Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying Make-up on the Internet

• 27-07-2004 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Sooooooooo pleased to see Fashion/Appearance finally up and running, imagine the debate...the tips....the life enhancing fun we shall have!

I was wondering is anyone buys make-up off the internet. I've used strawberrynet.com a couple of times (good value and service, Eight Hour Cream @€;15.00, it's €25.00 in the shops), but their range is a little limited. Anyone know of/used any other sites ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

A few of my friends get their make up from MAC Cosmetics. They seem happy enough with them so they might be an other option. Haven't compared prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

check out www.wowwoman.com
    they seem to be good value too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Originally posted by Amz
    A few of my friends get their make up from MAC Cosmetics. They seem happy enough with them so they might be an other option. Haven't compared prices though.

Are you living in Ireland?? Coz MAC cosmetics don't deliver to Ireland, only USA (unfortunately)

I like Strawberrynet for prices, but i agree that they have limited stock so i use eBay for most of my make-up purchases. MAC, Lancome, Bobbi Brown etc.. are SO much cheaper in the states.

The only thing i ever bought off wowwoman.com was the Chanel eyeshadow quad coz its MUCH cheaper there than shops in Ireland & than strawberrynet.com
    For LOW end make up (L'oreal, Maybelline, Revlon) check out saveonmakeup.co.uk they've great prices & they deliver to Ireland for FREE. Prices are in £STG though

Wish there was more sites that would deliver to Ireland

I'm Ireland yeah, perhaps my mates get it sent over frome relatives *shrug*

As I've such a pale complection I prefer to try stuff in the shop before I'll buy it so haven't considered the internet for make up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

That's true , but it has to be said you can't beat it for value and it's great for repeat purchasing, so you know what you're getting.

• Advertisement

Oh I've no doubt, if I could be confident I'd be able to buy something decent and know I'm not going to end up looking like a corpse in a funeral parlour after application I'd definitely go for it!

Someday maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

another site both myself and sis have used is saveonmakeup.co.uk.
    free delivery to the emerald isle if memory serves me right!

Advertisement