Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Rumoured transfers doing the rounds, unsure on validity;

John McKee & Tim Murphy to UCD
    Aaron Conneely to Wanderers
    Edward Weaver to Lansdowne
    Jack Aungier to Tarf
    Naas bringing in 2 overseas players

I thought you were only allowed one overseas player?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UpTipp123

Paul Barr has left Cork Con and gone to Bandon, Willie going kilfeacle - certain he would of played in Limerick.

I see fixtures for leinster league are out - hopefully AIL ones come soon after.

i heard Gearoid Lyons is back in limerick - awaiting a contract in Uk but could end up playing AIL

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Jack Aungier to Tarf

JP Phelan to Tarf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Two big props coming in for tarf, assume Aungier may make a lot of Leinster match day squads during the world cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

shoutman wrote: »
    Two big props coming in for tarf, assume Aungier may make a lot of Leinster match day squads during the world cup?

He'll be behind Bent and Vakh at the start but good chance he'll get some game time off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Jack Aungier to Tarf

Where does Weaver play at the moment?

Stainalert wrote: »
    Where does Weaver play at the moment?

He is a Winger but can play 10 too.

He is a Winger but can play 10 too.
    Which club?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Which club?

Belvedere

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UpTipp123

PRO14 Fixtures are out - surely AIL will follow soon. i See the A competition ends 12th October, which is AIL game 2. then a week off im sure, which isn't the worse for clubs.

i see the cork teams are back from there clubs twitter accounts, Ryan foley with cork con and gerry hurely - good depth there. Dolphin also had big numbers.

are most clubs back now - any other transfers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

UpTipp123 wrote: »
    PRO14 Fixtures are out - surely AIL will follow soon. i See the A competition ends 12th October, which is AIL game 2. then a week off im sure, which isn't the worse for clubs.

i see the cork teams are back from there clubs twitter accounts, Ryan foley with cork con and gerry hurely - good depth there. Dolphin also had big numbers.

Most clubs are back now to varying extents but still lots of players away

Hearing Tadgh McElroy is gone to Clontarf. Strange one given they have two quality hookers (Finlay & Adamson) already unless they are losing one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

UpTipp123 wrote: »

not necessarily true because pro14 fixtures are out ail will be soo .
    Majority of clubs will be back in some form or another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Hearing Tadgh McElroy is gone to Clontarf. Strange one given they have two quality hookers (Finlay & Adamson) already unless they are losing one of those

Hasn’t Adamson signed for Connacht? He’ll be moving clubs if so.

Yep.

not necessarily. Only 5 senior clubs in province so some will stay or be affiliated to clubs in leinster/Munster as more clubs there better for there prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

not necessarily. Only 5 senior clubs in province so some will stay or be affiliated to clubs in leinster/Munster as more clubs there better for there prospects

Think Connacht are moving all contracted players to local clubs from this season.

Think Connacht are moving all contracted players to local clubs from this season.

That makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭RuPi

I think it is only academy and development contracted players who are having to move to Connacht clubs. Fully contracted players are only meant to play 1A and B hence Eoghan Masterson couldn’t play for Buccs in their play off v Queens at the end of last season as he would have been playing against a 2A side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

RuPi wrote: »
    I think it is only academy and development contracted players who are having to move to Connacht clubs. Fully contracted players are only meant to play 1A and B hence Eoghan Masterson couldn’t play for Buccs in their play off v Queens at the end of last season as he would have been playing against a 2A side.

If that is the case, any idea who Jordan Duggan is moving too from Naas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

GavMan wrote: »
    If that is the case, any idea who Jordan Duggan is moving too from Naas?

No idea but he tore his acl towards the end of last season so he won’t be playing for anyone before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Finlay working abroad at moment and Adamson to a Connacht club I believe

Michael Russell from Clondalkin to Wanderers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

LFC recruiting heavily as I understand. Predicting a big season from them, they usually play very well and then sometimes come unstuck towards middle and end of season. They'll be looking for a lot of consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

LFC recruiting heavily as I understand. Predicting a big season from them, they usually play very well and then sometimes come unstuck towards middle and end of season. They'll be looking for a lot of consistency.

Build another bar in Lansdowne Road did they?

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Build another bar in Lansdowne Road did they?

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gatekeeper23

Any names as to who they have recruited?

I understand Tim Foley has joined them

Is it normal to have AIL fixtures on the day of a six nations game?

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    Is it normal to have AIL fixtures on the day of a six nations game?
    yes generally is at least 1 round same weekend as a 6 nations game. Cant avoid all of them

Advertisement