Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,759 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I thought chemtrails were supposed to brainwash everyone into voting ff and fg?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did Stephen get too close to enligthening us all after that truth bomb?

Has Soros used his illuminati to capture Steve and sacrifice him to the lizard people?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did Stephen get too close to enligthening us all after that truth bomb?

Has Soros used his illuminati to capture Steve and sacrifice him to the lizard people?

I think hes hiding from the chentrails

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think hes hiding from the chentrails

we're calling them gemtrails now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just skimmed through the last few pages but are Rowan Croft fans seriously going with Chemtrail theory? I mean, it's up there with flat earther nonsense. Are they not aware that they need to rein in the crazy when speaking on a public forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some people simply can't handle the internet.

There seems to be some sort of weird phenomenon where people can't just adopt one nonsense ideology, they have to go catch 'em all so often you see the likes of Trumpists turn out to be anti-vaxxers, Brexiters, climate change deniers, flat earthers, Brexiters and more.

One daft imported US ideology seems insufficient for the social media generation.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

There seems to be some sort of weird phenomenon where people can't just adopt one nonsense ideology, they have to go catch 'em all so often you see the likes of Trumpists turn out to be anti-vaxxers, Brexiters, climate change deniers, flat earthers, Brexiters and more.

One daft imported US ideology seems insufficient for the social media generation.

this is only to be expected when some people lack critical thinking skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think it's just a contrarian attitude. Whatever the media/doctors/scientists/common sense espouses, they have to adopt the opposite stance to show they're not sheeple or something...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

this is only to be expected when some people lack critical thinking skills

Yep. Seems to be working class people who tend not to go to third level education either. They just don't learn that there's things they don't know as is for everyone. They get sold certainty in various packages, especially religion which they viscerally cling to and reject with vigour or even hostility any sort of differing opinion. Even take a look at the most sectarian areas of Belfast and you'll see significant urban decay. The educated and middle classes are largely immune from extremism as there seems to be no appetite for radical change there for obvious reasons.

It makes sense that it's a US problem given the general antipathy they have for "big government" and problems with access to education.
    I think it's just a contrarian attitude. Whatever the media/doctors/scientists/common sense espouses, they have to adopt the opposite stance to show they're not sheeple or something...

They are sheeple by virtue of just picking the opposite though. It's a long way off being intellectual which they try to masquerade as being.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yep. Seems to be working class people who tend not to go to third level education either. They just don't learn that there's things they don't know as is for everyone. They get sold certainty in various packages, especially religion which they viscerally cling to and reject with vigour or even hostility any sort of differing opinion. Even take a look at the most sectarian areas of Belfast and you'll see significant urban decay. The educated and middle classes are largely immune from extremism as there seems to be no appetite for radical change there for obvious reasons.

It makes sense that it's a US problem given the general antipathy they have for "big government" and problems with access to education.

They are sheeple by virtue of just picking the opposite though. It's a long way off being intellectual which they try to masquerade as being.

well apart from gemma.

well apart from gemma.

Doesn't stop them selling the guff to the gullible, mind. I was also painting with broad strokes.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Add something to Airplane Jets to counter Climate Change .

Then that Actress could continually fly (business class ) from Los Angeles to London while Virtue Signalling from her exhaust !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I guess but you would also see dramatic decreases in skin cancer and tans in general. As well as a sudden increase in vitamin D deficiency. But yeah its bs so it's another cconversation for another day ��

The big one I've heard is that they've been releasing some aluminium compound. What is it about crackpots obsession with aluminium?

:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1141442555231514624

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Will 5g mean that we won’t need line rental for Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

they caught the brexit twice?

JoeMgBG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I noticed this a long time ago.

A friend of mine was into the Mayan 2012 stuff as well as the sovereign citizen nonsense. Naturally enough he was also into the chemtrail and flouride theories too. He's also the only guy I ever met who was into astrology.

Whatever about his motivations for seeking out this sort of stuff, the reason that I think it gained any momentum with his was that he couldn't see the distinction between say, a paragraph in a science book about black holes and a paragraph in an astrology book about the personality traits about children born while Mars was in retrograde.

These two types of information looked equally valid to him and were just something that you could believe in with equal certainty. The language used to describe both of these phenomena were equally "sciencey". What he lacked was the ability to ask "how do they know this" and to understand the answers.

If you applied that to black holes, you'd need to know a bit about light and gravity and some classical mechanics. You would also need to understand the scientific process.

On the other hand, if you applied "how do they know this" to astrology, you always come back to "some guy just made it up, wrote it in a book and a bunch of people just repeated it in other books".

But, like I said, if you can't apply that sort of thinking for whatever reason, it's very hard if not impossible to tell the difference between nonsense and reality.

For anyone concerned Stephen is safe. He has just ran from here after that "truth bomb"

Bit of a mad one there this evening :pac: 21 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gintonious wrote: »

Glory be to the oh lord...

Beat me to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Birneybau wrote: »
    Beat me to it :pac:

Great minds!

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    Great minds!

Think alike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

haha

• Site Banned Posts: 16 lipso tokko

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Izzy Kamikaze? What is that?

was he the hotstepper?

Izzy Akinade you stocking....?

I wonder was that staged

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I wonder was that staged

Either way it's funny to be fair

Ah. It wasnt.

I see Gemma says he was burned by it ffs.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Ah. It wasnt.

I see Gemma says he was burned by it ffs.

Grand Turdino said it was "just water", and we all know the flouride in the water burns, along with the chemtrails landing and seeping into the water table.

Oooooooh Rowan and Gemma disagreeing. This will split the fan base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oooooooh Rowan and Gemma disagreeing. This will split the fan base.
    link?

Advertisement