Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who constantly talk about themselves and show little to no interest in anyone elses.

I can cope with this. What I can't cope with is a the grilling some people give you!

People who constantly talk about themselves and show little to no interest in anyone elses.

This drives me insane.. They ask you a question about yourself and as soon as you start to answer they butt in and talk about themselves.. ass*oles.

People who go into detail telling you about their holidays or worse they start showing you photos, Im can't even feign interest in them at this stage, painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Something not hugely important but enough that the last 3 days Comes into my mind to search on google then I get distracted and forget about it and now of course when I’m trying to think what it is I don’t have a clue. Head wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

This drives me insane.. They ask you a question about yourself and as soon as you start to answer they butt in and talk about themselves.. ass*oles.

This.
    Theyre only asking you so they can talk more about themselves. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

That accent so many singers put on now. I can't articulate it other than the way "s" is pronounced "sh". But there are loads of other annoying elements. It's horrible!

This. I’m not sure we mean the same thing, but I’m constantly trying to point out this accent that (especially male) singers are doing now but can’t articulate my point.

This post makes me think of
    “bring it back,
    shing it back,
    bring it back
    shing it back to me” :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

This. I’m not sure we mean the same thing, but I’m constantly trying to point out this accent that (especially male) singers are doing now but can’t articulate my point.

“bring it back,
    shing it back,
    bring it back

And now i have that song in my head.Thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That accent so many singers put on now. I can't articulate it other than the way "s" is pronounced "sh". But there are loads of other annoying elements. It's horrible!

“ Yuu shay it besht when yuu shay nudding at alll “

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

snowgal wrote: »
    Something not hugely important but enough that the last 3 days Comes into my mind to search on google then I get distracted and forget about it and now of course when I’m trying to think what it is I don’t have a clue. Head wreck.

Oh , and things I don’t put on the shopping list as it’s so important that I tell myself I won’t forget it. Then I end up going around the whole store , bags and kids in tow trying to remember what it was. Only to remember when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

People who go into detail telling you about their holidays or worse they start showing you photos, Im can't even feign interest in them at this stage, painful.

I had a guy in work once spend about 40 minutes showing me photos of himself on tour with the army in the Antartic. Which sounds pretty cool until you realise it's just endless photos of snow. With some rocks. And a few penguins. For 40 minutes. I ran out of superlatives.

My TA today is a guy sending me the same email 3 times. At 9:50,9:56 and 9:59. There is no ****ing need. FFS lad I'm in the process of replying to the first one, gimme a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Snipp wrote: »
    Drivers in the far right lane doing the speed limit while a string of drivers pass on the eft hand side.

Yes, It's really annoying when drivers drive in the overtaking lane when they aren't overtaking anyone. Really annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

cjmc wrote: »
    Oh , and things I don’t put on the shopping list as it’s so important that I tell myself I won’t forget it. Then I end up going around the whole store , bags and kids in tow trying to remember what it was. Only to remember when I get home
    4 days I took a bus to the closest grocery store to buy something unusual but vital for my whimsical receipies.

Each day I walked around looking at each shelves and asking myself at the till, 'was there anything else I needed', still arrived back without it.
    Put it on the shopping list and forgot to consult the list!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

dubstarr wrote: »
    And now i have that song in my head.Thanks:D

You're not the only one......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Loud eaters. Swiftly followed by teeth pickers and those who make that kissy noise when their tongue is cleaning their front teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Loud eaters. Swiftly followed by teeth pickers and those who make that kissy noise when their tongue is cleaning their front teeth.

My son is a loud eater. When he was a child I tried my best to teach him that it was bad-mannered, inappropriate, unnecessary and above all that it drove me insane.

I failed miserably :(

He's now in his mid 20s and still inflicts this on me. Whenever I call him out over it, he says "Jesus, don't worry, I don't eat like this when I'm out" :mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I feel guilty posting this, as apart from this massively non-trivial annoying habit, he's a brilliant bloke.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you meet somebody who's really into cycling/running and they love it.(Which is fine) however they can't understand why you may not enjoy there past time and they keep on trying to sell it you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

When you meet somebody who's really into cycling/running and they love it.(Which is fine) however they can't understand why you may not enjoy there past time and they keep on trying to sell it you.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Soggy, undercooked chips. There is nothing worse, nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who do the lotto in Lidl can FRO. They slow everything right down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

“bring it back,
    shing it back,
    bring it back
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    “ Yuu shay it besht when yuu shay nudding at alll “
    The pronouncing "s" as "sh" has been around a long time - irritating as ever, but now there's this new stuff being added to it, creating a ludicrous sounding yoke. Presume it's an industry thing.

I prefer auto tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who do the lotto in Lidl can FRO. They slow everything right down.
    Oh god yes. They never seem to just "do the lotto" - they always have to do all this other stuff. Different types of cards, and then there's always a card they want which isn't there, and the sales assistant has to go looking for it, etc.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Be right back

Drivers that stay in the fast lane, making it difficult for drivers in the slow lane to pass out slower traffic ahead of them!!😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was going to come on here to state a pre-annoyance but I don't have to now, so it's been upgraded to a proper annoyance. It's the classic waiting for somebody to deliver and install something. Suppose to happen between 12 and 4, but then got a call at 3.15 to say that the person 'took ill, and had to go home'.

"So it'll be delivered tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well...or another day".

I took time off work this week to do stuff, and wanted to get this ticked off early. But now I am...:pac:

And the y, u, h, n, and m keys on my laptop are usually need to be thumped a few times before they will work. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was going to come on here to state a pre-annoyance but I don't have to now, so it's been upgraded to a proper annoyance. It's the classic waiting for somebody to deliver and install something. Suppose to happen between 12 and 4, but then got a call at 3.15 to say that the person 'took ill, and had to go home'.

"So it'll be delivered tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well...or another day".

I took time off work this week to do stuff, and wanted to get this ticked off early. But now I am...:pac:

And the y, u, h, n, and m keys on my laptop are usually need to be thumped a few times before they will work. :mad:

t at m st be reall a o i g

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The phrase "bore off"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

t at m st be reall a o i g
    Because I don't 'do' typos, it takes ages to post a reply. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in Next earlier and beside where I was browsing there was a woman trying on clothes and I could hear but not see a little girl behind the corner sitting down who I presume was her daughter. The woman was admiring herself for ages anyway and then went to get another pair of whatever in a different size, the young child who was about four followed her. Next thing I heard a massive bang and a loud cry and beside where the little girl was sitting was a little boy no more than one on the floor face down. He had fallen from the chair he was sitting on. I picked him up and the mother rushed back and gave her daughter a bollocking for leaving him sitting there and not waiting with him. Like the whole shop could hear this. The poor girl was distraught.

It literally took me all my might to not intervene and tell the mother it was actually her fault and she shouldn’t leave a 4 year old to supervise a little baby while she flithers off about the shop admiring herself. Could hear my boyfriend in my head telling me to mind my own business :D
    Poor kids. Still thinking about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

2 TA's today ...

#1. People answering questions with a 'yeah' when it wasnt a yes / no question ....
    eg "How was your holiday?" .... "Yeah. It was xyz". "Whats the weather like there?" .... "Yeah. Its grand / cr@p / etc"
    Its like they assume I asked a different question .... 'Was the weather nice?' Instead of what I actually said ....

#2. People not saying what they mean .... Guy in work today was 'collecting money for cancer' . He was gobsmacked when I wouldn't contribute , I said I was against it, dont like it, won't support it. He said the money goes to a good cause where they research cures .... I told him that that's not what he said originally, he said he was collecting for cancer not for anti-cancer, or xancer cure or cancer research. He said I was pedantic (NOT first times m I heard this!) .... But imagine if someone was 'collecting for hare coursing' ... Are they for it or against it?

*thx for reading my vent!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'm TA'D that I've accidentally gotten used to the new Boards mobile site without realising it :pac: I totally forgot that I was meant to be resisting it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The mobile site is fine. It is the responsive site you should avoid at all costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement