Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the power of aftershave/purfume?

• 08-08-2004 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

this might sound silly...so be patient

isnt it amazing how your overall thought of a person is magnified 20 fold when they are wearing aftershave/perfume?

its a strange way of thinking in a sense that when you smell the aroma...one of the first thought i have is...that person is really clean!...lol...

they could have a bunch of garlic shoved down there pants and ud still think the same...lol..

its a major turn on for me anyways.....in a way..id be really dissapointed if a girl i was going on a date with didnt wear it!

what you guys think? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I actually quite like raw garlic, but I used to get ostracised by my family when I'd munched a clove of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

prefer to smell a woman's true scent tbh.
    masking it with nasty smelling ****e is anything but a turn on for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

hmmm... a liking for B.O?..

that cant be healthy...

People like all sorts of smells, but not wearing perfume hardly implies BO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

A person wearing perfume of aftershave doesn't neccessarily mean that they're clean. We all know people who go out having taken a "Lynx shower" to cover up BO or other nasty odours rather than taking the time to shower/bathe.

Perfume/Aftershave also masks the bodies pheromones. A very powerful tool in "the mating game".

The fact though that smell is such a poweful tool when it comes to memory means that a persons scent, be it perfume, shmpoo etc., could trigger memories/emotions in future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

if you can tell me a 'womans true scent' ecksor...ill take it back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mustn't... make... a... fish... joke...

Damn...

Teddi wrote:
    if you can tell me a 'womans true scent' ecksor...ill take it back..

That would depend on the woman, wouldn't it? Everyone smells differently which depends on a lot of things. I'm just pointing out that not wanting someone to wear perfume doesn't imply that you like BO (which is caused by not bathing as opposed to not wearing perfume).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmm, tbh I prefer folks who aren't covered in chemically scented crap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I find someone wearing cologne to be a huge turn on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Stark wrote:

Have to agree with you on this one, girls will always look twice at a guy if he has a nice fresh smell of aftershave off of him -

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Er... not all of us.

I'd rather be able to tell if the guy is clean than wonder if this cologne/aftershave is masking something unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I've only ever come across one guy that I liked the natural sent of ... he didn't use any soaps, shampoos .. anything.. but he had a strangly underwhelming musky sent.

Besides that ... yes .. sents are most attractive. The girls always have their signature sent. Now without the smoking ban you can smell really easy ... be it good or bad.. so its really nice when someone walks by ... or leans in to talk to you and they smell good. I think when something smells good it appears more edible ;)

I wouldn't be without my purfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Stark wrote:

Same here. As long as it's not Polo Sport. ;)

Advertisement