Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 19:33   #16
Jade2015

Thanks for all the replies and info. It's a minefield. I dont know if the tennents are planning to leave, as I think they initially were but now one of them has lost their job so i think both are on social welfare now. Maybe I'll do a deal with then as so far it's a few months rent and I dont want it to cost much more financially or stress wise.
Advertisement
13-06-2019, 02:33   #17
utmbuilder

Sounds like your in a good state of mind , approaching them don't be afraid to tell them you simply can't afford the mortgage anymore.
13-06-2019, 07:41   #18
My name is Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The phrase "if accepted by the Board" refers to procedural matters such as the fee is paid, the appeal is in time etc. If the paperwork is in order there will be an appeal and it is a full re-hearing. The adjudicators report is not analysed.
I’ll let you know what happens on this, as the form for appeal has a section on ‘grounds for appeal’ as well as the ‘if accepted’ wording in the letter.

I would hope the RTB has at least a shred of common sense before taking on every single appeal request?

I mean, if I was appealing and I wrote in ‘spaghetti hoops’ as grounds for appeal, would they still take it on?

http://www.rtb.ie/docs/default-sourc...m.pdf?sfvrsn=2
16-06-2019, 03:15   #19
utmbuilder

A judge during the week was in the press slamming the rtb for taken the appeal fee and not contacting the tennent with a hearing date
17-06-2019, 08:01   #20
Baby01032012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Mud View Post
I’ll let you know what happens on this, as the form for appeal has a section on ‘grounds for appeal’ as well as the ‘if accepted’ wording in the letter.

I would hope the RTB has at least a shred of common sense before taking on every single appeal request?

I mean, if I was appealing and I wrote in ‘spaghetti hoops’ as grounds for appeal, would they still take it on?

http://www.rtb.ie/docs/default-sourc...m.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Well yes if you wrote that you are Mickey Mouse I doubt they would accept that but in reality the RTB will accept any appeal 100% of the time as they fear it ultimately being appealed to the high court and loosing on basis that they didn’t give due process.

I had tenants operating a brothel as evidenced by the gardai overholding and not paying rent. They didn’t turn up to the adjudication and gave no reason. On day 21 of the 21 days to appeal they appealed on basis that they didn’t attend adjudication as they had doctors appointment. Appeal was allowed which delayed the process by another 2 months and then they didn’t turn up to the tribunal either.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion