Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Just ordered 500ltrs for €269 with gaa20 code thanks to claw09 ,everyone else in Wexford €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I bought 200ltr for €200 only about two weeks back. I feel robbed now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

DopeTech wrote: »

You were robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bring it back.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You'll always pay a high price for small deliveries.
    Try and get 500L at a time.

Price should fall well below €500 for 1000l in a week or so.

$ to € going from 1.14 to 1.07 dented a bigger drop this week as currency changes take effect almost immediately as it applies when the refined product leaves the refinery. Even if the refinery is in Cork / Wales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still 59c a litre for 500L in mayo..........and bizarrely 61c a litre for 750 L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

km79 wrote: »
    Still 59c a litre for 500L in mayo..........and bizarrely 61c a litre for 750 L

That doesn't make any sense.

I paid 39.9c up north in Saturday. They were doing £ for €.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

59c a litre in Laois too from my usual supplier. It was 63c/litre last week, will wait and see what another week brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Is there a difference in the quality of heating oil (like petrol/diesel)? The cheapest in my area is €500 for 1000 litres but most reputable company (moreso for road fuels) is dearest at €580 for 1000 litres with a few other suppliers in between that range. €80 is a fair difference but could it be poor quality?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Is there a difference in the quality of heating oil (like petrol/diesel)? The cheapest in my area is €500 for 1000 litres but most reputable company (moreso for road fuels) is dearest at €580 for 1000 litres with a few other suppliers in between that range. €80 is a fair difference but could it be poor quality?

Do you think it's dubious .............. slimshady007?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If you're close to the border then it could be a possible reason. At least you're seeing price differences, here in Wexford it's the usual cartel bull****...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Oil is 25/ barrel and that is in dollars. It a bit like own brand milk most comes from the same refinery. Saw a group price for car diesel at 1.05/L cheapest forecourt is 1.22 that I can see. Huge margin if a retailer can maintain it

Slava Ukrainii

Oil is 25/ barrel and that is in dollars. It a bit like own brand milk most comes from the same refinery. Saw a group price for car diesel at 1.05/L cheapest forecourt is 1.22 that I can see. Huge margin if a retailer can maintain it

I got diesel for 1.17.9 last week, it's probably lower now as the dearest garages are 1.18.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

I got diesel for 111.9 today. One place had it at 109.9 in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Group price on diesel is almost always excluding vat, but if the price updated today, it is possible it's incl vat. My dci price is 93.7c+ vat

I'm surprised heating oil has not dropped close to €500/1000L yet, should be feeding into the system this week. I'm holding out for a few more days

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

€460 for 1000L in Louth from reputable source - was €720 for the same in December

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

iggy82 wrote: »
    €460 for 1000L in Louth from reputable source - was €720 for the same in December

Can you name the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Is it a secret

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Slab oil Laundries,
    A Very Dark Alley,
    Bandit Town,
    Co Free Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

unklerosco wrote: »
    Can you name the source?

Johnny Quigley Oils

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Going to wait for these price gougers to drop prices, hold off for sub 500 for 1000 litres

Oil price may fall to $10 a barrel as world runs out of storage space

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/25/oil-price-may-fall-to-10-a-barrel-as-world-runs-out-of-storage-space?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Registered Users Posts: 51,106 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's also worth mentioning that the next round of carbon taxes on the likes of home heating oil take effect in May so keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's also worth mentioning that the next round of carbon taxes on the likes of home heating oil take effect in May so keep that in mind.

If we get a supplementary budget expect that fuel will be seen as an easy target to raise taxes on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Going to wait for these price gougers to drop prices, hold off for sub 500 for 1000 litres

Oil price may fall to $10 a barrel as world runs out of storage space

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/25/oil-price-may-fall-to-10-a-barrel-as-world-runs-out-of-storage-space?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Not far off it now. I got 500l delivered today for 270, was tempted to get another 500 but need to see how much room is left in the tank first.

Actually, scratch that. 1000l from the same supplier is 490 at the moment. https://www.clonmeloil.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still 59 cent a litre in mayo
    Only way will be up from that id say
    The only drop on last 2 weeks was to bring it back down after an INCREASE

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

It is 59 cent a litre in Kilkenny with Top Oil.

I still think it will come down a bit more so am holding off buying at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Just saw 79.9c for kero on some place on the North Road in Drogheda. Now that is just totally taking the pee.

Just saw 79.9c for kero on some place on the North Road in Drogheda. Now that is just totally taking the pee.

That's from the pumps for the 2 drums merchants, definitely the pre pay power version of buying kerosene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still 558 /1000 in Kerry

Advertisement