Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Similarities

Options
  • 23-09-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for some opinions here,

I know this may be Wayy off, but still, gotta try.

After seeing the carvings on the large stones at Goebekli Tepe, I saw a vague similarity to the carvings of Kelpies on Scottish standing stones.

Am I delerious, or is there something to this possible match?
    Could imagery from Turkey have made its way into Scottish Mythology?

Opinions please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

2604373352_56ca2a196f.jpg

_46842188_pictish_stone1_466.jpg

Kelpies/Pictish carvings

goebekli_tepe_carvings_composite.jpg

Göbekli Tepe

I don't know, they're both animals carved in light relief but that seems like a fairly common artform that most ancient peoples will have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

There seems to be an angle that the two animals are positioned at that somehow can't seem to ignore.

Maybe it is nothing, but I just keep being drawn back to these two images.

Advertisement