Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Player is Live!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 donnyd

The GAA sports and interviews playback on realplayer perfectly. Does anyone know why then the playback of programmes like Late Late Show etc are intermittent when broadcasting from England? Is the former not reliant on download speed the same as the latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

donnyd wrote: »
    Also,
    This is a stupid question but is there any way to access the Ireland only content on the RTE player when in UK?

Yes. You need an Irish proxy to go through (It will cost you a few euro per month). have a google for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

donnyd wrote: »
    The GAA sports and interviews playback on realplayer perfectly. Does anyone know why then the playback of programmes like Late Late Show etc are intermittent when broadcasting from England? Is the former not reliant on download speed the same as the latter?

I haven't had a problem with the playback speed of the Late Late but it's been a few weeks since I watched it. Same with Operation Transformation. It plays like a dream for me :) I'm on an 'up to' 8Mbps line averaging about 6Mbps, with Talk Talk broadband, in East Anglia.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Does anyone know if it is possible to add the TG4 player onto the PS3?

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=Faisneis

Rgds,

D.

Dummy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to add the TG4 player onto the PS3?

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=Faisneis

Rgds,

D.

Not sure you can add a direct link that will show up under 'TV' but you should be able to put the URL into the browser and visit from there. That is basically how the RTE Player and BBC iPlayer 'apps' on PS3 work, they just open the internet browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Can you use the BBC iPlayer in Ireland via the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

if you have a PSN UK account you will see it then, otherwise you won't

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I haven't had a problem with the playback speed of the Late Late but it's been a few weeks since I watched it. Same with Operation Transformation. It plays like a dream for me :) I'm on an 'up to' 8Mbps line averaging about 6Mbps, with Talk Talk broadband, in East Anglia.
    where abouts in east anglia are you r3nu4l? i grew up in Ely. :)

CorkMan wrote: »
    Can you use the BBC iPlayer in Ireland via the PS3?
    akamossie wrote: »
    if you have a PSN UK account you will see it then, otherwise you won't
    Although BBC are hoping to launch a global player next year (I think). They are talking about it being subscription based though...
    vibe666 wrote: »
    where abouts in east anglia are you r3nu4l? i grew up in Ely. :)
    Ha ha, I work in Cambridge :) Lovely part of the world this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, it's really lovely especially with a bit of snow.

i got some great pics of the cathedral in the snow last xmas when i was over visiting my mum. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement