Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seed golf ball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Currently playing the SD-01, got a couple of boxes to see would I like them.

I'm off 12 so while I can tell the difference between a top flite and pro v I'm not serious or consistent enough to know whether these go 10 metres longer than my usual balls or not. They probably dont. They do seem to hold up better though. I can come out of a round with one of these and there's hardly a scuff on them while a pro v would show serious wear.

They feel nice and reasonably soft, too. As good as any of the better balls I like. Which would be TaylorMade project a. Or bridgestone 335. Or pro v1x. Which I typically buy as 2nd hand balls. I like my golf but I'm not paying €55 for a dozen balls.
    But these I would buy on occasion, roughly €2 for a new quality ball is just about bearable.

One of the early comments was 'I dont know how they make them for that price'. lol. They make them for a few cents. Like the pro vs and all the others. The big chunk is distribution and marketing and whatnot. And markup of course. The actual product is the least of their worries when it comes to price I'd say. Also the only thing that's Irish about them is possibly the product design. China. Like everything else these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

I switched to the Vice Tour ball a few months ago. No regrets, fantastic ball with good feel and distance. I want to order a few of their Pro ball series for comparison, but have not pulled the trigger yet while I am playing out my first shipment.

Seed look interesting but the subscription model turned me off to ordering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I ordered a dozen there Saturday and should have them this week. Looking forward to trying them out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I ordered a dozen there Saturday and should have them this week. Looking forward to trying them out.

Arrived this morning, must say they are very efficient with their delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Been playing the vice pro for about 18 months some great value vs other tour balls would recommend them to anyone. I originally got the selection which had 2 of each ball to try out.

They had an offer of buy 5 get one 1 free earlier this year which when ordering on the uk site at the time worked out at just over 120 euro delivered, 20 euro a dozen.

the sub model from seed would also put me off.
    I switched to the Vice Tour ball a few months ago. No regrets, fantastic ball with good feel and distance. I want to order a few of their Pro ball series for comparison, but have not pulled the trigger yet while I am playing out my first shipment.

Seed look interesting but the subscription model turned me off to ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

djivide_ wrote: »
    Been playing the vice pro for about 18 months some great value vs other tour balls would recommend them to anyone. I originally got the selection which had 2 of each ball to try out.

They had an offer of buy 5 get one 1 free earlier this year which when ordering on the uk site at the time worked out at just over 120 euro delivered, 20 euro a dozen.

Do u find the vice ball discolours/faded very fast in comparison to most other balls???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

golfguy1 wrote: »
    djivide_ wrote: »

Do u find the vice ball discolours/faded very fast in comparison to most other balls???

I've found that the Vice balls do pick up a slight yellow hew fairly quickly alright

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Never noticed to be honest, I clean the ball between holes. can loose its shine fairly quickly but that doesn't bother me
    once it performs the same. Unfortunately most balls don't last much more than 18 holes at best but that's the indian not
    the arrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭srfc d16

I am new to golf so I chose the Seed as they seemed great value. I use the most basic one which is €10 for a dozen. The subscription is optional. I order when I need them rather than on subscription. From what I can recall there was no cost benefit in going to subscription. I am very happy with them and will continue to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see that Seed have just launched their first non-white ball.

They've called it SEED SD01 YellowAF

Adularescence Flourescence

Am I the only one that thinks they made that word up to basically hint at calling it

Yellow As F*ck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Feck sake. Found two last Week and gave them away. Thought they might be rubbish balls as I had never heard of them before. Mad now after reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got box recently and find them pretty damn good
    sd02 i think, the new ones anyway.
    really soft feel to them, very noticeable when i was just practice putting on the carpet with them to start with
    then on the course, found them really good around the green, really good. yea they were really good around the green.
    did feel that they lack a bit of distance though, but it could have been weather. not played enough with them to know for sure about that.
    but i'll be buying some in the future, thats for sure.
    did i say they were great around the green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Seve OB wrote: »
    got box recently and find them pretty damn good
    sd02 i think, the new ones anyway.
    really soft feel to them, very noticeable when i was just practice putting on the carpet with them to start with
    then on the course, found them really good around the green, really good. yea they were really good around the green.
    did feel that they lack a bit of distance though, but it could have been weather. not played enough with them to know for sure about that.
    but i'll be buying some in the future, thats for sure.
    did i say they were great around the green?

https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

19 HC and SD-02 is what I use. SD -05 would be my second choice

Dont waste money on SD-15

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Put the seed sd-01 into play today. Very happy with it. Good distance but plenty of feel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

gypsy79 wrote: »
    19 HC and SD-02 is what I use. SD -05 would be my second choice

Dont waste money on SD-15

Play off 12 found the SD-15 a great durable & playable ball for the price imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

lester76 wrote: »
    Play off 12 found the SD-15 a great durable & playable ball for the price imo

Yeah likewise, less spin more distance. Great value.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

It came off my club (driver in particular like a brick)

For me, it was in fact shorter not longer

It is very durable and lasts forever. Not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Got delivery of the starter pack this morning! Quite like the design of them and looking forward to trying them out.

There's a free 100 tee pack included (also for general sale), nicely designed as well but if they're positioning themselves as premium, they should have went with 3+ inch tees rather than the 2 3/4 inch ones.

PARlance wrote: »
    Got delivery of the starter pack this morning! Quite like the design of them and looking forward to trying them out.

There's a free 100 tee pack included (also for general sale), nicely designed as well but if they're positioning themselves as premium, they should have went with 3+ inch tees rather than the 2 3/4 inch ones.

how long did it take to receive them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seve OB wrote: »
    how long did it take to receive them?

5 business days iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

I find them great! delivery is usually 3/5 days. Great valve for money as well. I gave a lot out as prizes in the Boards Society last year all where impressed. Good to support an Irish Company too.

benny79 wrote: »
    I find them great! delivery is usually 3/5 days. Great valve for money as well. I gave a lot out as prizes in the Boards Society last year all where impressed. Good to support an Irish Company too.

yes i got a box.... was impressed enough that i will order some

think it was the SD02 you gave me

still have a good few balls in the drawer so don't need to order yet if they only take a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Prices for the SD-01 (Pro-V equivalent) have jumped from €25 a dozen to €35.

Huge jump, which is unfortunate.

I've been using them for the last few years and find them great. Might have to look to Snell or Vice now, or even Pro-V.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭srfc d16

I think the price change can be avoided if you suscribe for the balls. As far as I know you can get them sent as many or few times as you like. You could set it that they send you out a new pack every 6 months or however often you usually get new balls and you got them for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Still €25 per dozen on the subscription set up or bulk buy (5 dozen) and free delivery over €50 when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Delivery was crazy quick, ordered Tuesday, delivered Wednesday.

I use the SD-02, great ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Would like to have tried them but 7.99 shipping to Northern Ireland has put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

srfc d16 wrote: »
    I think the price change can be avoided if you suscribe for the balls. As far as I know you can get them sent as many or few times as you like. You could set it that they send you out a new pack every 6 months or however often you usually get new balls and you got them for €25
    martinkop wrote: »
    Still €25 per dozen on the subscription set up or bulk buy (5 dozen) and free delivery over €50 when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Delivery was crazy quick, ordered Tuesday, delivered Wednesday.

I use the SD-02, great ball.

OK, this is good news. I'll stick with them so, like to support Irish small businesses too.

FYI I have collected them from their premises before, when I needed a couple of dozen in a hurry and was in Carlow. Good to know if you're about Carlow town I suppose. They were very sound about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Yeah I have collected from them too there based in Carlow college.

SD-01 is Pro-v equivalent

SD-02 is Pro- vX equivalent

• Advertisement

Decided to order a dozen SD 01 and see what they were like. Ordered at 4:30 yesterday and have just arrived in the post today.

Advertisement