Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BREXIT IS TRIGGERED, the countdown begins today . . . . . . .

• 29-03-2017 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, of course we not in the UK and we are not directly involved in Brexit, but we do have a border with the UK, and an awful lot of our trade is with the UK. Which ever way you look at it, we here in the ROI will be greatly affected by Brexit > and the two year countdown begins today!

000dd3fd-800.jpg

Irish exports to the UK, Imports from the UK, (Online shopping) fisheries, food & drink, beef, farming, tariffs, hard border/soft border? loss of jobs, (or a massive boost to Irelands economy)? immigration, emegration, border posts, there are literally hundreds of things to discuss about Brexit and its effect on Ireland/N.Ireland & Scotland.

It is/will be a massive event for Ireland as well as the UK, but are we ready to tackle the consequences?

Thoughts please.... are you upbeat, downbeat, cautious, eager, angry, don't care?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

• Registered Users Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bleedin furinurs tellin us wot to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Winterlong wrote: »

The title of that other thread Brexit "The Gift Shop (No name calling)" is not the best.
    This thread lays down a marker as the day Brexit was triggered.

Specially in relation to IRELAND & the consequences for IRELAND.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Only part I care about is the potential for trouble in the border counties. Apart from that, good riddance and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Only part I care about is the potential for trouble in the border counties. Apart from that, good riddance and best of luck.

What about planning for the massive influx of jobs from the City of London, are we ready for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

This story is going to grow legs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

LordSutch wrote: »
    Yes, of course we not in the UK...

Maybe some day, eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

https://www.facebook.com/EPPGroup/videos/10154532798547689/

This Video Sums it up for me.

An eloquent and thoughtful and thought provoking speech while the guy next to him plays with his phone and stares off into the distance eating his nails.

When Britain goes to the wall economically this right wing stupidity will be shown for what it truly is. Idiots who lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My sentiment exactly. Hope the door doesn't hit them on the arse on the way out.

Someone needs to remind them that they're no longer an Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Definitely have an interest, as I think it's going to have big effect on us.

Plus, as someone who earns in NI, and who has to cross the border every day, it's going to affect me personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

LordSutch wrote: »
    What about planning for the massive influx of jobs from the City of London, are we ready for that?

Huh?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One thread on the political subject of BREXIT is enough for AH. There is the Politics Cafe for this type of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement