Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bringing up grades

Options
  • 25-02-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm after reveiving my mock results .. Pretty awful because I was hoping to do much better,my overall result was 490 however I'm looking for 570 in the actual leaving cert (plannig to do Dentistry) that's a huge difference .. What should I do now to try to bring my grades up when there's only four months left.
    I'm applying for the HEAR scheme which means I could get away with 540 points but I can't rely on that. I need help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I'm after reveiving my mock results .. Pretty awful because I was hoping to do much better,my overall result was 490 however I'm looking for 570 in the actual leaving cert (plannig to do Dentistry) that's a huge difference .. What should I do now to try to bring my grades up when there's only four months left.
    I'm applying for the HEAR scheme which means I could get away with 540 points but I can't rely on that. I need help :(

I don't think you will get into dentistry with 540 points . The points for dentistry were lower than usual this year I feel reflecting somewhat the drop in medicine points. This years UCC class is very big compared to usual also. I think the points might go up next year.

I think only one or two people got the hear scheme reduced points in my class this year. Remember that a lot of us scored more points than we needed!

Reconsider your logic re hear scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dominique321

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I don't think you will get into dentistry with 540 points . The points for dentistry were lower than usual this year I feel reflecting somewhat the drop in medicine points. This years UCC class is very big compared to usual also. I think the points might go up next year.

I think only one or two people got the hear scheme reduced points in my class this year. Remember that a lot of us scored more points than we needed!

Reconsider your logic re hear scheme.

Therefore I should be aiming for 575+ Right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Well it's impossible to tell really .
    It's all speculation.
    Would it suprise me if the points went up this year ? No
    I would guess that they would either go up or stay the same.

My initial point was that only a small number of people get in off the hear scheme as far as I know . So I wouldn't bank on it .

Try and aim for what ever the points were last year or more to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dominique321

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Well it's impossible to tell really .
    It's all speculation.
    Would it suprise me if the points went up this year ? No
    I would guess that they would either go up or stay the same.

My initial point was that only a small number of people get in off the hear scheme as far as I know . So I wouldn't bank on it .

Try and aim for what ever the points were last year or more to be safe.

If I don't get my points reduced I'll be in big trouble :(

Advertisement