Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭893bet

So half the value on your 6 month old second hand car is sensible? In any market for any product it is a terrible offer. While the cost of stainless rolex is abnormal, thats obvious here is that Watchfinder are holding too much stock, even in these highly desirable models. The irony that it is watchfinder that have a lot to do with the cost of these in the first place is not lost on me.

I dont know how real all this is at the moment. People are making rushed, knee jerk decisions. Dont sell anything at the moment, leave the big flippers to suffer rather than allow them to profit in the unknown.

It’s a sensible offer in relation to the RRP. If the steel Rolex market had been functioning “normally” which it obviously wasn’t.

Agree. Bad time to sell. Worse time to buy. This looks a little like the “denial” phase of a boom bust cycle. When you consider 50% of the world or more is on lockdown and unemployment is going through the the roof with no clear path out of the mire then......uncharted territory no doubt. Potential to make 2008 look like a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

If my job doesn't go (doesn't look like it will thankfully) I might even try get a Milgauss this year if the bottom does fall out of the market.

Assuming Milguass is one if the models affected by a price crash of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had hands on with a "replica" pepsi earlier today.
    Honestly shocked by both the quality of it, in hand it felt really good.
    And the finish, I'll be honest only for I had been told it was a fake and that I knew the hand order was wrong for the GMT hand...
    I'd have very likely taken it as being genuine.

Now I'd be fairly easy to fool, as I know nothing much about Rolex but so easy to get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Sky Helpful Fencer

893bet wrote: »
    It’s a sensible offer in relation to the RRP. If the steel Rolex market had been functioning “normally” which it obviously wasn’t.

Agree. Bad time to sell. Worse time to buy. This looks a little like the “denial” phase of a boom bust cycle. When you consider 50% of the world or more is on lockdown and unemployment is going through the the roof with no clear path out of the mire then......uncharted territory no doubt. Potential to make 2008 look like a blip.

To be fair I cannot help but hate watchfinder. They are partially the cause of the flipper price madness, and now on the downside they will try rape sellers. I think the madness may be busting, but that doesn't mean that the non mad models are going to drop the same percentage amount as the mad models, it seem like everyone will use this as an excuse to try pay what suits them rather than what anything is worth. No you wont get a Daytona for 6k.

Blro just sold instantly on TZ for 11k sterling. Que waiting for it to fall through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭blindsider

I'm on Stowa's mailing list and I received an email from them a couple of days ago......

....basically giving me a 1-time code for €50 off any spend >€250

I won't be using it, so happy to pass on to a regular W & T Boardsie.

I can't guarantee it will work, but I assume it will. PM me for details. Please only PM me if you are about to pull the trigger on a Stowa.... before 30.04.20

Might be of use to someone

Blro just sold instantly on TZ for 11k sterling. Que waiting for it to fall through.

a fair price, I bet the guy wishes he put it up for 12 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've been thinking of an Aqua Terra and there is one for sale close to me (probably 2018ish) but it is on a rubber strap and I'd want it on a bracelet - is there anywhere I'd pick up a bracelet at a reasonable cost?

I've been thinking of an Aqua Terra and there is one for sale close to me (probably 2018ish) but it is on a rubber strap and I'd want it on a bracelet - is there anywhere I'd pick up a bracelet at a reasonable cost?

Which version AT? Link to watch

Where are you located?

What do you define as reasonable?

Thanks

It's this one here -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217835635261055/permalink/1054824168228860/?sale_post_id=1054824168228860

I would be close enough to collect in person if these corona restrictions were not in place.

I'd buy it but obviously concerned about fakes. Seller is second owner and doesn't have box or papers. It is in quite a busy Omega FB group though so not sure that is the place you would post a fake.

• Advertisement

I was asking as I have an AT an would consider selling the bracelet. It’s a different model to that watch though.

2000 euro sound cheap but I guess reflective of the lack of paperwork. RRP on these is more than 4.5k?

No box or papers for such a new watch is a concern. Would be worried it’s stolen personally.

A loupe to inspect the movement in detail would be needed. These movements can be faked to high standards these days.

I was asking as I have an AT an would consider selling the bracelet. It’s a different model to that watch though.

2000 euro sound cheap but I guess reflective of the lack of paperwork. RRP on these is more than 4.5k?

No box or papers for such a new watch is a concern. Would be worried it’s stolen personally.

A loupe to inspect the movement in detail would be needed. These movements can be faked to high standards these days.
    Ok thanks - would the bracelet still fit? I wouldn't be hung up on having the identical one the watch came with.

Seller looks genuine from his FB page but it is on the cheap side. If he had box and papers I'd probably have already bought it - but yeah I'm wondering who buys a 4.5k watch and throws away the papers and receipt?

Ok thanks - would the bracelet still fit? I wouldn't be hung up on having the identical one the watch came with.

Seller looks genuine from his FB page but it is on the cheap side. If he had box and papers I'd probably have already bought it - but yeah I'm wondering who buys a 4.5k watch and throws away the papers and receipt?

Not sure if it would fit. There are two different sizes in the older version, 38.5mm and 41mm, mine is 38.5. Not sure if there was a case design between versions. Looking at the omega site I can only see a 41mm model current? Did they drop the smaller size perhaps. Def won’t fit if that’s the case.

In either case you should be expecting to pay circa 400 for a second hand bracelet.

Micks address on here seems to be boring slightly of his AT as have seen him offering it for trade so his arm may be twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Not sure if it would fit. There are two different sizes in the older version, 38.5mm and 41mm, mine is 38.5. Not sure if there was a case design between versions. Looking at the omega site I can only see a 41mm model current? Did they drop the smaller size perhaps. Def won’t fit if that’s the case.

In either case you should be expecting to pay circa 400 for a second hand bracelet.

Micks address on here seems to be boring slightly of his AT as have seen him offering it for trade so his arm may be twisted.

Ha :) I'm just bored in general. Mine has the bracelet and a very nice horween leather strap and Omega aligator strap ..both with Omega deployant buckles.

I don't have cards with mine. But it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have completely fallen for this watch. But it's quartz. I really really wish there was a mechanical version.
    Eugh...to jump or not to jump. £395 is not a bad price.

c03-39qch3-s00w1-lc_fr_1.jpg

I had to be patient but finally got it in one of their clearances today. €308 incl delivery.
    Something to look forward to...and I really need to have a clearance sale of my own now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That's lovely. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the black date wheel.

https://www.adverts.ie/20114958

Against rules but entertaining. That seller is a bit of a dick in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Lol at "getting my solicitor to write you a letter"!

You just couldnt buy such an expensive watch off anyone that is so uncool. Potential buyers be dicks sometimes, but you have to keep your cool. It just puts a stank over the entire thing. I dont get the hulk either, I dont know how it became such a in demand watch, its a weird colour.

He over values the watch anyway. Suspect he wants 14k plus. He offer it for 12 k to thomas then changed his mind.

https://www.adverts.ie/19697520

• Advertisement

He over values the watch anyway. Suspect he wants 14k plus. He offer it for 12 k to thomas then changed his mind.

https://www.adverts.ie/19697520

Very suspicious....he didnt know what it was worth? You never know maybe this is the famous McAnus hulk....that kind of providence adds thousands onto any watch.

• Moderators Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yeah, he is. I nuked the ad for No Valid Asking Price

Spocker wrote: »
    Yeah, he is. I nuked the ad for No Valid Asking Price

Ssssssssssh don’t admit that! You will have a solicitor letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ssssssssssh don’t admit that! You will have a solicitor letter!

Can I get one too please? I reported the ad for not having a valid asking price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

unkel wrote: »
    Can I get one too please? I reported the ad for not having a valid asking price :p

Here's a letter from a solicitor... erm - letter P :pac: *exit stage left*

He has put it up again......for 15,000 euro...wow, I admire his optimism.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-hulk-2019/20114958

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You just couldnt buy such an expensive watch off anyone that is so uncool. Potential buyers be dicks sometimes, but you have to keep your cool. It just puts a stank over the entire thing. I dont get the hulk either, I dont know how it became such a in demand watch, its a weird colour.

Hey don’t diss the hulk :(

Only joking it is a bit marmite but if you like it you tend to really like it

I think green Rolexes do well because the Asians associate green quite positively or am I making that up

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hey don’t diss the hulk :(

Only joking it is a bit marmite but if you like it you tend to really like it

I think green Rolexes do well because the Asians associate green quite positively or am I making that up

Hey I am into the weird watches myself, its just my weird watches never seem to reach such levels of desirability. Hulks are a very vibrant colour in some lights.

Here is a good enough deal for a nice ICW, a little negoiation and thats a winner.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/iwc-pilot-mark-xvi/19649939

It ain’t going to sell for close to that.

I lolled hard at the lower price to go to PM. Talk about inviting tyrekickers and sob stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

I really like the look of the iwc too gun...they are expensive though..
    Hey I am into the weird watches myself, its just my weird watches never seem to reach such levels of desirability. Hulks are a very vibrant colour in some lights.

Here is a good enough deal for a nice ICW, a little negoiation and thats a winner.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/iwc-pilot-mark-xvi/19649939

Advertisement