Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

• 15-02-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

Ok, so every time i go into this forum, there is a new thread about how this game is a joke or how bad this is or moan moan moan.

What about the good points? The things you like about the game. I ll go first.

Most games i buy last about a month before my interest wanes. I still as passionate about playing this as i was on day one.

There is excellent depth to the multiplayer. Everyone has their own tactic and method, changing depending on the map and how the opponents are playing.

As bad as i am at this game and i am bad, i still have fun and the minor victories mean so much, when i get to the top 3 in free for all, or out smart a camper or ruin any cheaters plans, i am very proud of myself.

Getting into games with friends, helping each other, or killing each other is great fun.

Ultimately though, it has to be how easy the game is to pick up and play. After about an hour of getting used to the controls you will be killing with the best of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

good post, while I do spend most time both here and while playing the game moaning my hole off about this or that I suppose it is still a great game. I'm totally a slave to it now.

Anyone know when the first map pack will be out btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I agree.Yes the game has its faults but at the end of the day it is fun to play.Tbh only a few of my games have been ruined by cheaters or gthose glitch fukkers.

Im just messing about now with guns/perks I didnt use the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Killing noobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

bryanjf wrote: »
    Killing noobs
    gotta be cruel to be kind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Boosting :)

*anti-boosting of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    gotta be cruel to be kind :D

it's the only way they'll learn

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Nothin better than rackin up those killstreaks....
    I find a 5-7-9 combination most effective for my style of play.
    There are a few problems with the game but it can still be enjoyed immensely.
    Great craic to be had if you have a few mates online aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I was wondering when someone would start this thread...it was inevitable :)

I love the game. It has serious flaws but I love it. I'm also dying for the new DLC and yes, I will spend my money on it, despite some of the stuff that really annoys me about the game. Why?

I play for fun and enjoy messing about with all the perks and guns. I hate the fact that one perk allows you to leap 15 feet across a room to stab someone but I also enjoy using that perk from time to time :D

I don't care about k/d ratio, never have, never will. Up to 15% of the time my profile is playing the game, it's not me playing but someone else instead.

I do wish they would fix a lot of the problems earlier but nevertheless I'm still enjoying the game :)

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'm also dying for the new DLC and yes, I will spend my money on it)

Me too.... I'd drop trou for it right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

On friday and saturday nights me and my m8's stay on until the early hours of the morning playing private matches , getting drunk and talking sh*t.

I have no problems with any guns being over -powered or under -powered , i also have no problems with the perks or killstreaks , they are in the game to be used, each with its own advantage or disadvantage depending on what your looking for.

Match making games will always have there slip ups in that department.

Boosters ....idiots that cant get a real nuke, dont come across many of them nowadays.

Care-package glitch= thank god its been patched.

All in all if you can get into a room with your m8's be it public or private , i think this game is great crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I really liked COD4, played well over 9 days multi-player.
    I hated WAW at the start, but eventually got into it.

I'm really enjoying this game (most of the time), despite the glitches and intermittant issues. It's the array of perks, custom killstreaks and with all the different game types... even when you get bored or browned off, mix up your classes and/or killstreaks and your back in business. also the fact that you need to modify your strategy when the yanks come online, it's a legend of a game IMO.

Best €55 I ever spent...... > 6 days MP so far and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

it saved me a fortune on games as i would usually buy 2 a month. I only bought 2 since it was released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Its really good game despite the fact that the PC single player is buggy as hell bordering on unplayable. But the mulitplayer has been well thought out, its fun and the mouse/keyboard controls are really slick and responsive. Definitely worth the €30 I paid for it and it doesn't deserve 90% of the hating it gets on the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

PS3 and MW2 combo was my reintroduction to console gaming haven't played a console for years.

I have to say I've been blown away since playing it, the graphics are something else and the gameplay just makes you want to pick it up and play again. I even traded in mw2 to get the prestige edition yeah just for the goggles, but hey each to their own.

I Play near enough every evening with a couple of mates got nearly 10 days logged on Multiplayer, lovin the predator -> harrier _> chopper gunner killstreak, nothing like raining down death from above :D

Its has its flaws but nothings perfect and I will be buying the DLC when its released.

Plus you cant beat the banter its a right laugh, long live MW2

This thread makes me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Even with all the complaining I've done about this game in other threads :P It is still one of the best games out there! We all can get annoyed at some parts of it, but for the 45 euro spent on it, it's given me a lot a game time :)

Still my fav. part of this game is multiplayer when you're just in the zone, decimate the other team and they start calling you a cheater :pac: I'm not the best player and I have really bad days too, but I love that killing goodness of winning that much ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I love how even this thread has people pissing and moaning about mw2. "I love mw2 but this, this and this is sh*t" that's what the cod forum on boards has been reduced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I love how even this thread has people pissing and moaning about mw2. "I love mw2 but this, this and this is sh*t" that's what the cod forum on boards has been reduced to.

So what do you love about the game? On-topic please... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Sorry r3nu4l. I like when you get a run of 3-4 games where you are on fire and the killstreak rewards are just bonuses rewarding your good play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I like the game because whatever I initially perceive to be imbalanced usually sorts itself out when I switch up my tactics. The killstreaks did cause me a lot of headaches initially but now I just switch classes and shoot them down if I get killed, or stick indoors and pick off all the people who rush in there to avoid the air support.

Watching some of the pro's youtube commentary games opened up the potential of the game a lot for me as well. There's a lot of wacky different ways to play the game. Being aggressive can even work if you know the maps inside out and know what you're doing.

I'm starting to enjoy modes I didn't like in the first place as well. Used played nothing but S&D but I've got massively addicted to FFA in the last two weeks.

I pretty much hated this game for the first couple of months. The longer I play it the more I enjoy it.

I haven't encountered any real problems with people exploiting, other than the nuke boosting which is actually kind of fun because the people doing it are usually absolute noobs and when you find them they end up dying a rake of times when they respawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After choosing a new primary weapon (M16A4), new equipment (Claymores) and a new perk (Scavenger), I was a killing machine last night.

I'd tried the M16A4 when I unlocked it, but didn't like the 3-shot burst. I was more of a 'fire everywhere, someone's bound to get hit' kinda guy. But now I see the 3-shot burst means less recoil, so when I aim at someone, I actually hit them. Got a load of longshots and headshots last night.

The claymores took a while to get used to. Kept thinking I still had semtex, so if I saw someone in a window above, I kept just laying a claymore in the middle of the road below :D. But on a level such as Estate, it really helps to both rack up the kills, but also let you know that there are enemies coming from that direction. Quick switch to the shotgun and KABLAMMO!

Scavenger, I'm still not fully sold on. I guess I just need a little more time with it though. Now that I have claymores, for some reason I keep forgetting about the noobtube. I suppose thats really when Scavenger helps out. Does Scavenger only get ammo for your currently equipped weapon or does it resupply all?

Either way, I discovered a new way to play the game last night, and I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Scavenger will also re-supply you with claymores, ammo for your noob tubes, primary weapon and I'm pretty sure your secondary weapon. It's legend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

But now I see the 3-shot burst means less recoil

There is no recoil worth mentioning in the game mate.
    Its just a graphical representation of recoil, ie your gun graphically pops up and down but notice how it pops back down to exactly where you started :rolleyes:

Games with proper recoil dont magically drop your crosshair or ironsight back to its starting position they expect you to re- target and atleast try to simulate some degree of realism, some more than others ofcourse.
    Play day of defeat source, red orchestra or similar titles to see what i mean.

Make no mistake MW2 is as far from realism as you can get.
    Ofcourse to those not interested in realism its fun :)

Efioanaes wrote: »
    There is no recoil worth mentioning in the game mate.
    Its just a graphical representation of recoil, ie your gun graphically pops up and down but notice how it pops back down to exactly where you started :rolleyes:

Games with proper recoil dont magically drop your crosshair or ironsight back to its starting position they expect you to re- target and atleast try to simulate some degree of realism, some more than others ofcourse.
    Play day of defeat source, red orchestra or similar titles to see what i mean.

Ofcourse to those not interested in realism its fun :)

Yeah I know, see it loads of times in game winning killcams how only half the shots might actually hit someone, the rest slightly to the side, yet it still kills them. I guess it's just the graphical representation that makes me less likely to try and adjust and compensate for the recoil

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I like this game for one reason. I'm a very very good fps player and this game does nothing but reward me for being good and punish others for being bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Scavenger will also re-supply you with claymores, ammo for your noob tubes, primary weapon and I'm pretty sure your secondary weapon. It's legend.

You have to have your secondary selected when you run over the blue bag though I think. As in if you are on 50% ammo on primary and secondary, and run over it with primary selected, you stay on 50% ammo for secondary.

I'm nearly sure that is correct anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

So Russia never invaded Burger Town? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So Russia never invaded Burger Town? :eek:

We are talking about MW2s pathetic representation of recoil not what the ruskies want for a take away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

We are talking about MW2s pathetic representation of recoil not what the ruskies want for a take away :eek:

Its a video game its designed to be easy to learn, easy to play and most importantly to the makers , easy to sell.

Realism....join the army :D

• Advertisement

shawpower wrote: »
    You have to have your secondary selected when you run over the blue bag though I think. As in if you are on 50% ammo on primary and secondary, and run over it with primary selected, you stay on 50% ammo for secondary.

I'm nearly sure that is correct anyway...

I was thinking that. I vaguely remember running out of ammo with my shotgun even though I was sure I had picked up more ammo

Advertisement