Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 4 Fixtures and Results

• 21-09-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Season 4 of the Boards PES 2018 League!

This is a thread to be used for the sole purpose of posting Fixtures & Results throughout the season. All other chat regarding the league shall remain in the original thread: PES 2019 - Boards League Thread

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

There will be 3 games to be played each week. I will post these fixtures in this thread every Friday.

The rules for this league are fairly straight forward.
    1. The home team will create the match in the Online Friendlies Lobby and invite their opponent. Anyone having trouble with this, let me know.
    2. The home team is responsible for the match set up in terms of settings. Games are to be 12 minutes in length, time set to "Long", maximum of 3 substitutes and the choice of stadium and weather is at the home team's discretion.
    3. This shouldn't be an issue, but if a player quits the game while in a losing position, the match must be replayed with whatever time was left at the time of quitting.
    4. Of course, connection issues may come into play so the same will apply.
    5. If a game begins and is lagging from the beginning, both users can come to a mutual agreement to play again from the start at a different time. You don't have to let me know of this, just post the final result on the thread.
    6. Unsporting conduct is frowned upon so please refrain from hacking down someone when they are through on goal and you are the last man. We're all about Fair Play here :)
    7. Users are free to go Ultra Defensive and use advanced instructions as they see fit. It really doesn't make a huge difference in PES I feel.
    8. When defending a lead, please do not pass it around the back trying to waste time. This will make players lose interest in the league very quickly
    9. If you plan on being on holidays, post in the general chat thread and let your opponents know.
    10. If a user quits the league, walkovers will be given to all past and future opponents in the group.

Division Format

Each team will play each other twice in the division. Their final placing in the division will result in the following:
    • Top 6 from each division will qualify for the PES Champions Cup.
    • Bottom 6 from each division have their own cup called the PES Shield. This will run in the exact same format as above.
    • Super Cup will be contested by the Champions Cup and Shield winners.

Posting of Result

Results are to be posted by the home team. If you do not see your result after a week, please post it on the home teams behalf.
    Results should be posted in the following format if possible:

Gameweek 1

Liverpool (Colemania) 0-0 AS Roma (Walter.White)

Then give a little 1 or 2 line match report underneath if you wish.

Please post ONLY results in this thread. All other chat stays in the main thread. It just helps for when I post up results.

So I think that's all that needs to be said. I hope everyone enjoys the league and may the best player win!

P.S. Could everyone please thank this post to show that you have read it and understand the rules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 1 Fixtures

Division A

2ahfga8.jpg

Division B

xarip4.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Division A

Boards | PSN | Team
    Bozo_Skeleton | niallym | Barcelona
    Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91 | Athletic Club
    az1234 | az1234 | Spurs
    martineatworld | scange01 | Marseille
    callaway92 | DavidJKennedy | Celtic
    Luckycharms_74 | nslattery | Atl Madrid
    whavin | deaduis_maximus | Man City
    Wilberto | Wilberto99 | Rangers
    stryker mcqueen | pizzaburn85 | Juventus
    Ivefoundgod | ivefoundgod87| PSG
    KennyG192 | KENNETH192 | Chelsea
    reganreggie | thegifted1dblin | Arsenal

Division B

Boards | PSN | Team
    Koolhanger | Bijilf | Southampton
    the dunne | thedunne | Inter Milan
    Hercule Poirot | Planetpotter | Napoli
    Osh | kingosh_ | Milan
    SteelyDanJalapeno | TheOriginalJipo | Monaco
    Cienciano | meath77 | Lazio
    Batesy | Batesy2007 | Valencia
    ItsHoggie | ItsHoggie | Man Utd
    Walter.White | DamoK21 | Roma
    Colemania | Colemaniser | Liverpool
    AidoEirE | Aidz-Eire- | West Ham
    Det Somerset | philamental | Real Madrid

Division B

(Colemaniser) Liverpool 11-2 Valencia (Batesy2007)

Bit of a baptism of fire here. Everything I hit seemed to go in. I think firmino might have scored 5 or 6!

Best of luck in the rest of the league. Hope this didn't put you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Division A

Tottenham (az1234) 2 - 5 Athletic Bilbao (Stephen_Mc91)

PES proving to be quite realistic this year, they have Spurs down to a tee! I really can't defend to save my life at the minute which also didn't help!

Stephen was just way better than me, not much else to say really! Williams was like Cristiano Ronaldo, getting 4 of the 5 goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Arsenal 7 Athletico Madrid 1

Goal keeping howler at the start to put arsenal 1 up and then it was just counter attacks. Good game.
    Thegifted1dblin arsenal
    Nslattery Athletico Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Division B

Man United (itsHoggie) 0-0 Real Madrid (Det Somerset)
    Plenty of chances for myself but apparently Courtois felt like he needed to have the game of his life :pac:

Man United (itsHoggie) 4-3 Lazio (Cienciano)
    3-0 at HT thought i had the 3pts in the bag, but fair play to Cienciano, he brought it back to 3-2 and the game could of went either way that second half.

Niallym barcelona it won't let me send you a message. Can you message me when you can

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Div A:

GAME 1

(nslattery) Ath Madrid 2 - 0 Rangers (wilberto)

1st game of this new league and both teams started well. Then a 35 yard rocket by Godin put Madrid 1 up, it was evenly matched until just before HT before KOKE pounced on a defensive error.
    The 2nd half was evenly contested but no more goals.

Good game Wilberto

Div A:

GAME 2

(nslattery) Ath Madrid 2-4 Ath Bilbao (Stephen_Mc91)

Both teams started well and Bilbao hit inside the post early on. A couple of goals in quick succession in the 1st half put Madrid 2 up at HT.

It stayed that way until the 55th minute when Bilbao pulled one back and they levelled on 74 minutes.
    2 late goals in the dying minutes made it 4-2.
    Actually I’m not sure If it was 5-2 as I was in a state of shock by the goals :D

Good game Stephen_Mc91

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Southampton (Bijilf) 0 - 1 Manchester United (ItsHoggie)

Very tight game which United won with a well-taken finish by Alexis Sanchez in the second half.
    Southampton managed one shot and it was off target!

Well played, ItsHoggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Division B

(Kingosh) Ac Milan 1 - 6 Roma (damok21)

Scoreline was harsh on osh who played well but was unfortunate with a few of the goals conceded which included a soft penalty and an own goal. Good game man

• Advertisement

Athletic bilbao ( bestermc) 2 Arsenal (Reganreggie) 2.

Arsenal dominated 1st half while missing a hat full of chances, went in 2 nil up. Different game second half. Deserved a draw. Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Div A:

GAME 2

(nslattery) Ath Madrid 2-5 Ath Bilbao (Stephen_Mc91)

Both teams started well and Bilbao hit inside the post early on. A couple of goals in quick succession in the 1st half put Madrid 2 up at HT.

It stayed that way until the 55th minute when Bilbao pulled one back and they levelled on 74 minutes.
    2 late goals in the dying minutes made it 4-2.
    Actually I’m not sure If it was 5-2 as I was in a state of shock by the goals :D

Good game Stephen_Mc91[/quote]

Yeah it was just 4-2. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Napoli (Hercule Poirot) 2 - 2 Southampton (Koolhanger)

Napoli took the lead totally against the run of play with our only shot on target in the first half after 35 mins only for Southampton to equalise just before half time. The second half was much more even and Napoli appeared to have stolen victory in the 87th minute only for their inability to see out a 45 minute period come back to haunt them as Danny Ings equalised for the away side with literally the last kick of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Division A

(Deaduis_Maximus) Man City 3 - 1 Spurs (az123)

End to end game with Harry Kane taking the lead 30 mins into the game only for Augero to even spoils at halftime. Some great counter attacking football from both teams but Augero to take the lead and Fernandinho to snatch a set-piece scrappy goal. Great game bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 5 spurs 0

Stryker McQueen az1234

One of those games where all my shots went in and his didn't , schezny having the game of his life against spurs!

Mandzukic x3
    Ronaldo x2

Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 1 Marseille 3

Stryker McQueen v scange01

I was totally outplayed here , went 1 down to a Ocampos goal and managed to pull level through mandzukic but never felt comfortable against the Marseille counter attack , a late double from Mitroglou finished me off .... Steve mandanda suspected of doping following the greatest 1st half performance from a goalkeeper in the history of the sport ha!!!!

Goals Mandzukic

Ocampos x 1 Mitroglou x 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

(KENNETH192) Chelsea 2-3 Marseille (scange01)

Very tight game to start, he nicked a very well worked goal with Hazard on the stroke of halftime to go in 1 up.
    Valere Germain exploded out of the blocks with two quick goals at the start of the 2nd half, leaving me 2-1, and under the cosh for the remaining 30 minutes of the half. The pressure told, Giroud the impact sub slotting home after a through ball leaving it 2 all going into the last five minutes.
    Marseille then won a soft enough free from about 30 yards out, which Payet somehow curled into the bottom corner, and I held out from there.

(Damok21) Roma 4- 2 Monaco (jipo)

An in form Dzeko was the difference in the game as I managed to go 4-0 up, Jipo pulled two nice goals back at the end.

Good game mate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lazio (Meath77) 0 - 0 Liverpool (Colemaniser)

I dominated from start to finish. Crime against football that I didn't win. Unlucky.

Ok, not true. At 15 minutes in I looked at the clock and though it's gonna be a long game! Colemania had chance after chance, i could barely get out of my half but my keeper made some amazing saves and Liverpool just kept hitting it slightly wide. Second half Lazio were better but no real chances. Liverpool had about 5 chances to win it in the last few minutes but the lazio keeper kept it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco 0 - 1 AC Milan (suso)

Very sloppy game with both sides giving away possession a plenty, AC Milan took there chance better. I didn't have much in that game. Well played, I'm still adapting to this from 2018, it's a different animal alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Division A
    Chelsea (Kenneth192) 3-1 (ivefoundgod) PSG
    A goal coming in the first 10 minutes Rudiger rising highest from the corner to put Chelsea ahead PSG would then apply the pressure with mbappe firing just wide on the half hour mark
    Chelsea started the brighter in the second half with Loftus Cheek feeding Willian to put the blues 2 up with 5 minutes of the second half gone
    PSG would come roaring back with Cavani and Neymar putting their efforts just the wrong side of the post
    Substitute Pedro would make sure of the points in the 90th minute before Cavani slotted home a lovely sweeping move in the dying moments
    Great game could have easily been a draw but luck favoured the blues on this occasion
    Best of luck for the rest of the league!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The Gers (Me) 1 - 2 Barcelona (Bozo Skeleton)
    Luis Suarez 12'
    Ryan Ibrahimovich Kent 47' (ish)
    Phillippe Coutinho 55' (ish)

Rangers entered this David versus Goliath encounter against the titans of Barcelona with a little confidence, after putting in a decent showing against their opponent's Spanish rivals Atletico Madrid last time out. Fans were packed to the rafters hoping that maybe, just maybe, their beloved side could pull off a huge shock. They started brightly too, with Alfredo Morelos firing a cross into Kyle Lafferty in Barcelona penalty area, but the Northern Irishman was beaten to it by Gerard Pique. Was this a sign of things to come?

From there though Barcelona took control of possession, with Rangers seemingly quite content to sit in deep and look to release their front three of Lafferty, Morelos, and Ryan Kent on the counter when the chance came. Unfortunately for them though, a lapse in concentration in defence led to a chance for Suarez who dispatched with ease to put the visitors 1-0 up after just 12 minutes. Again, the game continued in the same fashion, with Barcelona holding the lionshare of possession, but struggling to break down the home sides defensive resilience, who themselves looked threatening on the break but were let down time and time again by some poor quality crossing. Half time came with the teams still separated by the Suarez early strike.

It wasn't long into the second half though, when Scott Arfield found himself at the byline after somehow beating the Barcelona full back for pace (Jordi Alba maybe? :pac:), and lofted a pass towards the near post onto which Ryan Kent unleashed an audacious scissor kick which guided the ball straight past Ter Stegen at his near post. It was a thing of beauty. The stadium erupted as the home fans started to believe that maybe there was something there for them after all.

However, the joy didn't last long. Within roughly ten minutes it was Coutinho's turn to find himself to be the beneficiary of yet more poor defending, and slotted beautifully past Allan McGregor to restore the visitors lead. The rest of the match followed the same pattern to that of the first half, with Barcelona again enjoying all the possession, but Rangers always ready to pounce on any potential counter attack opportunities. The final chance of the match fell to Rangers goalscorer, Kent, as he gathered in a high ball at the edge of the box but, through on goal, his early shot was sliced well wide and with it went any chance of a Rangers comeback.

Very enjoyable game though. I'm happy with that performance. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Division A

Barcelona 2-2 Arsenal

Having seen that Arsenal won their opening fixture 7-1, Barca approached this match with a sense of trepidation. Pique had a sleepless night thinking about Aubameyang's pace.
    Match turned out to be a cracker. Barca went 1 up after Dembele was played through on 12 minutes and slotted home. Arsenal created a good few chances to equalise but stout defending and Ter Stegen saves saw them go in at half time 1-0 up.
    Second half continued in the same vein as the first with Arsenal on the front foot. They got their just reward on 54 minutes when Aubameyang was cleverly played through and dinked the keeper. Some calamitous defending left Lacazette with an easy but well taken finish for 2-1 to the Arsenal in the 69th minute.
    Barca rallied after going behind and had a couple of good chances before Messi sent Dembele clear, and thankfully he out paced the chasing defender to bury it in the 92nd minute. There was still time for Arsenal to miss a gilt edged chance to take the 3 points when Welbeck was through 1 on 1, but Ter Stegen made a great save. Over all the Barca manager feels they deserved a draw, Arsenal had more chances, but the home team rallied after going behind.
    An enjoyable, cracking, and nerve shredding at the end, game.

Scorers
    Barca: Dembele x 2
    Arsenal: Aubameyang, Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Division A

Barcelona 0-2 PSG

Barca started brightly, and Suarez hit the post with a header after just 3 minutes. That was as good as it got for the home team though. Cavani hit the post after 15 to equal out the close chance. PSG went ahead on 20 minutes after a chipped cross found Cavani unmarked on the 6 yard line, and he dispatched a header in to the top corner giving Ter Stegen no chance.
    On 37 minutes Cavani scored a beauty, side stepping a defender and curling a shot in to the bottom corner. Having established a 2-0 lead PSG measuredly controlled the rest of the game until full time ( not by passing it around the back!) and had their chances. Barca just couldn't find a way to get back in to the match and PSG ran out comfortable 2-0 winners, with Cavani having a man of the match performance.
    Well played PSG, a deserved win and 3 points.

Scorers:

PSG - Cavani x 2

Divison b

(Damok21) Roma 1-0 Valencia (batesy)

Good game this Batesy recovered well from his match at anfield and deserved a draw in this one. A defensive lapse from him early in the game allowed me to score. I didn't have much chances after that and Batesy had the better of the game with my keeper playing well.

Good game bud !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Division A

(deaduis_maximus)Man City 1 - 2 Juventus(Stryker McQueen)

Juve got off to a flyer early on the game, 2 goals up in 20 mins. Augero pipped one back before half-time. 2nd half was a tighter affair with a change in formation to try and stop Juve down the wings, DeByrune unlucky to be denied by the post. Good game McQueen

Division B

(Colemaniser) Liverpool 5-2 Southampton (Bijilf)

Scorers:
    Liverpool: Mane, Salah x2, Firmino, Sturridge
    Southampton: Austin x2

Tough game here but Southampton not helped by their E form. Was 3 nil up at half time and helped along the way with some great Alisson saves.

Made it 4 nil early in the second half but Southampton clawed it back with 2 goals from Austin. Super sub Sturridge danced around the defender in the last minute to round off a 5-2 win.

Good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 1 - 1 Napoli (Planetpotter)

Completely one sided all game with Napoli creating chances at will but it was Madrid who opened the scoring in the first half after a quick interchange put Bale through who finished with a solid drive off the post to give the spanish team the half time lead.

In the second half Napoli continued to look far more dangerous than their lack lustre opponents who regularly struggled to put passes together. But with Ramos and Varane in imperious form and the recalled Navas getting his hands to every on target effort, it looked like Real would hold on for an unlikely victory. However deep into injury time the Madrid midfield failed to keep possession and a clear opportunity was presented to Verdi who scored with an emphatic drive to tie the game which was the very least the visitors deserved.

In a post match interview, Real Manager Det Somerset told the gathered press how he hadn't managed to play a game since the weekend and was clearly rusty so this was actually a good result in the circumstances and not a sign of how **** he is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Group A

Callaway92 (DavidJKennedy) Celtic 1 - 0 Rangers (Wilberto99)

Griffiths with the goal last kick (head) of the 1st half.

I had majority of possession but it’s a risky game when you misplace a pass and the opponent breaks then. He missed a 1-on-1 with Kyle Lafferty to equalise!

Great match. So much more fun than MyClub etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Group A

IFoundGod - PSG 0 - 1 Celtic (Callaway92)

Griffiths goal in this game too.

PSG didn’t really create much. Bought my time while having a few chances in between - Nice slide across by Sinclair for Griffiths to score. Was worried I wouldn’t score after missing a couple of chances.

2/2 for Celtic!!

Advertisement