Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Hi BigMicky

No problem at all, what type of mattress would you recommend for a 5 year old? Ideally not super firm?

Hi

You don't want anything that is too deep. A good choice could be the Breasley Junior or Easy. Junior is 125 euro and Easy is 149 euro.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi gooner99

AS posted above , The Hilton 3000 is great value. Double price is only 349 euro. If you want to spend a bit less then The Vogue at 299 euro is also a good mattress.

Bigmickey.ie

Hi Bigmickey,

Thanks for the reply a few weeks back.

Hoping to order one of these this week for delivery to Donegal. Do you have doubles of them in stock. How long would delivery be?

Looking to replace our old mattress and memory foam topper combo and hoping to avoid the need for a topper this time. Leaving the price aside would you recommend the hilton over the vogue for back and hip pain?

Do you take away the old mattress when delivering up here?

Any boardsies got opinions or reviews of these two matresses. I see you guys seem to have bought a lot of these matresses.

Many thanks.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey,

Looking to order one of these this week for delivery to Donegal. Do you have doubles of them in stock?

Do you take away the old mattress when delivering uo here?

Leaving the price aside would you recommend the hilton over the vogue for back and hip pain?

Any boardsies got opinions. I see you guys seem to have bought a lot of these matresses.

Many thanks.

Hi gooner99

We have plenty of stock and yes we can take away the old mattress. Both mattress are big sellers for us. The Hilton is super value as there is 200 euro off the normal price of these. This mattress should not be confused with other mattresses called Hilton as all are different manufacturers. The only problem is that we were in Donegal yesterday and cleared out all deliveries for that area so don't want to mess you around if you need it this week. If you pm me your eircode I will see what can be done. We offer free delivery when we have a number of orders for the same area.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

We are delighted with our new bed and sofabed, thanks Big Mickey. We are sleeping really well and my back problems have improved already. Your delivery men were so quick and precise manoeuvering large items through small doors and around sharp angles. They set everything up the in no time and took away the old beds and every scrap of packaging.

Also, we were looking back over our original research into buying a new bed pre-lockdown when we were visiting furniture shops in Dublin/Wicklow. We worked out that we have saved several hundred euro and ended up with a better quality mattress and base than we would have had if we had shopped elsewhere. It has been a pleasure to do business with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

We are delighted with our new bed and sofabed, thanks Big Mickey. We are sleeping really well and my back problems have improved already. Your delivery men were so quick and precise manoeuvering large items through small doors and around sharp angles. They set everything up the in no time and took away the old beds and every scrap of packaging.

Also, we were looking back over our original research into buying a new bed pre-lockdown the when we were visiting furniture shops in Dublin/Wicklow. We worked out that we have saved several hundred euro and ended up with a better quality mattress and base than we would have had if we had shopped elsewhere. It has been a pleasure to do business with you.

Which mattress did you go with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

We chose the Royale Natural 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gavin_

Hi bigmickey.ie,

Great thread, amazing to see such customer obsession. Please can you recommend me something in stock that would meet my needs?

- Double mattress (sprung)
    - Orthopaedic because I'm really suffering from lower back pains
    - Want something that I can turn regularly to keep it feeling new
    - Suitable to put on a frame bed with slats
    - 300-500eur budget (with a little bit of flexibility if there's a big jump for only a little extra)

I'm based in South Dublin

Thank you!
    Gavin

Also, we were looking back over our original research into buying a new bed pre-lockdown when we were visiting furniture shops in Dublin/Wicklow. We worked out that we have saved several hundred euro and ended up with a better quality mattress and base than we would have had if we had shopped elsewhere. It has been a pleasure to do business with you.

Hi Scribbler100

Delighted to hear that you are happy with your purchases and our service. Thanks for the business

Bigmickey Team

gavin_ wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey.ie,

Great thread, amazing to see such customer obsession. Please can you recommend me something in stock that would meet my needs?

- Double mattress (sprung)
    - Orthopaedic because I'm really suffering from lower back pains
    - Want something that I can turn regularly to keep it feeling new
    - Suitable to put on a frame bed with slats
    - 300-500eur budget (with a little bit of flexibility if there's a big jump for only a little extra)

I'm based in South Dublin

Thank you!
    Gavin

Hi Gavin

The best value mattress in an Orthopaedic range is the Hilton 3000. It's a pocket sprung mattress. Not to be confused with other named Hilton mattresses that are available in other shops. You can turn and rotate this mattress. One side Ortho and the other side memory. Currently around 200 euro discount and only 349 euro for a double. Free delivery and if ordered tomorrow then you would have in a few days.......... and you still have 150 euro left for when all the pubs open :):):)

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gavin_

Hi Gavin

The best value mattress in an Orthopaedic range is the Hilton 3000. It's a pocket sprung mattress. Not to be confused with other named Hilton mattresses that are available in other shops. You can turn and rotate this mattress. One side Ortho and the other side memory. Currently around 200 euro discount and only 349 euro for a double. Free delivery and if ordered tomorrow then you would have in a few days.......... and you still have 150 euro left for when all the pubs open :):):)

Bigmickey Team

Thanks for the recommendation Bigmickey. Can you tell me how many springs it has and whether they are micro springs?

I saw on your sister site that it's an upgrade of the Hilton 2000, is that the same 2000 you called out in an earlier post for only having ~600 springs despite the name (/showpost.php?p=109049306&postcount=1033 -- sorry I can't put the whole URL since I'm a new user)

Is the 3000 a different manufacturer or same manufacturer but a worthy upgrade?

Thanks again

Gavin

• Advertisement

gavin_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation Bigmickey. Can you tell me how many springs it has and whether they are micro springs?

I saw on your sister site that it's an upgrade of the Hilton 2000, is that the same 2000 you called out in an earlier post for only having ~600 springs despite the name (/showpost.php?p=109049306&postcount=1033 -- sorry I can't put the whole URL since I'm a new user)

Is the 3000 a different manufacturer or same manufacturer but a worthy upgrade?

Thanks again

Gavin

Hi Gavin

There are many manufacturers using the same name or very similar names on beds and mattresses. You will find names like Diamond, Sapphire, Emerald and so on. NONE of these will be the same. THey could be budget type or they could cost over 3000 euro. The same applies to Hilton. Currently these are about 6 different Hilton mattresses on sale in Rep. of Ireland. A different manufacturer makes each one. Some are open coil spring, some are pocket sprung and one I know of is just foam. Some are just one sided and some are twin sided. There are two dfferent Hilton 2000 mattresses on offer in different shops. None of these can be turned. Our Hilton 3000 has fillings both sides so they can be turned. One side of this mattress is Orthopaedic and the other side is memory. The spring count is 1000 full length pocket springs in a Kingsize. It does not have any micro springs. Micro springs are tiny springs that manufacturers use to increase the spring count so that when you look at the label, you think WOW but its a bid of a sales trick I feel. We prefer to sell mattresses that you can turn as they are generally problem free. Some of the non turms dip far too early in their lifetime.

Hope this helps.

PS The Hilton 2000 that we sell is a totally diferent mattress that the one refererred to in the post some time ago. Different manufacturer. Has a higher spring count. It's much heavier too. Ours has a 5 year warranty.

Bigmickey.ie

Gavin[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey Mickey,

Looking for a firm super king divan with headboard and 4 drawers in grey, basically exactly the colour and style you have in the photos on your website!

What sort of price am I looking at in South Dublin with an existing bed to be taken away?
    I might actually need two of them!
    Also do you do zipped mattresses?

Ruby.png

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey Mickey,

Looking for a firm super king divan with headboard and 4 drawers in grey, basically exactly the colour and style you have in the photos on your website!

What sort of price am I looking at in South Dublin with an existing bed to be taken away?
    I might actually need two of them!
    Also do you do zipped mattresses?

Ruby.png

Hi GreeBo

How it works is :

Base 299 euro

Drawers 40 euro each

Mattress extra

Standard Fabric included

Fabric upgrade €50 euro extra

Headboard like in image is floor standing and around 299 euro. You could get the safe effect with a strutted or wall mounted headboard for 199 euro

Delivery is free

Old bed removal 30 euro approx.

WE carry a big range of zip link mattresses in stock. We currently stock a Superkingsize Silentnight Hilton Suite Dreams zip link contract hotel mattress for only 499 euro. This mattress is a great price and also firm.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭try_again

Hi,
    Do you have the limelight picasso in a double (mink)? How high is the space under the bed?
    I was looking at mattresses today - would you have similar to these? In 4'6" - King Coil Posture Serene https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/mattresses/king-koil-mattresses/super-king-size-6-ft-pocket-visco-mattress-posture-serene.html or the spinal majestic
    https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/super-king-6-ft-mattress-spinal-majestic.html
    Delivery will be to Kilkenny and will you remove the bed that's there?
    Thank you

Hi

We generally keep it in stock but as today is a Bank Holiday I will have to check tomorrow for you. We have over 1000 mattresses always in stock so pretty sure we can get you sorted.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hi GreeBo

How it works is :

Base 299 euro

Drawers 40 euro each

Mattress extra

Standard Fabric included

Headboard like in image is floor standing and around 299 euro. You could get the safe effect with a strutted or wall mounted headboard for 199 euro

Delivery is free

Old bed removal 30 euro approx.

WE carry a big range of zip link mattresses in stock. We currently stock a Superkingsize Silentnight Hilton Suite Dreams zip link contract hotel mattress for only 499 euro. This mattress is a great price and also firm.

Bigmickey.ie

Hey!

Can you price same in King Size?

Cian

cian8 wrote: »
    Hey!

Can you price same in King Size?

Cian

Hi Cian8

Kingsize is :

Base 199 euro

Drawers 40 euro each

Mattress extra

Standard Fabric included

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Looking for King size bed and mattress. Wooden bed frame, with orthopedic mattress, as suffer from upper back pain, something firm but not too firm. In Louth and would want old mattress taken away as well, thanks.
    When you price same, could you price Double in same as above as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi BigMickey,
    I have a wooden slats bed, bought with a memory foam mattress. Threw the MF mattress out. I still have the bedframe. I put another mattress on it, and it is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on (luckily it is not main bed).
    Is there a mattress recommendation for kingsize wooden slats bed?

septicsac wrote: »
    Looking for King size bed and mattress. Wooden bed frame, with orthopedic mattress, as suffer from upper back pain, something firm but not too firm. In Louth and would want old mattress taken away as well, thanks.
    When you price same, could you price Double in same as above as well please.

Hi septicsac

Depends what budget you have for the mattress :

Vigue 349 euro

2 in 1 599 euro

Royal 3000 pocket 899 euro

Have a really decent wooden bed frame with a low footend for 299 euro

Give us a call at some stage 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey,
    I have a wooden slats bed, bought with a memory foam mattress. Threw the MF mattress out. I still have the bedframe. I put another mattress on it, and it is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on (luckily it is not main bed).
    Is there a mattress recommendation for kingsize wooden slats bed?

Hi Suckit

Most mattresses should be suitable for slatted beds. We have some Dormeo vacuum packed memory mattresses in Kingsize for 249 euro. The Hilton 3000 is great value for 399 euro in Kingsize. Give us a buzz 086 8356888

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

Hi

I'm looking for a 4'6" or 5' ottoman bed (hinged from headboard side) with firm quality mattress and headboard.

Alternatively non ottoman but with 2 drawers.

What is the best option?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thespecialon

Hi bigmickey,

Looking for a double ,firm orthopedic mattress
    Also looking for a super king ,firm mattress, particularly any type that promotes cooling

Thanks

corglass wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for a 4'6" or 5' ottoman bed (hinged from headboard side) with firm quality mattress and headboard.

Alternatively non ottoman but with 2 drawers.

What is the best option?

Thanks

Hi corglass

Is it a frame or a divan type that you are interested in ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hi bigmickey,

Looking for a double ,firm orthopedic mattress
    Also looking for a super king ,firm mattress, particularly any type that promotes cooling

Thanks

Hi thespecialon

We have a large selection. Are you looking for really firm or something with a bit of a give ? Are you on a budget ? At the upper end you could look at Royal 3000.It's quite firm and natural fillings.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Hi bigmickey,
    I suffer a lot with lower back and hip pain. I am looking for a double mattress. What would you recommend and do you deliver to Kinvara, Co. Galway?

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey,
    I suffer a lot with lower back and hip pain. I am looking for a double mattress. What would you recommend and do you deliver to Kinvara, Co. Galway?[/QUOTE

Hi galwaybabe

Yes, we deliver to Kinvara and it's free delivery. It's next to impossible for a sales person to pick a mattress for a customer. I know many shops do this and will advise a customer to buy a certain model but we try in most cases for the customer to choose the mattress themselves. Sometimes we lose the sale by telling the truth. Give me a call on 043 3341895 or 3345488 or 086 8356888 and will try my best to help you get the best mattress for your needs and your budget.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

First time buying a bed.
    6"3, 100kg

Budget €1000

Looking for bed and mattress, king size.

Can you make some suggestions and I'll review, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sorry, double post.

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    First time buying a bed.
    6"3, 100kg

Budget €1000

Looking for bed and mattress, king size.

Can you make some suggestions and I'll review, thanks.

Hi

Is it a divan set or a frame that you would like ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Advertisement