Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32gb Google Nexus 7 Tablet €149 on Ibood

• 31-10-2013 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I know Ibood can be "slow to deliver" sometimes but this looks like a good deal? http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

ASUS / Google 's Nexus 7 32GB Android 4.2 Tablet « Back
    Brand: Google / ASUS
    Type: Nexus 7
    Brilliant and powerful 7-inch Android tablet
    Resolution of 1280 × 800
    Back-lit HD IPS display
    Scratch resistant 7-inch screen
    1.2MP front camera
    Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor, 1.3GHz
    1 GB DDR3 RAM
    32GB internal storage
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
    Bluetooth
    NFC (Android Beam)
    USB: Micro USB
    Microphone, Acceleration sounder, GPS, Magnetometer, Gyroscope
    4325 mAh battery provides: 8 hour use watch / HD video, 10 hours of browsing or e-reader use, 300 hours standby
    Dimensions: 198.5 x 120 x 10, 45mm
    Weight: 340 grams
    Warnty: 2 years
    The expected shipping date of this product is 13 November 2013

€ 249,95

Now! € 149,95 + (12,50)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Is that the latest version or the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Why is the spec different to this one?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1383661.htmProduct description / spec

Display:

7 inch screen.
    Resolution 1920 x 1200 pixels.
    IPS technology.
    Multi-touch screen.
    LED backlit display.
    Specifications:

1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
    2GB RAM.
    32 GB internal storage.
    Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system.
    Built-in speaker.
    Webcam.
    Wi-Fi enabled.
    Bluetooth - enabling you to easily and wirelessly connect with other bluetooth enabled devices.
    3.5mm stereo headphone jack.
    Microphone.
    Micro USB.
    Additional information:

Up to 10 hours battery life (depending on usage).
    8.6mm thin.
    Size H20, W11.4cm.
    Weight 300g.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

Last year's model.
    It's still a good tablet with a few flaws, not sure what competition it has at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Doesn't mention SIM, I've been intending to move to tablet full time as an experiment (using it as phone too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Reviews say wifi connectivity only..suits me...I want something to replace laptop for browsing/travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Its not 3g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brilliant tablet for that price, no sd slot the only drawback I have with mine. May be last year's model but still a substantially better tablet than most in the price point

• Registered Users Posts: 29,995 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

no hdmi out either if I remember correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Would this be a better deal than the Samsung tab on offer at Argos at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Would this be a better deal than the Samsung tab on offer at Argos at the moment?

The Argos Deal is EUR 149.99 with €20 credit so EUR 129.99
    The Ibood deal is EUR 149.95 with €12.50 postage so EUR 162.45

The ibood deal will probably have a european plug aswell

Also easier to return to a B&M store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Samsung screen pales, compared to any version of the Nexus 7. Remember, this Nexus will get the next major release of Android, KitKat.

You can get data on and off the tablet without rooting. Granted, it is a nuisance, but it is manageable.

Great tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

Might go in for this or the Samsung. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Qwerty? wrote: »

I got the Samsung Tab for 125 from Asda, if I had seen this deal beforehand, I would have gone for the Nexus without a doubt. Take from that what you will.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Is the samsung not 8gig storage? Cos the nexus is 32.
    I'm humming and hawing myself but I fully expected them to be sold out overnight. I'll probably continue to prevaricate til they're gone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bidiots wrote: »
    I got the Samsung Tab for 125 from Asda, if I had seen this deal beforehand, I would have gone for the Nexus without a doubt. Take from that what you will.....

That will do me :D pulling trigger now

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

bennyc wrote: »
    That will do me :D pulling trigger now

I can't seem to get this order through.When I try to pay I get an error on page.I have tried both paypal and credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

ralphie wrote: »
    I can't seem to get this order through.When I try to pay I get an error on page.I have tried both paypal and credit card.

Same for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

cson wrote: »
    Might go in for this or the Samsung. Decisions.

Speaking as someone who has used both, I don't think there's much of a decision at all. The Nexus is the best android tablet available, only bettered by the newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

ralphie wrote: »

got my order through but I had to back out of paypal the first time as the delivery address looked incorrect, tried again after 10 minutes as it was locked and it worked eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I bought mine last night no problem. Have been considering a tablet for some time and this was too good a deal to let go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thanks folks, was looking at a tablet for Mrs B for Christmas and this definitely looks like the best deal out there - just hope it arrives on time now as going by past comments this is where IBOOD aren't great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I ordered earlier. I've a bit of time before it's needed for one of the children's birthday, so even with the delivery question marks it was still too good to turn down. If you think the 16gb was snapped up when tesco had it for €148, €162 for the 32gb is a good price. We've other nexus's in the house (this will make it one each!), so chargers aren't an issue.

One thing I'd say to anyone looking at other options for children, that the nexus 7 with latest version of Android has restricted profiles available. As far as I'm aware, the other options like the Tab2 or Hubl haven't upgraded yet. You can really lock them down with the restricted profiles, so no internet, playstore access etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looking to get a simple tablet for browsing for myself and games for my 4 year son (to keep him away from my iPhone).

Would this be good or would the Samsung at the cheaper price suit my needs?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looking to get a simple tablet for browsing for myself and games for my 4 year son (to keep him away from my iPhone).

Would this be good or would the Samsung at the cheaper price suit my needs?
    The samsung would meet the technology needs, but the point I was making about the android version comes into play. With the nexus 7, with the latest version of android, you can set up a restricted profile and specify certain apps/ games only, block access to the internet, block access to the playstore (so no surprise bills from upgrades) etc. You'd really want research when, or if, the tab2 is going to get the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You really need a profile that allows sites you specify and blocks others. Can it do that? Otherwise you install an app on either device to do it.
    fat bloke wrote: »
    Is the samsung not 8gig storage? Cos the nexus is 32.
    I'm humming and hawing myself but I fully expected them to be sold out overnight. I'll probably continue to prevaricate til they're gone! :)

For many the advantage of the SD card slot is you can swap cards, if travelling etc. Can't do this with Nexus. You'd assume 32 is enough though.

http://www.howtogeek.com/129800/how-to-use-usb-drives-with-the-nexus-7-and-other-android-devices/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

This is a great tablet. We got one last year when Viking had them at €179 to share between our 6yr old and 4yr old. The 4yr old hogs it all the time, so to try to stop the fights we decided to see if we could find the same one for our other kid.
    I've installed an app locker, so that certain things can be restricted unless you know the pin; such as particular apps, or turning on or off wifi.
    Kids will love this, it's easy to use, perfect for small hands and you can get a good, yet cheap, cover on Amazon that doubles up as a stand for when they want to watch videos in 'TV' style.
    The lack of an SD slot hasn't had the impact that I originally thought it would, but you can buy an adaptor cable (again really cheap on Amazon) that plugs into the USB port and allows you to connect flash drives.
    I've just bought this one, so many thanks OP for bringing this to my attention.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I didn't buy a Nexus 7 when they first came out and the SD slot was a major turn off for me.

However, I picked up a HTC One this year and it came with 20GB of Dropbox storage (added to the 13GB I already had) and so this has become a total non issue. Add to that the fact that Google Play let me upload all of my music (some 17,000ish songs) for free to stream from the clouds whenever, the storage on the device really isn't a concern unless you live in the sticks and don't have decent 3G coverage (wifi hotspot on my phone) or are surrounded by WiFis.

Basically, for €150+postage this is a no brainer. I got a 16GB model second hand a couple of months ago and after having wasted time with "cheap" tablets, there is no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The samsung would meet the technology needs, but the point I was making about the android version comes into play. With the nexus 7, with the latest version of android, you can set up a restricted profile and specify certain apps/ games only, block access to the internet, block access to the playstore (so no surprise bills from upgrades) etc. You'd really want research when, or if, the tab2 is going to get the upgrade.

To be honest he's only 4 and will always be using the tablet in my wife or I's presence so I don't think that will be a big problem.

I'd say it'll be another few years until he discovers that side of the Internet!

Lemlin wrote: »
    To be honest he's only 4 and will always be using the tablet in my wife or I's presence so I don't think that will be a big problem.

I'd say it'll be another few years until he discovers that side of the Internet!
    I was surprised how many games prompt to buy credits, extra's, access to extra levels etc. I'll admit I've never tested just how easy it is to follow through the process, but I have heard and read some horror stories of parents getting hammered on bills, so me the restricted profile is an extra peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

1st time using ibood, simple process and 2 cheap nexus 7 ordered. :D

Dispatch date says the 13th so ill let ye know..

Advertisement