Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA & Repating!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

mud wrote: »
    Is it a core module or an elective?

None of my modules were optional, so I don't suspect it was elective, but I will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I hope you get on ok with it. Repeats are a balls and there are a lot of reasons for repeating. Maybe drop your course head a line and see if they can shed some light. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

hey so i repeated a module that i failed first semester. but i don't think it faired so well my overall qca is 1.9. what happens if i do fail it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

itgirl268 wrote: »
    hey so i repeated a module that i failed first semester. but i don't think it faired so well my overall qca is 1.9. what happens if i do fail it again?

Your QCA has to be above 2.0 to progress so you will have to do a link in module

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Your QCA has to be above 2.0 to progress so you will have to do a link in module

How do I go about that?

• Advertisement

How do I go about that?

Im not sure because Ive never had to do one myself. But I imagine if you do fail the repeat, SAA will instruct you what to do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

How do I go about that?

When the results are out, go to SAA and discuss doing a link in (you might have to talk to your course director, I'm not 100% on that because I had to do it because modules changed when I failed). You then go and get a Link-In Registration Form from those little pigeon holes beside the Fees Office. You fill that out, pay the fees for the module, and hand it in to the Fees Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

So, despite my previous thoughts, I did quite well in my final exam and achieved a 2.89 QCA, which has brought a new challenge :P.

Typically the discretionary section is within 0.10 for application for awards. I'm 0.11... Any idea if it's worth my while still applying for a 2.1 award and how to go about doing it?

Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

You don't apply for a higher award - the faculty decide at the grading meeting whether you should receive it or not. If you were repeating to clear an I-grade they might consider it depending on your other work, but if you were clearing a fail grade then I'd say you take what you got and run with it.

Slugs wrote: »
    So, despite my previous thoughts, I did quite well in my final exam and achieved a 2.89 QCA, which has brought a new challenge :P.

Typically the discretionary section is within 0.10 for application for awards. I'm 0.11... Any idea if it's worth my while still applying for a 2.1 award and how to go about doing it?

Cheers! :D

You won't be put in front of the exam board if your more than 0.1 away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 irishgal07

hey guys, got my UL results today and I'm not very happy...
    I got 1 F, 1D2, C1,C2 and a C3.
    Qca is 1.64
    If i repeat the F and the D2 and come out with a C3 will i get a @.0 qca?
    Please someone help, I'm so upset! some guidance as to if i can get my 2.0 would make me very happy

irishgal07 wrote: »
    hey guys, got my UL results today and I'm not very happy...
    I got 1 F, 1D2, C1,C2 and a C3.
    Qca is 1.64
    If i repeat the F and the D2 and come out with a C3 will i get a @.0 qca?
    Please someone help, I'm so upset! some guidance as to if i can get my 2.0 would make me very happy

Depends on your sem 1 QCA. Your overall QCA needs to be 2. You have to repeat the F. The D2 is worth 1.4 IIRC, so a C3 is a big boost to a 2.0 if you'd like to repeat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishgal07

Hi Gumbi,
    It was 2.4 last semester?

irishgal07 wrote: »
    Hi Gumbi,
    It was 2.4 last semester?

Technically you could just repeat your F, and you'd have a QCA of 2.08 for the second sem. So your overall QCA would be 2.4 + 2.08 divided by 2 for the overall QCA. You can also repeat your D2, which would bring your second sem QCA up to 2.14.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Are you allowed more than 2 D1's in a semester without having to repeat one of them?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

marno21 wrote: »
    Are you allowed more than 2 D1's in a semester without having to repeat one of them?

Once QCA is above 2.0, yes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Once QCA is above 2.0, yes.
    Fantastic stuff, have 3 of them so not having an extra repeat is brilliant.

Advertisement