Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bespoke furniture selling question

• 07-06-2019 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have just started making some things out of oak barrel staves. I have some tealight holders and made a lamp and have some other projects in the pipeline. All stuff is handmade and all solid hardwood, like oak, walnut, maple etc.

My question is, where best to sell these items?

I have tried Facebook, with very little interest and I know there is a market for this stuff as it's all over Etsy. But I want to try and sell in Ireland specifically.

Does anybody have a list of craft fairs/markets around the country where I could have a stall to sell my wares? I am at a loss as to where to sell at this point.

Maybe I've posted this in the wrong section..? Perhaps a Mod could point me in a better place if necessary?

Here are some pics of my stuff. :)

Table lamp

Table lamp2

Tealight holder

Wine bottle holder

Drink Coasters

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could try with Adverts.ie. Also, if you contact the main town/city councils they should be able to give you a list of the crafts fairs/markets in their catchment areas (e.g., I'm thinking of the Rose Festival in St. Anne's Park in Dublin, or the market in Galway).

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Most town/city councils have little to no involvement in the vast majority of craft markets and fairs. If you go to IOMST's website, they would list a huge amount of these.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I only mentioned them because I thought that licences would have to be issued to run large events.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

New Home wrote: »
    I only mentioned them because I thought that licences would have to be issued to run large events.

Only for events held on local authority grounds. Licences are not required for private events which would be 95% plus of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Re the lamps. Not to be a kill joy but from memory any electrical goods for sale need to be either CE rated (premade) or installed by a certified electrician?

Another idea would be to approach any local trendy business, for wall space and work out a commission based agreement. Even our local Doc had artwork for sale on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Re the lamps. Not to be a kill joy but from memory any electrical goods for sale need to be either CE rated (premade) or installed by a certified electrician?

Thanks. I'll look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

IOMST will advise and re insurance for street markets etc.

Advertisement