that have been left alone and neglected for far to long.
    As someone who's been playing pes since the 90's and been on various PES boards in all that time, I'll tell you what this will be like.
    Master league overhaul promised every year. It'll be pretty much the same. Some nice new animations and tricks that you'll never use because they'll be pointless, they'll either slow down your player or not help getting past a defender. Shooting will be slightly different. Lobs either impossible or useless. Keepers will be either amazing/shíte. Passing will change and either make the game brilliant or make you turn to fifa. Passing is the key to PES enjoyment imho. Fans will complain about stupid things, they always complain about the menu animations not being flashy enough or pre game camera angles for some reason. Apparently the latter sets the mood of the game even though after watching it once you skip it every time.
    Some important or stupid thing will be changed. They'll get rid of some useful feature, something like having a game room as invite only. Konami have a rule that they have to get rid of a useful feature every year. Swapping the colour of the form arrows was the most ridiculous.

Having said all that, I'll buy it. This year I think the passing is good (as in the ball goes where you're expecting most of the time), shooting and lob power is pretty good. I didn't play master league, I'm converted to online only now since I have good internet.

A few changes I want is taking free kicks should be quicker, you know when you're taking one out of defence and by the time you aim and power up to the ball being kicked is about 5 seconds and a forward can intercept. Annoying. Allow advantage from offside, sometimes a player is offside but the ball was going to a defender so just play on rather than stop, show the offside and start the game from a free kick. And myclub managers need to be more flexable, as do players positions. I mean, you want to move a player out a bit wider so he's no longer a SS and he's a RWF? No, your manager can't do that. Klopp wants to move a CM slightly forward to an AM position? Sorry, Klopp doesn't have the ability. You get someone like Zico and you can't play him as your manager can't accommodate an AM. That's shíte.

Cienciano wrote: »
    As someone who's been playing pes since the 90's and been on various PES boards in all that time, I'll tell you what this will be like.
    Master league overhaul promised every year. It'll be pretty much the same. Some nice new animations and tricks that you'll never use because they'll be pointless, they'll either slow down your player or not help getting past a defender. Shooting will be slightly different. Lobs either impossible or useless. Keepers will be either amazing/shíte. Passing will change and either make the game brilliant or make you turn to fifa. Passing is the key to PES enjoyment imho. Fans will complain about stupid things, they always complain about the menu animations not being flashy enough or pre game camera angles for some reason. Apparently the latter sets the mood of the game even though after watching it once you skip it every time.
    Some important or stupid thing will be changed. They'll get rid of some useful feature, something like having a game room as invite only. Konami have a rule that they have to get rid of a useful feature every year. Swapping the colour of the form arrows was the most ridiculous.

Having said all that, I'll buy it. This year I think the passing is good (as in the ball goes where you're expecting most of the time), shooting and lob power is pretty good. I didn't play master league, I'm converted to online only now since I have good internet.

A few changes I want is taking free kicks should be quicker, you know when you're taking one out of defence and by the time you aim and power up to the ball being kicked is about 5 seconds and a forward can intercept. Annoying. Allow advantage from offside, sometimes a player is offside but the ball was going to a defender so just play on rather than stop, show the offside and start the game from a free kick. And myclub managers need to be more flexable, as do players positions. I mean, you want to move a player out a bit wider so he's no longer a SS and he's a RWF? No, your manager can't do that. Klopp wants to move a CM slightly forward to an AM position? Sorry, Klopp doesn't have the ability. You get someone like Zico and you can't play him as your manager can't accommodate an AM. That's shíte.

Ya I can imagine some crazy useless things being thrown in and worth while features being taken out.

I'm playing the games meself since the iss snes days! I can remember how amazing master league was on iss Pro and most of the early Pro evo games. You would litrelly play none stop over the year rarely get boring. It just had the right balance overall.

Now it seems after the first long play threw the rest usually don't keep there buzz for long!

The odd Japanese vibe that used to be unique and fit perfectly with the game is now just getting in the way of what's needed in a football game in this day and age.

When you see how fifa sets itself up menus modes etc playing the same slow out dated features and menus every year gets tiring.

Saying that yep I'll be buying it obviously it's still at its core a very good game which I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time at! I just really hope the changes to master league will make it last longer for enjoyment.

My club and most thr online stuff in general doesn't hold my attention for long. Especially since they have made it to easy to get over powered players.

Great news and showing for this iteration

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/1144397106326564864?s=19

Pretty decent preorder price!

Around €45 delivered on TGC (whilst still €70 at GameStop!)

https://www.thegamecollection.net/efootball-pes-2020-ps4/?sqr=Pes&

• Advertisement

Demo due for PES2020 (refuse to use the new name) on July 30 on PS4, XBONE and Steam.

Online and Edit Modes available in the demo too.

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1145030077115183105?s=19

Preorder on TGC now down to £35.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

United announced as a new partner, ****in love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looking forward to all of the 'J Lingz' promos. . . .

United announced as a new partner, ****in love it!

Unreal.

That's a massive coup for then tbf. Imagine if they got Liverpool (they won't) as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

So Man U and Old Trafford in and Liverpool and Anfield are out? I'll take that as an Evertonian who has no hope of getting Goodison this year! :D

I bet Damo is having a lot of fun with Coleman after this news. ;)

I also heard a rumour a couple of weeks back that Man U and Juve would be official partners so with MU now confirmed, Juve should follow too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd be very interested to see what Legends they can get from United.

Cantona, Cole and Yorke, Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Vidic, Evra, Irwin, Veron, Schmeichel, Van Der Sar, Rio, Stam, Best, Law, Charlton maybe even a cheeky Forlan.

So many potential names. Beckham the only one announced in that video worries me a little bit though.

I'd be very interested to see what Legends they can get from United.

Cantona, Cole and Yorke, Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Vidic, Evra, Irwin, Veron, Schmeichel, Van Der Sar, Rio, Stam, Best, Law, Charlton maybe even a cheeky Forlan.

So many potential names. Beckham the only one announced in that video worries me a little bit though.

Ah I wouldn't be worried about that. He signed on last year and would be advertised whoever was signed up as a partner club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah I wouldn't be worried about that. He signed on last year and would be advertised whoever was signed up as a partner club.

So they should announce legends later on? Really hope they take advantage of the amount of players from United.

So they should announce legends later on? Really hope they take advantage of the amount of players from United.

Yep they will.

Beckham is more a brand ambassador than a legend and coincidentally with United in there, they can promote from the get go as a legend too.

Liverpool and Dortmund legends weren't added til later in the process.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was going to not buy pes this year, will def buy it now.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Was going to not buy pes this year, will def buy it now.

Same as. Was hmming and hawing over but with United now in, I'm sold. Plus €40 delivered as a risk I'll take!

Bayern to be the next partnered club apparently.

United being in it is great (Im a fan of them) but with or without them i reckon ill be buying this game no doubts!.

The demo being messy as **** would be the only thing to have me doubt not buying it.

There's only two football games on the market and Fifa plays like utter ****e. I don't care how many real teams and jerseys they have its all about the game play.

Pes has its issues like every game does but 2019 in particular was a great game and once they sorted a few of the game play issues during season ive kept going back to it.

The biggest problems for me are not in the game play itself but the modes and general setup of the game.

So something insane would have to happen for me to not only consider not buying pes but going back to Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Demo is usually different to the full game.

Bayern and Juventus are all but confirmed as the next 2 partnership clubs.

Scott McTominay is the official PES ambassador for United :pac:
    If that doesn't say it all, what does :D

Pity they lost Liverpool, only for the fact they've lost Anfield. Can always get the kit download to get all the kits. I suppose with FIFA having champions league licence, they needed to have the European champions licence too ;)

Colemania wrote: »
    Demo is usually different to the full game.

Bayern and Juventus are all but confirmed as the next 2 partnership clubs.

Scott McTominay is the official PES ambassador for United :pac:
    If that doesn't say it all, what does :D

Pity they lost Liverpool, only for the fact they've lost Anfield. Can always get the kit download to get all the kits. I suppose with FIFA having champions league licence, they needed to have the European champions licence too ;)

Such a waste of IP though. All that work to create a cracking representation of Anfield and Signal Iduna Park (assuming that's cut too) and then it's put on a shelf indefinitely.

Such a waste of IP though. All that work to create a cracking representation of Anfield and Signal Iduna Park (assuming that's cut too) and then it's put on a shelf indefinitely.

Took a full year almost to create Ibrox and Parkhead and sure if they get hooked, more wasted time. This new master league sounds good alright.

Only game I buy every year so looking forward to it.

I'll definitely be buying it, but this year I'll get the standard version. Not worth getting the legend edition at all last year, looks the same this year.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'll definitely be buying it, but this year I'll get the standard version. Not worth getting the legend edition at all last year, looks the same this year.

Same here. I only play myclub coop so no use for all the extras you get with the legend edition

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Same here. I only play myclub coop so no use for all the extras you get with the legend edition

I got one legend and the rest of it was shíte, a silver ball player every week for 20 weeks. Loan player at the start and a shíte low stats 40 year old beckham. Definitely better off using that extra money on coins.

Advertisement