Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Big Halloween Thread!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nuwanda069

Hi I'm just wondering if there are any themed halloween parties happening? The only one I can find is a pirates one called trenchtown but I'm not into the whole reggae ska music they have that night to go with it. I'm coming from edinburgh with my girlfriend and am flexible about where we go but I guess Dublin would be best. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

The Rocky Horror Picture Show and party is on in the Sugar Club in Dublin....everyone always gets dressed up in costumes (not just Rocky Horror ones) and there are prizes and stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

There's a party in aid of Temple Street hospital in Portmarnock at the PSLC on the sunday (24th) Think the tickets are about a tenner. There is a facebook page for it AFAIK do a search for halloween fancy dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Does anyone know where I can get one of these skull strobe lights before next weekend ? http://bit.ly/cj1Vsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got my Halloween costume today so happy it fits perfectly :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

What are you going as?/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

would anyone have any idea where i could get a jesus type robe?
    i know ya can buy the costume, but i reckon i could piece it together cheaper and there would also be fit issues!
    thanks in advance!

mmm You could just go buy the material it would not take that much to make it up even with a stapler once you had trust worthy clothes on underneath. Or could buy cheap white sheets also. Use a curtain rope tie back for the belt...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Milly33 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCHx7hJTd6KKLApS_qPQoQRk4yvjfp3jvXt5eImrx-z3z92qc&t=1&usg=__V9eKyKCd766FGk7oOKTB4PaO05Y= Yep that is the thing alrite that we, I say we becuase my manfriend has kindly said that he will sort out the technical side of things......

Hi, any idea where he's getting it from?

Hi, any idea where he's getting it from?

Hello

Well we got the fog machine already think it was €30 or €40 up in Maplins in Blackpool.

Its a great one we tested it out already. Only pants is the fog juice iteself you would need a fair bit of it, well depending how long you plan on leaving it on so it is worth a shop around to get a good price for it (thanks for reminding me to do this).

Then for the dry ice he was planning on trying something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dzW9PZavfg&feature=related
    There is loads of differant videos here for it. You can use just a container like this chap to fill with ice, or if you have one of those stryofoam cool boxes you could use one of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Hi, sorry, my quote came out wrong. I'm trying to find a supplier of dry ice, but found these since http://www.polarice.ie/ They reckon €47 for a bag of pellets collected from their depot in Santry. Does anyone know of anywhere else? Not having ever bought it before, it sounds a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Trying to get the Mrs to go as a flashing granny to match my flasher costume http://www.trickortreat.ie/products/FLASHER-ADULT.html !!!

The only other option I gave her is http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costume/fairytale-snow-white-costume.html (Hoping the model comes with costume!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got a little set in Claire's today for my cat costume. It has ears, a tail and even paws! So cute! So will draw on whiskers and wear all black. YAY I love Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 c2010d

Hi someone recommended Bradys Newsagent in Crumlin for Fancy Dress Costumes at really good prices. Has anyone got thoughts or been in it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

last year i made the cheapest costume you could find.i went to tescos bought a plain white tshirt and a few black permanent markers and went as a autograph book!i had everyone sign me and draw on me.wore two tshirts and both of them got covered in signatures and even numbers from girls ha ha!its a cheap and simple idea.trust me might sound silly but its fun!easy way to get some numbers :)

Advertisement