Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Irish Tattoo Conventions 2018/2019 are you going to next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Have'nt been to one in years last one was in The Red Cow maybe 2000 or somewhere near it? love them but i find irish conventions don't have a lot of well known artists, but any that come are good don't get me wrong . I used to go to the Dunstable convention [outside Luton] in the 90's was the biggest in Europe at the time,best artists in the world came to it got to know a few of them , but that was years ago, tried to get to dublin one last year but something came up , Went to Middleton in the early 2000's good enough show bit small at the time, ah maybe get to a few next year .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Black Pearl

decky1 wrote: »
    Have'nt been to one in years last one was in The Red Cow maybe 2000 or somewhere near it? love them but i find irish conventions don't have a lot of well known artists, but any that come are good don't get me wrong . I used to go to the Dunstable convention [outside Luton] in the 90's was the biggest in Europe at the time,best artists in the world came to it got to know a few of them , but that was years ago, tried to get to dublin one last year but something came up , Went to Middleton in the early 2000's good enough show bit small at the time, ah maybe get to a few next year .:D

Nice! I was in the Red Cow when the Dublin one was there a few years ago. I went to that one this year and also the other Dublin Tattoo Art Expo and then Belfast (Titanic Convention). They were pretty fun. Galway one is good because the hotel is really nice and its close to the city to go out. Cork I was at around a year or two ago, that was ok, probably wouldnt go again but had good fun in the city that night. I heard good things about the Limerick tattoo convention so prob check that one out next and I think I will go to the London Tattoo Convention next September. It is meant to be out of this world!

went to the first convention that was held in limerick, got a lovely 'Carp' done by Nares Bhana he has a shop on the Holloway road in london,[great artist too] have'nt been to the london one it took over from the Dunstable show, would love to go if i get the funds.

Anyone make it to the Dublin Tattoo Convention last weekend? I went on Saturday and was supprised by the amount of working artists , held in the main hall in RDS so loads of room for them to display their wears etc. Some lovely work being done at the show, nice crowed but i thought it would be full [maybe Sunday was busier] ? How times have changed i only had heard of 2 of the artists working the show, but nevertheless they all were on their game. I often wondered about the Irish shows why none of the well known English artists come over, maybe with all the shows in England now they just can't make it. Anyway had a very relaxing day and all the people i spoke to were super friendly and were more than willing to have a chat. looking forward to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Anyone make it to the Dublin Tattoo Convention last weekend? I went on Saturday and was supprised by the amount of working artists , held in the main hall in RDS so loads of room for them to display their wears etc. Some lovely work being done at the show, nice crowed but i thought it would be full [maybe Sunday was busier] ? How times have changed i only had heard of 2 of the artists working the show, but nevertheless they all were on their game. I often wondered about the Irish shows why none of the well known English artists come over, maybe with all the shows in England now they just can't make it. Anyway had a very relaxing day and all the people i spoke to were super friendly and were more than willing to have a chat. looking forward to the next.

I was there Saturday and Sunday. Great crowd, some amazing talent too. Sunday seemed busier to me anyway.
    I had started a piece with one of the artists a few weeks before and got a day in on it at the show. Did you get any work done while there?
    Hoping to head down to Midleton in January to get a bit more done.

I suppose with Brighton Manchester and London the UK artists wouldnt really need to travel here for a convention.

• Advertisement

Zadkiel wrote: »
    I was there Saturday and Sunday. Great crowd, some amazing talent too. Sunday seemed busier to me anyway.
    I had started a piece with one of the artists a few weeks before and got a day in on it at the show. Did you get any work done while there?
    Hoping to head down to Midleton in January to get a bit more done.

I suppose with Brighton Manchester and London the UK artists wouldnt really need to travel here for a convention.

No did'nt get any work done,would love to go to some of the English show, as i said i went over for years really good time , [lot younger then] went to the Middleton show in their early years, thought it was a bit rough and ready [[thinking back it may have been their first show in the rugby grounds outside town i presume things have got better? do they still have it there? still have the address of the b+b we stayed in [the most comfortable bed i ever slept in] sorry don't have a number,[maybe your fixed up already?] it's just up the road from a big hotel on the cork road.whose doing your work+what is it?:cool:

No did'nt get any work done,would love to go to some of the English show, as i said i went over for years really good time , [lot younger then] went to the Middleton show in their early years, thought it was a bit rough and ready [[thinking back it may have been their first show in the rugby grounds outside town i presume things have got better? do they still have it there? still have the address of the b+b we stayed in [the most comfortable bed i ever slept in] sorry don't have a number,[maybe your fixed up already?] it's just up the road from a big hotel on the cork road.whose doing your work+what is it?:cool:

Its on in the Midleton Park Hotel, so hoping to stay there. There's still rooms available.
    I'm working on a Japanese forearm piece of a Fu Dog. James Conway is doing it, he's awesome.

It's still healing but I'll throw up a pic when it's all healed.

Zadkiel wrote: »
    Its on in the Midleton Park Hotel, so hoping to stay there. There's still rooms available.
    I'm working on a Japanese forearm piece of a Fu Dog. James Conway is doing it, he's awesome.

It's still healing but I'll throw up a pic when it's all healed.
    i think that's the hotel i was thinking about , that b+b is just up the road , Mrs O' Sullivan 'Oatencake lodge' Cork Road, well worth a look if your stuck, may be cheaper than hotel, extra money for the Tattoo.;)
    PS.just had a look at his work, that guy is Magic.

i think that's the hotel i was thinking about , that b+b is just up the road , Mrs O' Sullivan 'Oatencake lodge' Cork Road, well worth a look if your stuck, may be cheaper than hotel, extra money for the Tattoo.;)

Cheers for that!

Advertisement