Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tennis Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

BBC Tennis is pretty useful, I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah, they update it very regularly. Was going to put that in, but thought I'd get some other links to add to it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Asap

Anyone know where could get adult coaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Asap wrote: »

The Westwood in Clontarf/Fairview do coaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Warren Atkins

Asap wrote: »

Hi,

My name is Warren and I am currently living in dublin. I was all ireland tennis champion for 2 years and am interested in coaching up here. I used to coach both adults and children in Castlebar.

If you are looking for lessons do not hesititate to call me on 0861790100

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

All Ireland Tennis Champion! Oh really.

I have never heard of such a competion. When and where did you win this honour.

All Ireland Tennis Champion! Oh really.

I have never heard of such a competion. When and where did you win this honour.

Hey,

Well yea iv been playing tennis all my life and have played all irish competitions which are mostly based here in dublin. Have you heard of the Fitzwilliam championship?? Its the most prestegious competition in Ireland and is well recgonised if won. Thats where I obtained my number 1 position. Having wn I got the chance to travel with an Irish team abroad in European terms so as to compete in ETA's and ITF's......voila!!:)

warren i didnt mean to insult you. i was just stating that there is no all ireland championship. if you won fitz fair play to you, that is indeed a great honour. i googled you and see you were on a good dcu team also. im in no doubt that your playing standard is very good.

you will have to explain ''voila''. was that a way of showing me you proved a point?

warren i didnt mean to insult you. i was just stating that there is no all ireland championship. if you won fitz fair play to you, that is indeed a great honour. i googled you and see you were on a good dcu team also. im in no doubt that your playing standard is very good.

you will have to explain ''voila''. was that a way of showing me you proved a point?

God no...not at all.....no offence taken at all!!By voila...i meant "and that basically it, there you go" Its a french phrase...something that i tend to say quite a lot!!I think you may have picked me up the wrong way!!was not insulted at all!!Am more then happy that you were interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

good to see roger win another title...

• Advertisement

Another link that might be of interest

dublintennisleague.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TennisElite

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amyamy217

Hi, does anyone know of any public tennis courts around the sandymount area?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Amyamy217 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of any public tennis courts around the sandymount area?

There are public courts in Herbert Park. They're probably the closest to Sandymount. Railway Union have courts in Sandymount (Park Avenue) but I think you would need to be a member to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Pretty new to Tennis but am slowly improving. I think it is time for a half decent racket. How do I know what size grip / head / string set up / etc to go for!? So many options and I have no knowledge of how to choose! Any and all help welcome!

Advertisement