Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Xmas Prez

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Has anyone seen "smart keys" AAAAAjaFpnYAAAAAAIGK3Q.jpg they are for the Fisher Price Smart Link toy for kids for the internet. My sister is got the smart link for my nephews in Tesco but we cant seem to find the extra keys anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I already posted a list but just to add to it.

Mother in law. Watch
    Cousin. White gold cross
    friend. MAC make up brushes.
    Cousin. Guess wallet.
    Brothers OH. Dvd, sheet music and carved wooden sheet music box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Mum - no idea yet, she says she thought of something a few days ago but she's forgotten :rolleyes: She's IMPOSSIBLE to buy for!
    Edit: have decided to get her a Jemma Kid Make-up book, got great review, and some Agatha Christie Audio books from play.com for her train rides into work

Dad: A Steamer (yes for the kitchen, he's been asking for one for ages), a pair of UV glasses that help pick out white golf balls (TKMAxx) and I'm going to get him a voucher for a hot towel shave

Brother: Clothes. I'm the only family member he trusts to buy him clothes.

Boyfriend: Not telling in case he's reading :p

Nana: A lovely furry hot water bottle and I'll probably get her a nice Clarins hand cream or something

Grandma: No idea yet, she's my mother's mother, both ridiculously hard to shop for (as above)

Brother's G/F: A purple wool hairband and a gorgeous little heart-shaped bag from A-Wear

Friend: A bag, a hat and a necklace, in A-Wear

Boyf's Mother: A duvet (she wants it lol), and a really nice duvet cover set. Might get her a Yankee Candle too

Boyf's Sister: A box of lots of stuff - sheep slippers with foot lotion and scrub, a selection of the new Vichy Range for younger skin, a charm bracelet, and a cute wallet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Stupid me, I didn't see this thread and set up one of my own:mad:
    Anyway, here's my list so far
    10y son for his birthday - Ipod nano
    10y son christmas -Xbox
    11y nephew -Lego
    14y nephew -Ireland Rugby Shirt
    7y nephew -Wii game, Mario Bros
    5y nephen -Ben 10
    Wife (age withheld) - Iphone

12Y twin nieces ?????? We've got them books and clothes and jewlery so many times it would be good to get something else. Any Ideas please?
    Is there build a bear clothes available / alternative in Dublin City Centre? I don't have the time to go to Dundrum??

Family Kris Kindle. We haven't got our intended yet, but given I usually get the male members of the family, I'll probably get them a rugby DVD of Leinster or Ireland success in 2009

Finally, me! I'm getting a nice leather jacket and a pair of tennis shoes as I've recently started playing a lot again.

Alicat, I got a present of hot towel shave last year and when I opened it I thought "what a waste of time". But when I went and had it done (Grafton Barbar) I really really enjoyed it, so go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Is there build a bear clothes available / alternative in Dublin City Centre? I don't have the time to go to Dundrum??

Alicat, I got a present of hot towel shave last year and when I opened it I thought "what a waste of time". But when I went and had it done (Grafton Barbar) I really really enjoyed it, so go for it.

#1 I believe there's one or something similar in the St. Stephens Green SC, it a small spot just to the right of mothercare.

#2 Also with regards to the hot towel shave, I would highly recommend The Grooming Rooms on South William street, craicin place for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Trinny_Wicklow

Brother - Irish rugby fleece, book
    Sister - music
    Folks - still deciding

Had a read of this last night, not a bad read if you are buying something for someone and you know they will change it, a bit like Rachel from Friends! :)http://bit.ly/5sFKEf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Good wee idea for a thread!

12 y/o sister: Britney Spears perfume and some cool Topshop underwear
    Boyfriend: Jumper and shirt from River Island, tshirt from Arnotts project, scarf from Dunnes, iTrip, personalised Christmas decoration, gloves from Arnotts
    Boyfriend's younger sister: Sterling silver ring (special offer in local jewellers- €10! Yahoo!)
    Boyfriend's mum: Baylis & Harding bath set and cosmetics bag, fluffy bed socks from Dunnes
    Boyfriend's dad: Scarf and painted canvas from Dunnes
    My own parents: No idea whatsoever. Possibly tickets to see Billy Ocean

I love Christmas shopping, but I do hate my recessionary miniscule bank balance and budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

*groans I'm not organised at all with Xmas shopping! :(

- Sister - X Factor Live Ticket
    - BF - Reeling in the Years 90's, Music Trivia game [Dunnes], full length mirror for bedroom, ITrip and prob some smelly stuff
    - Dad - Clueless about what to get
    - Been with my bf over a year - should I get his parents something? I'd quite like to now that I saw someone on here was getting something - but what would I get? They're in their sixties.
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I would only get something for them if you are going to be in their house at some stage over Christmas. If you are not going to see them, then don't bother. Otherwise you could get something simple like a Newbridge Christmas candle
    http://www.newbridgesilverware.com/gift/ChristmasLighting/XMASLIGHT/0.aspx
    (not too expensive)
    Bring along a nice bottle of wine and you will be the perfect future daughter in law :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the slanket idea is brill - while the price of them was reasonable enough the cost of postage from the US brought the order of 2 up to 130 USD !!

so i googled the pattern - dead easy to run up on the sewing machine, and ordered 6 yards of a better minky fleece fabric with no postage for 40euro /59usd.... enough to make 2. His & hers ;-)

we are doing a kris kringle so far: limit 50 yoyos
    bro in law getting hugo boss belt from sis
    bro getting a rick stien asian cook book with the hard to get ingredients (ghee, tarmirind paste etc) in a hamper - great idea.
    sis getting a dressy clutch handbag.
    sis boyf getting nice tshirts (currently backpacking in rags)
    boyf getting a handmade slanket :-) plus a nice wallet

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Dad: Water Feature for the Garden

Mam: Wall Mountable CD Player

Brother: Breakfast Hamper for two

The Boy: Cant say, he stalks my posts

Granny: A Tin of Roses and a bottle of Vodka

Aunt 1: V. heavy pestle and Mortor/large christmas candle for centre
    of table (requested by her)

Aunt 2: Large Lantern for the Garden

In-laws: Chocolate covered Mikkdos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

irishbird wrote: »
    Granny: A Tin of Roses and a bottle of Vodka

That just conjures up a great image :D Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

Not finished yet but so far :

Mam: her fave perfume cuz I noticed she was running out, a spa day and an IOU voucher as shes really helped me out a lot this year :)

Bro (27) bottle of 11yr old rare Middleton whiskey. He'll be a happy man!

Other Bro (25) no idea-probably something music related!

BF - Flying lesson (apparently its really hands-on, and I figure itd be a fun experience!), proper old skool wooden pipe (still trying to find an affordable one), slippers and a copy of the financial times (with nuts magazine hidden in the mid pages) plus a silly hat cuz we always buy eachothr silly hats at xmas.

Friends all going out for dinner/nite out instead of exchanging pressys. More affordable, more fun!

Advertisement