Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hire event space

Options
  • 25-06-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking to hire a venue/room for approx 50 people in the Laois/Kildare/Carlow area in December for a naming ceremony.

The room would need power, plates and cutlery, chairs, tables and access to toilets.
    I would like to bring my own decorations and food and set this up myself (grazing table) but have the venue serve drinks.
    Alternatively I could byo if it wasn't licenced.

Does anyone know of a venue that meets the above criteria that I could pay to hire for few hours?

All ideas considered!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The Glenside in Killeshin might be an option? I've been there a few times for baptisms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

mneylon wrote: »
    The Glenside in Killeshin might be an option? I've been there a few times for baptisms etc

I thought that was closed down and up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

iwillhtfu wrote: »

It might be - I've no idea offhand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

I've used dicey Reilly's in the past. But they catered the food. I provided my own decorations and cake. I have attended a function there where the food was provided by the host. They have a bar in their function room.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Due to reopen from what I've heard in the next phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Any GAA clubhouse would be only too happy of the business.
    I've been to functions at Ballinabranna and it's a good set up.
    I've been to plenty in Graigue Gaa too.
    I haven't been to any in Eire Og but they do functions.

The boat club / hurling club / rugby club have function rooms.

There's a function room in most pubs.

I've been to loads in Diceys and it's perfect. It's self contained, and you can provide your own food or they can do it too. Pretty sure venue hire is free too (so long as you'd be buying the drinks).

Advertisement