Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain at Argos Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

online catalogue is sparse on details? Is the kitlens that they are providing really the Canon EF-S 17-85mm F4-5.6 IS USM? Because I don't see any mention of any other 17-85mm Canon lens and if it is, the Argos deal is only about 90E less than Kea would want for the same deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Calina... and if you know a staff member you could get 10% ... 1350 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I don't know any staff members, sorry. I live in a very rarefied world.

but dammit...it's some deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

The lens is now priced at €589.99 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

f1_jb wrote: »
    Just browsing the new Argos Catalogue and they have the Canon 40D 17mm-85mm kit for €1499.99 which beats any shop that I know off and also if you looking for a compact they have the Canon G9 for €439.49, this is a great price for a super compact which I bought because it shoot RAW and it's handy on nights out instead of hauling my 30D around. I only bought a G9 just after christmas and it cost me €579 witha 2gb card but I still feel ripped off now. I just wonder if its a pricing mistake ? we will know if there always out of stock.

Checked both cameras and both where there in 3 Dublin Extra stores to reserve today so I guess it a good buy if your looking for either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Cityexile. You could still possibly get one, if you use the ring and reserve service 01-2161616 and check if there is stock of the old catalogue number 058/1536 at your nearest extra store
    There was one in Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Looks like the old price was a misprint. Fair play to Argos.

Advertisement