Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Not saying it's not important just imo it is not as relevant as ball striking(or tee to green).
    Anyway it's not like he is a 4/1 shot. 50/1 is too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I like the 4/5 on winning score higher than 10.5.

Also with the good conditions today I like the 11/1 on Fleetwood and 28/1 on Holmes for a bogey free round for interest.

Over 10.5 should be home and hosed despite the weather incoming tomorrow. Fair play to Fleetwood no bogies was impressive, pity about JB.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Went for Rahm and McIlroy as my main. Then my usuals of poulter, Lowry and fowler. All bets various amounts e/w

I'm a very happy camper going into the final day
    1. Shane €5 e/w @ 45/1
    T6. Fowler €5 e/w @ 35/1
    T8. Rahm €10 e/w @ 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Top Australasian: Fox

You the man Ryan.:D TBH I had pretty much given up on the bet with Cameron Smith at -4 after 14 (Fox finished -2) but when I scanned down the leaderboard half an hour later I couldn't find him:P, must have fallen apart over the last few holes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Where did you get him @ 50?

Boyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The wife had Lowry and Reed each way. I has Fowler. About 200 quid up all in all, we did alright

Trying to take a few flyers on the chasing pack going into the weekend. Want to take on some of the top few as think they are far to short.

That being said I think Lowry should be favorite so have backed him at 15/2.

DJ at 30/1 5 places
    Xander at 40/1 5 places
    Finau at 50/1 5 places.

I do have JT pre tournament at 33/1 10 places so chance of a place on him. With an extremely outside win chance.

This worked out quite well in the end.
    Full place on Finau at 50/1 and Lowry win only at 15/2.

JT should have been a full place as well if not for making clean **** of the 17th with a triple :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Reminder all

If Aftertiming, please post picture of your actual bet or do not post at all...per Thread rules

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tony F @ 33's e/w for st jude

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Small each way bet on Horschel at 50's

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

i have monty for the seniors at 25, charlie hull for the evian at 90 and hatton for the st jude at 60

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I did Thomas and Matsuyama for the St Jude and Martin Trainer @ 200/1 for the Barracuda, he likes high altitude.
    Did a very small double on Berger and Putnam to reverse titles, Putnam won the Barracuda last year and Berger the St Jude which was not a wgc event.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I did Thomas and Matsuyama for the St Jude and Martin Trainer @ 200/1 for the Barracuda, he likes high altitude.
    Did a very small double on Berger and Putnam to reverse titles, Putnam won the Barracuda last year and Berger the St Jude which was not a wgc event.

DJ won the St Jude last year. Berger won it 2 years ago and the year before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Londyn Sweet Week

A bit short, but still a 20% price advantage on one certain book with Koepka@12 (stnd. 6pl 1/5).

Meanwhile, elsewhere BS are generous these days with e/w e.g. 8pl (Barracuda): Saunders@51.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Londyn Sweet Week

A bit short, but still a 20% price advantage on one certain book with Koepka@12 (stnd. 6pl 1/5).
    If one certain single book wants to offer a free 20% price bounty on the current WR1, it would be rude not to.
    IEQSbrC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Small each way bet on Horschel at 50's

Was right in contention until a terrible R4..

Gonna stick with him this week, only available around 20/1 but not many others stand out bedside Webb Simpson who is very short

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

Went for small bets on Todd, Fitzpatrick, Phil (novelty), and Simpsons e/w for the US Open. Backed JT to win.

I'll enjoy Winged Foot tearing them apart.

Really like Matsuyama, Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood and Kaymer in this.
    Of the big outsiders, the fourth member of that great college group Brandon Wu could be dangerous and Rasmus Hojgaard has been the star of European golf since the restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Matsuyama
    Rose
    Fowler

Small each way

Mcilroy watson and dechambeau to miss cut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Casey, bubba, phil, kaymar and An Byeong Hun.

All win only on the exchanges, i will wait until sat/sun before dropping the wads on someone in the mix .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Blew a fiver on lowry as well, I would hate to be the chunt that didn't back him either.

He hasnt a hope either. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nibbling at Wu e/w and Kaymer top European

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FINAU + MATSUYAMA

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

finau simpson xander.

Why is simpson being tipped? accuracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Sami Valimaki 57 at 906 for me.

Another good young golfer and played pretty well after a bad start in the Andalucia Masters which would suggest he can handle a test like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Bryson & Xander to both make top 10 10/1
    Xander top 5 10/3
    Wu EW 150/1

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Got Brandon Wu at 150/1 for first round leader. -1 after 7 so starting to get sweaty but this golf course would cause all sorts of mayham

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Schauffele & Berger e/w
    Cut to be +8 or worse (Course is playing worryingly easy so far given all the talk this week so this could be dust)

Schauffele over Bryson R1
    JT over Rory R1
    Tiger to miss the cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

+5 after 6 holes. Time to pack the bags.

Advertisement