Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2020, 16:51   #181
Fompi

I'll just bring a few boxes tomorrow... my plan is to measure the whole appartment and go to Ikea for bookshelves, desk etc... I really wish we would have had the floor plan with the surface areas instead of doing that last minute but that's part of the excitement I guess
I've rented a van on Friday, and hopefully there won't be too many people on that day? It could be really messy is everyone is using the lift at the same time...
Anyway, will let you know how it goes
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 17:13   #182
b4y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
I'll just bring a few boxes tomorrow... my plan is to measure the whole appartment and go to Ikea for bookshelves, desk etc... I really wish we would have had the floor plan with the surface areas instead of doing that last minute but that's part of the excitement I guess
I've rented a van on Friday, and hopefully there won't be too many people on that day? It could be really messy is everyone is using the lift at the same time...
Anyway, will let you know how it goes
I'll get the key tomorrow and I'll measure the whole apartment too before to get bookshleves, etc.
However, I'll start to move my stuff on Wednesday and my plan is to complete everything by Friday afternoon bringing TV's/PC's and the dog
17-02-2020, 17:15   #183
b4y

BTW, did you receive any further email/confirmation from Vesta about tomorrow?
17-02-2020, 18:17   #184
Fompi

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4y View Post
BTW, did you receive any further email/confirmation from Vesta about tomorrow?
No, I was just confirmed last week that we can pick up the keys from 7:30. I'll go around 9

See you tomorrow probably
Thanks from:
18-02-2020, 13:29   #185
OutlanderWitch

Best of luck to everyone moving in today. I have another 40 days to go! If anyone gets a chance, could someone do a speed test on their apartment wifi? Would love to know what speeds they are providing.
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 14:09   #186
Jimmy Gian

Hi guys. Are all the apartments that supposed to be ready today are actually delivered to the tenants? I am moving in at the end of March and I must inform my current landlord that I am moving. Should I do that with confidence or I will end up staying in a hotel in April....?
Best luck for everyone!
18-02-2020, 15:10   #187
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Gian View Post
Hi guys. Are all the apartments that supposed to be ready today are actually delivered to the tenants? I am moving in at the end of March and I must inform my current landlord that I am moving. Should I do that with confidence or I will end up staying in a hotel in April....?
Best luck for everyone!
Today is the first wave of move in dates and no delays.

I would say it’s pretty likely they will meet the March move in dates.
Thanks from:
18-02-2020, 17:15   #188
Fompi

So I got the keys this morning, it was quick and easy. Wi-Fi worked straight away (I'll try to do a speed test when I come back tonight or tomorrow). At first I was a bit disappointed because it looked smaller than I thought it would be and it's quite hard to add furniture, there is a radiator everywhere I could have put a bookshelf or a desk... So after lots of thinking and measurements, we figured something but it's not easy. I'd say it won't be a problem if you don't need to add furniture, but unfortunately I do!
It was also not as clean as I was expecting a new appartment to be and it was a big mistake not to bring my hoover, it's really dusty but not the end of the world either, it's probably that I had too high expectations?! The TV furniture is right in the corner in between the wall and the radiator, not ideal but again, we can live with it

I took pictures for you guys: https://imgur.com/a/lA4D1bB

As you can see it's super bright even with this weather and that's one of the reasons why I chose this one, not disappointment regarding the light for sure
Painting is still going on in the common areas but everyone is really nice and helpful
(3) thanks from:
18-02-2020, 17:29   #189
Mr.S

Interesting choice of location for that radiator in the living room beside the TV stand!?

I hope they are putting a lamp shade in that ceiling lamp in the bedroom

The balconies look massive!
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 17:30   #190
cisk

Made the news https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0218/11...ents-twinlite/
18-02-2020, 17:31   #191
Fompi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Interesting choice of location for that radiator in the living room beside the TV stand!?

I hope they are putting a lamp shade in that ceiling lamp in the bedroom
yeah it's weird isn't it! You sit on the couch and you have a nice view on this big radiator

I'll put a lamp shade indeed...
18-02-2020, 17:33   #192
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
yeah it's weird isn't it! You sit on the couch and you have a nice view on this big radiator

I'll put a lamp shade indeed...
Overall looks pretty decent though, are you happy?

Once you start to make it “your own” I’d say they will look fab.
18-02-2020, 17:43   #193
RubyGlee

Nearly 2k for a 2 bed wow. Is that average price in Dublin now?
18-02-2020, 17:45   #194
vriesmays

Sound-proof party room.
18-02-2020, 17:50   #195
Fompi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Overall looks pretty decent though, are you happy?

Once you start to make it “your own” I’d say they will look fab.
I think I am yes. It's weird, because our first impression was "oh it's small", "oh it's not that clean", but then you're right, we just need to make it our own. I think there was so much waiting without actually see the place that I had something else in my mind.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion