Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

gadetra wrote: »
    Why assume It's a her?

Zyzz has several new bikes to buy. Crashing a race bike means there must be at least two replacements :D

I assumed it was a lady because he said bride :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

New bike arrived yesterday, so nothing actually in the post at the moment, but the shopping list is out. New gloves badly needed, and thinking on a Brooks C17 if the saddle on the new bike saddle doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Buchaill_Mor

Waiting on a Cog set with chain and rear derailleur. In the last week, I received a new quill stem (extended length), rear pannier rack, front low rider pannier racks, mud guards, extended length seat post, 2nd hand flat sided SPD pedals, paint stripper, Olive Drab spray paint, flat white spray paint, clear coat spray paint, saint black spray paint. Will have to hold off a while before I get the tan leather saddle and bar grips, and possibly thinking about a tan leather saddle bag to attach to the back of the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

New gear cables on the way here too. On the look out for this winters bib tights... There's always something else to add to the list!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

4 brake blocks, another 10 speed ultegra chain (they keep snapping on me, terrible quality these days, hopefully this'll be the one that keeps going for a few 1000kms) and some muc off to take me into the qualify for free shipping bracket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

link_2007 wrote: »
    I assumed it was a lady because he said bride :)

I know plenty of man brides ;)

Anyway. Gonna see if I can squeeze in some bartape, a road chain and casette before Christmas. How exciting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

My PBP medal (hopefully)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

A Kask Mojito and a pair of Oakley Radars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    My PBP medal (hopefully)...

I heard January before the rides are homologated :(

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    I heard January before the rides are homologated :(

Faster than the Wicklow 200 so... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Kool Stop replacement pads for the frankly dangerous Modolo sinterized pads that don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

a BBB small tool bottle, should be fun squeezing a tube, tyre levers, co2 canister and multi tool into it, but better than a ugle saddle bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Long sleeved jersey, short sleeved jersey, gloves, saddle bag, bottle cages and a led light to strap on to the saddlebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭jamesd

105 5800 groupset from wiggle and swissstop green's from swimcycle run.

Just pulled the trigger on a new 40 spoke wheelset with a dynamo hub for my Bikenstien project. Can you run a Cree lamp off I e of these or should I order a specific Led lamp??

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

This softshell baselayer from Rapha. Came across it on the Rapha site reduced and thought it was a brilliant idea. Looking forward to trying it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A pair of castelli gloves and saddle bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

lezyne-micro-floor-drive-hp-pump.jpg

(although its for the wife's bike)

Vittoria Ultralite tubes 25-28mm x2 for me.

Just pulled the trigger on a new 40 spoke wheelset with a dynamo hub for my Bikenstien project. Can you run a Cree lamp off I e of these or should I order a specific Led lamp??

Use a proper lamp. I use the Cyo Premium T and the Toplight Brake Plus.

From the front light, you get all of the beam focussed on the road rather than lighting up the trees above you (and dazzling oncoming drivers/cyclists). From the rear light, you have a standlight when stopped as well as a brake light (it detects the dynamo slowing down and lights up brighter).

1993345_1.q4qeke7zq5.jpg1812314_1.jpg

Thanks for the info......

• Advertisement

Got a €50 voucher from Rose for the 15 week delay on the bike, so opted for a much needed new set of Gore gloves and neck warmer for the colder days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

bike bag in one order and a jersey and a pack of high 5 tablets in another. my 2nd and 3rd packages in the last week, no wonder my bank account suddenly goes south after payday

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Divorce papers I think.

Divorce papers I think.

Just make sure you get custody of the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

thermal longsleeve jersey, waterproof jacket, neck warmer, and bottle cages for the new bike. think I deserve a new helmet too pretty soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

$_1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

^^^^^^
    tax man, you've the wild atlantic way on its way to you :D

So my hub dynamo, rim, rim tape and spokes arrived from the vendor today. I bought all the separate parts from the same vendor in Euroland and had intended to build the wheel myself as a project. It arrived fully assembled today, and at no charge for the assembly over the cost of the separate parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

for the mrs
    front light

for me :D
    mitts
    camelbak podium bottle
    socks
    merino skull cap
    tool storage bottle
    tyre levers
    combination front and rear helmet light

all follows my gabba purchase of a couple of weeks back and rollers i bought from here yesterday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

for the mrs
    front light

for me :D
    mitts
    camelbak podium bottle
    socks
    merino skull cap
    tool storage bottle
    tyre levers
    combination front and rear helmet light

all follows my gabba purchase of a couple of weeks back and rollers i bought from here yesterday :)

Who's been a good boy then ;)

Advertisement