Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

Claw09 wrote: »
    Got 1000 litres Kerosene from Top Oil for €489.96 in Clare just now, they warn of delay with deliveries.
    I ordered it around the same time, I still haven't gotten delivery yet

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Still 558 /1000 in Kerry

Have been tracking this and waiting to order in Kerry now for a good while, wonder when we can expect to see the reductions filter through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Have been tracking this and waiting to order in Kerry now for a good while, wonder when we can expect to see the reductions filter through?

When the gougers see inflated price orders dropping off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Top Oil in Kildare still over 600 euro for 1000L. Chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Slightly off topic but if anyone living in a terraced house intends ordering from Top they will currently not deliver. My delivery arrived this morning and the driver rang me from the cab to tell me "new regulations" meant he couldn't enter my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Price gougers here in Meath, suppliers are 267, 268, 269 and 270 for 500 litres, running a bloody cartel, no one yet below 500 for 1000 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

€349 for 1000 litres just across the border in Armagh, just need to pick it up yourself . €500 from monaghan fuel companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Not far off it now. I got 500l delivered today for 270, was tempted to get another 500 but need to see how much room is left in the tank first.

Actually, scratch that. 1000l from the same supplier is 490 at the moment. https://www.clonmeloil.com/

Good article in yesterday's papers that 3/4 of the world storage facilities are full to the brim and yet the Saudis are continuing to pump it out at full speed in their tiff with the Russians. I'll top up again and that'll do for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

The best I can find in Cork is;
    500L - 290e - 58c/ltr
    1000L - 560e - 56c/ltr

Corrib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

€450 for 1000 litres in cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Anyone know of best prices in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know of best prices in Limerick?

Check www.cheapestoil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

There's some serious discrepancies in the price of kerosene and road diesel nationally.

I have just ordered kerosene at 45.4c inc VAT for my mother who is based in North Tipperary.

The price in Waterford is close to 60c per litre.

Road Diesel at the pump in Borrisokane in North Tipp is 111.8 c per litre.

Its 122 c or so in Waterford.

Price gouging????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Mackzee wrote: »
    The best I can find in Cork is;
    500L - 290e - 58c/ltr
    1000L - 560e - 56c/ltr

Corrib

Just ordered 1,000L from MJ Kellihers for €540 took a bit of haggling as bidding opened at €570 as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

ruwithme wrote: »
    €450 for 1000 litres in cavan.

Who's that with? Mccaughey cheapest at €500 on cheapestoil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Anyone know what 500litres of kerosene would cost in limerick now. Cheapist oil will only give me corrib and that's 7 days old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyone know what 500litres of kerosene would cost in limerick now. Cheapist oil will only give me corrib and that's 7 days old

Just ring around like the rest of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I use www.cheapestoil.ie this has been mentioned multiple times, are people not reading back the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

vicwatson wrote: »
    I use www.cheapestoil.ie this has been mentioned multiple times, are people not reading back the thread?

For the best price you got to haggle over the phone........always works for me..

Thanks for the most useless and unhelpful post on boards I've seen. And from looking at your post you have asked for advice enough times. Really why did you bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Thanks for the most useless and unhelpful post on boards I've seen. And from looking at your post you have asked for advice enough times. Really why did you bother

TBH if you want the cheapest price you have to do the legwork yourself and ring around. Every time someone is a cent a litre cheaper you are saving yourself a fiver

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I got 500ltrs for €269 with Topoil with €20 discount with code GAA2 in Wexford,could be cheaper now, saying that i ordered Monday still waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    For the best price you got to haggle over the phone........always works for me..

Worked for me today with Top. No haggling. I asked for a quote for 700 ltrs. Was quoted €360.00. Their website was quoting me €392.98, so I jumped at thephone offer. Delivery will be mid- next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Well as others have shown the best prices are obtained by actually ringing around. Cheapest oil is always behind realtime pricing. If you consider it useless and unhelpful then that's your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Well as others have shown the best prices are obtained by actually ringing around. Cheapest oil is always behind realtime pricing. If you consider it useless and unhelpful then that's your choice.

Yes but by people posting on here what they are payin gives us a big advantage in our “negotiations “

It would be helpful to have a guide and an idea. Rather than a smart answer. Really if you don't want to help somebody why bother commenting at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It would be helpful to have a guide and an idea. Rather than a smart answer. Really if you don't want to help somebody why bother commenting at all

What's your problem? Post after post are after giving you various prices from different parts of the country, what exactly are you looking for?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's your problem? Post after post are after giving you various prices from different parts of the country, what exactly are you looking for?

I have no problem. I asked if anyone had any idea of prices in limerick. Cheapest oil don't cover limerick only corrib oil which hasn't been updated in 7 days. I asked for help and got a smart answer. That's my problem. If you read the post you could see that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I'm on bulk gas. Doubt I'll see the benefit.
    FML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Lurching wrote: »
    I'm on bulk gas. Doubt I'll see the benefit.
    FML.

When I was building nearly 30 years ago now I was thinking of putting in bulk gas. I was warned off, while mains gas is compeditive bulk gas had only two suppliers in the country at the time.Locally I can price kerosene of at least six different suppliers all the time.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement